AVEN Crushes (Second edition)

Shivers

But I did just have a catfight in a horse trough...

I'm sorry, but if you steal my fortune and my husband, and strand me on a desert island till the first week of sweeps month, I'm gonna be just a bit pissy when I get home.

Like, I'm totally, like, in the dark about where this, like, awesome info is kept.

Must one beg at the door of the Aven Warrior Queen? Or can such weird facts be had by a member of the humble huddled masses for a click of a rodent?

Thanks Peter! Great to see you coming round!

Waaay cool - I have a crush! I mean someone has a crush. I mean, that if I had a crush it would be a crush - shit - I'll get back to you later.

PeterMacKenzie
Thanks Peter! Great to see you coming round!

Coming round?

You mean being undepressed? Nah, I was just saying that.

<Gets ready to cycle for an hour in the rain to get to a crappy seminar thingy>

Ugh... I hate Thursdays.

Just out of curiosity: Cate, what would you do if Person X asked you to add Person Y's name to the list, and then Person Y sent you Person X's name for the list?

Would you be tempted to forego all this secrecy? :)

... ... why, WHY am I there? :oops:

But I did just have a catfight in a horse trough...

Wow. I just read that as "But I did just have a catfight in a horse though..."

And the mental image was just hilarious (-:þ

Cate Perfect
Just out of curiosity: Cate, what would you do if Person X asked you to add Person Y's name to the list, and then Person Y sent you Person X's name for the list?

Would you be tempted to forego all this secrecy? :)

Huh. I hadn't thought of that. I don't know. My natural inclination would be to just think to myself, 'How cool that these two people both like each other,' but it wouldn't occur to me to tell the parties involved.

Though, now that I think about it...if I liked someone and a third party knew that person liked me back I think I'd want to know.

Would you all want to know if you post a crush and your crushee posts your name?

My other problem would be that not everyone has the same definition of 'crush'. Some people define it as just wanting to know more about the crushee and some define it in more romantic terms so there would be the issue of opposing definitions. How heart-breaking would it be if you were all crushed out on someone romantically and they just wanted to be best buddies? It's just some thing to consider.

Cate

Ideally, I'd want to know.... practically, I'd suggest not though, for the reasons Cate mentioned.

PeterMacKenzie

I'd want to know, and probably the suckiness of them likely living on the of the other side of the planet would outweigh any differences in 'type of crush'.

Nero laughed
....Nero likes to shoot htings though...

~Cashew

Hey, no fair.!! I only shoot or axe things that deserve it!! I hate my character being blackened just cuz i carry a big battle axe with blood on it!!(':)') No one understands the burden i carry having to slay evil things while protecting the good ones. I'm really a normal person, but i dont expect anyone to understand while i'm wearing my horned helmet. It does look quite intimidating, but its only bad news if your evil and trample the weak. (':twisted:')

Why are you people so surprised to have people like you- your all so cool...

Cate Perfect

*makes notes about who does and doesn't want to know*

Cate

The Evil Cashew

LOl sorry Nero. I know its a big burden carrying that axe around. Its heavy ain't it? I didn't mean to imply that you shoot EVERYTHING. But you still shoot things... :wink:

~Cashew

The Evil Cashew

I think i would want to know too... if i posted a crush lol

~Cashew

(and winter your swell too!)

I misunderstood and thought my name was up there because I mentioned I had a few crushes in the other thread - but Cate set my poor confused mind straight. :oops:

now, do I want to know or not? Only if the person WANTS me to know. :D

I wish I had a stronger crush - I'm just so distracted and self-absorbed right now... I can see potentials all over *Winter, you are so right!* but I just don't have the time to dwell on it.

*sigh*

hawke

I'd want to know, and probably the suckiness of them likely living on the of the other side of the planet would outweigh any differences in 'type of crush'.

At least in your case it's just likely, but not certain.

And in the broad definition of crush, maybe I'd have to submit some. But I'd obviously forget about someone, so I won't.

I think I'd want to know.....I think.

The Evil Cashew

The only thing though.. ( iw as thinking about this) is that if you enver get ar esponse.. would you feel sad that that person doesn't liek you back?

dunno if that makes sense... i dunno

~Cashew

PeterMacKenzie

<Thinks of how that would impact him in the grand scheme of the severe crappiness of his life>

<Doubts he'd really notice>

The only thing though.. ( iw as thinking about this) is that if you enver get ar esponse.. would you feel sad that that person doesn't liek you back?

It would depend on the nature of the crush. If it were a big romantic crush, I guess it would.

I'd love to know, but I'll probably never submit a list (not my style :)).

Argh! This was bothering me all night - I have absolutely no idea who it is and I hate suspense. I'm tempted to PM everyone... :twisted:

<waves arms frantically in the air, hoping it somehow helps>

I WILL GLADLY ACCEPT A PRIVATE MESSAGE FROM YOU!!!

Oh, and...

My other problem would be that not everyone has the same definition of 'crush'. Some people define it as just wanting to know more about the crushee and some define it in more romantic terms so there would be the issue of opposing definitions. How heart-breaking would it be if you were all crushed out on someone romantically and they just wanted to be best buddies? It's just some thing to consider.

Since I'm only close-ish (in area) to about 4 other AVENites, I'm not sure what anyone else would get other than bestest of best buddies... <sighs> why can't we just start our own little Aventown in the middle of nowhere so we can have a real forum :)

cashew, that's one of the reasons why I would keep my crushes a secret... ;) Another is just the mystery is fun.

Mystery is the spice of life!

hawke

The Evil Cashew

WEll i said i woudl wan tot know.. but then i was thinking ( you know.. instead of paying attention in class) and i was thinking.. well if i submitted a crush.. and i said i wanted to know if my crush liked me... but if months went by... i woul dhave to assume that they didn;t post a list so they either dun like me or are too chiken to post a list. lol

so DAMN

but i would like to know who has crushes on me... come on guys! you can pm the person! lol

sigh...

oh well

mysteries are fun i guess...

~Cashew

str8fuknpimpin
WEll i said i woudl wan tot know.. but then i was thinking ( you know.. instead of paying attention in class) and i was thinking.. well if i submitted a crush.. and i said i wanted to know if my crush liked me... but if months went by... i woul dhave to assume that they didn;t post a list so they either dun like me or are too chiken to post a list. lol

so DAMN

but i would like to know who has crushes on me... come on guys! you can pm the person! lol

sigh...

oh well

mysteries are fun i guess...

~Cashew

EC, yo,...the place where your nut curves around so nicely...oh, good lord! :| :shock: ...

i can't get it out of my head man...the small of your nut... :roll:

Archived