-want this deleted-

Kikiki

I've been there before, not the same exact circumstances of course, but still. When I was put in that situation I always thought of 'why I've stayed so long with this person in the first place' then I remember why I shouldn't break it off.

"But then, this downward spiral started as soon as he tried to push me into more physical things..."

This is PRECISELY why I have broken off every relationship I've ever head. You're not alone.

People drift apart, it happens. Him making you stay over when you don't want to because he's too tired to drive you home sounds... disrespectful, so does trying to push you into physical stuff you don't want to do. So, I can't really say I blame you. I would say end it if you aren't feeling it anymore, it's only fair to you and to him to not string him along thinking there is a future.

The more I think about it, the more that it's the choice I'm going to have to make. Now just how to bring it up. I don't like confrontation, but this one would be unavoidable. And since most of our 'talking' is through text....

Maybe it would just be easier to bury myself now and just hide. ;-;

I wish I could offer some relationship ending advice, but alas, it is NEVER easy. You just have to be up front and honest, as hard as that is. And if writing it out is easier than saying it, so be it.

Good luck.

Well, I really think if you can do it in person it would be best... maybe a "hey, can you come over so we can talk?" kinda thing. Or, meet up for coffee or something maybe. Getting dumped via text is never fun. Though, if that is the only way you can do it, then do.

I think recognising that a relationship has reached a moot point and is better off being over is pretty mature and, as such, it's wise to second this feeling. I do encourage you two to break up and, if you wish, stay as friends. If this detachment is mutual, then your partner shouldn't feel so bad about it. It's very likely that they will also favour the option, actually, and it might all go a lot smoother than you're imagining. :)

Good luck!

Archived