Feeling Indifferent

lily300

I guess this is in the right topic area but I'm not sure. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has just felt really indifferent about their sexuality and sex in general. I don't think those things are bad or disgusting, it's just kind of whatever. I don't feel a huge urge to date, but I'm open to it if I meet someone. Suggestions, thoughts or whatever are welcomed.

I am indifferent about sex and sexuality. They've never been pertinent to my life in any way, whether in regard to myself or others. So many other things take priority over that stuff. Controlling weeds and snails, for example, is way higher on my list.

i quite like being close to someone, physically and mentally, but yeah - im pretty much indifferent about sex. like if i had a partner and they asked me for sex id probably try to put it off as long as i could, but i wouldnt really mind i suppose... i dont think it would be on my prioritized list of things i want to do with them ^_^

Tinkerbell_112

I want someone to cuddle - this is all :wub: Then life would have meaning again.

I feel pretty indifferent to many things. My sexuality and sex do not affect my daily life, so I am quite indifferent to them. They have no impact or influence.

I personally waffle between indifference towards sexuals and the sexual world and fierce opposition to both. I guess it depends on my mood and what I've read in the news that day (sexual assault articles make my asexual blood boil).

MenthaPiperita

I sympathize with people who want a partner (or a few partners) because I've been in that situation myself, and it wasn't very long ago. But lately I've become personally indifferent towards dating. I don't care if I date or not. And even though I sometimes feel mild sexual attraction, sex has never been important to me. I could take it or leave it - preferably leave it.

Guest Jigger77

Indifferent is a great way to describe how I feel about my own sexuality and even my gender. If I find someone or stay alone, whatever. I'm female, so what? Neither one has a bearing on who I am as a person. Life keeps rolling along anyway so may as well keep a somewhat optimistic look at things and try to enjoy where ever it is I find myself.

Controlling weeds and snails, for example, is way higher on my list.

Seriously...cabbage moths and deer destroyed me this year's garden season.

I apologize for getting off-topic - to Jigger, a cheap, nifty trick to keep deer out...hang tin pie pans from any low tree branches or from a line over your garden. They must move in the breeze to be effective. Look up what garden-friendly insects might eat those pesky moths. Maybe try moving some spiders in.

I guess this is in the right topic area but I'm not sure. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has just felt really indifferent about their sexuality and sex in general. I don't think those things are bad or disgusting, it's just kind of whatever. I don't feel a huge urge to date, but I'm open to it if I meet someone. Suggestions, thoughts or whatever are welcomed.

Yea I kinda feel ya. Ima a dude and love girls but I've never had one really. When I was a young I couldn't get one cuz I was such an awkward dork who never spoke. Fast forward till I was bout 30. Got in major car accident that changed my personality from a brain injury to where I was a super outgoing and super horny life of the party, gutter minded potty mouth. Very strange transformation.The recovery took 16 years So now I'm thinking. I'm practically a 50 year old virgin. I look like I'm 30, In world class athlete shape and all. But now I'm just thinking, Damn, I've wanted a girl for soooo long, but now, It's like Do I really need the sex? Do I really care? Is it worth it? Idk. I'm only attracted to 20 somethings which I could probably have no problem getting but all the ones I like, even the edgy stripper bitch types that I go for seem to have babies on the brain, I'd rather kill myself than do the whole family thing. After obsessing about it for years. I just don't think it's worth it to date anyone. I don't wanna waste any more time doing things I don't wanna do just so she'll give it up. All the time and energy you invest in a relationship just doesn't make sense to me. It just slows me down. I've got so many interests and things that I never got a chance to do before and I don't wanna give them up. I can't imagine someone there every day in my house. I don't want to be responsible for entertaining someone else every day just for an orgasm. I'd rather live a life without compromise. I'm not selfish at all. I give way too much of my time and money to friends than I should. From the outside it looks like I'm the type of guy who has tons of girlfriends. But I don't. It's stressing me out bad cuz I feel I need to make a decision on what I'm gonna do with myself. I'm the all or nothing type. Do I wanna just say "fuck it" and just give in to my urges and hook up wit this super fine chick that I really want but then live to regret it? Or just say "fuck it" the other way and just totally eliminate the idea of sex, dating etc entirely. I'm thinking the latter. I'm thinking dating is overrated and I just need to forget about it altogether.

Kitty Spoon Train

Sort of. It's been almost two years since I've discovered what asexuality (and greyness/deminess) is, and more and more it feels like a relief not to have to put sex in a prominent position in life. It sort of feels like I was socially conditioned to put a certain artificial emphasis on it even though it was never particularly intuitively important to me, and now I'm coming out of that effect. Especially to center significant relationships around sexuality (or even "romance").

Ironically, this process is also causing me to deviate even more into kookiness in the relationships/sexuality department, since knowing myself and accepting myself means that I'm less cooperative than ever with the usual rules of engagement - since they are so strongly based on monogamous sexual/romantic partnerships. :lol:

The feeling now with me is basically something like - eh, what's the big deal about sex? And why does it have to be such an important (if not defining) aspect of a significant relationship? Why can't I just have close female friends to cuddle with sometimes instead?

....and yeah, that's where what looks like an incredibly simple solution is actually incredibly alternative and bizarro for most "normal" folks. :P

I am very much this way. I wonder if the reason we don't think that more of us are this way is because of the repulsion-element which is so very common to many peoples' asexual identity. I identify as asexual, not grey/demi, but not because I hate or dislike the idea of sex, merely because I have just as much interest in say, hats, as in sex.

Actually, I think interesting hats sound more interesting than sex. Cake is good too of course :D

Illaine Waterhouse

I've always been rather indifferent towards my own sexuality. It took me all of five seconds to accept that I could be gay, and when I fell in love with a friend and got it confirmed, well, I was just glad to know. For all of ten minutes, before I became indifferent towards it. It's a part of me, and I don't see the point in angsting over it or just flat out denying the truth. When I realized I am asuexual, it came more as an "Oh. So that's what it's called." kind of way, and while my initial reaction to finding out I am a demiromantic went along the lines of "Oh, this is just lovely." I now just don't care. I'm perfectly okay with it all, and that'sit.

Sort of. It's been almost two years since I've discovered what asexuality (and greyness/deminess) is, and more and more it feels like a relief not to have to put sex in a prominent position in life. It sort of feels like I was socially conditioned to put a certain artificial emphasis on it even though it was never particularly intuitively important to me,

I love this! I have also felt a strong sense of relief that I don't have to pretend to be obsessed about sex anymore, although I am officially out to only two people so I still do a fair amount of pretending, I'm working on it.

I identify as grey-sexual, meaning I'm on the sexual side of the grey/asexuality spectrum. I am not at all repulsed or opposed to sex but it is not something that naturally occurs to me and is sometimes boring. There are so many other things in life that I am intensely passionate about (horseback riding, music, being outdoors, etc). I often say that I am indifferent about sex, I can take it or leave it and I am perfectly fine either way.

It is amusing, though, as I have been trying to work out my grey-sexuality and what it means for me, I have spent more time thinking about sex in the last few months than I have in years. :rolleyes: <-- That's the closest I could find to an eye-roll emoticon.

So, what's the answer then? Feeling indifferent towards sex, does that makes you demi/grayA or A? or something else?

Janus the Fox

So, what's the answer then? Feeling indifferent towards sex, does that makes you demi/grayA or A? or something else?

Indifference means nothing as any orientation can be indifferent to sex and sexuality. The feeling of indifference does not mean the lack of sexual attraction.

I'm the same, nor negative, nor positive just indifferent for sex or sexuality. I'm fine with others and keep a positive sexual attitude to others. It don't matter to me either way if I have sex or not.

I'm still asexual as I don't experience sexual attraction, I have infrequent aesthetic attraction regardless of gender, but that's about it.

Archived