ithaca

Have you ever considered running for Mod/PT/DT? **The Encouragement Thread**

ithaca

Hmm, I think I'm going to make my own list of Members I feel should run for future elections.

-DeltaX

-Hobbes!

-DiamondAce

-Tja

-Kelico

-Reiko/ Honey-Senpai/ SkyWorld

Maybe a bias towards Musings and Rantings posters? Maybe :P I have no idea why I have such a bias there :rolleyes:

Oh wow, really!? :o :D I was thinking that I could probably run for future elections, though I was afraid I might be a bit immature. :lol: Also DiamondAce is right, I haven't been here for 6 months just yet, though I believe I could start running on the 11th of May since it would be exactly 6 months from when I joined AVEN.
As long as your account is 6 months from the date that the election ENDS, you are eligible :)

I think Lia meant that the account needs to be 6 months old BY the date the election ends? So if an election ENDED on the 11th of May, SkyWorld would be eligible. Is this what you meant, Lia?

EDIT: Thanks for your consideration and encouragement for me running, Lia :)

.Lia

Yes, ith. x_x

kelico

Hmm, I think I'm going to make my own list of Members I feel should run for future elections.

-DeltaX

-Hobbes!

-DiamondAce

-Tja

-Kelico

-Reiko/ Honey-Senpai/ SkyWorld

Maybe a bias towards Musings and Rantings posters? Maybe :P I have no idea why I have such a bias there :rolleyes:

Wow, Steph! Thanks for the vote of confidence and recommending me! : )) Haha. ♥ I've considered it a lot, but I'm not sure if I'd have the proper time in my schedule to allow for it. But perhaps one day. ^_^ I also second your other suggestions, too!! :cake:

• Like 6

Sage Raven Domino

There are so many people to choose from (some of them were thrown into the ring by me because, during the Oldies interregnum, I was concerned by the lack of willing candidates who'd be able to beat NotA)... how about holding primaries? :D

.Lia

There are so many people to choose from... how about holding primaries? :D

We can barely get 2 people to run in one election, sadly. I'm not sure what good primary elections would do :(

Sage Raven Domino

I guess that so few candidates pop up in actual elections because there's usually a clear favourite or two and some people don't want to waste time on the Q&A phase* when they're sure they're underdogs. In the last one, I thought that +Pookzar would have been a favourite if not for his withdrawal.

[* I think it's OK to do without Q&A in primaries, as they're more lightweight.]

Edit: I believe that 'having no time' is an excuse that masks the lack of confidence... kelico, SkyWorld and OptimisticPessimist make 15-20 (if not more) posts per day (outside of Arcade!), so they definitely have enough spare time to spend on AVEN, they only need to stop slacking (in JFF/Arcade) and start doing the real forum job :D

ithaca

Edit: I believe that 'having no time' is an excuse that masks the lack of confidence... kelico, SkyWorld and OptimisticPessimist make 15-20 (if not more) posts per day (outside of Arcade!), so they definitely have enough spare time to spend on AVEN, they only need to stop slacking (in JFF/Arcade) and start doing the real forum job :D

I would advise against dedicating ALL the free time to modding. It makes AVEN less enjoyable. If you can do your free-time for-pleasure posting and still have about one hour or so free, then yes. But replacing free time with modding is not something I would advise ;)

• Like 7

ThaHoward

Posted in wrong thread.

Edited by ThaHoward

Ricecream-man

I know you may have meant that in a lighthearted way but it's pretty rude to call someone out like that. Not sure why you know their post count, but the whole point of JFF/Arcade is so that people can come on AVEN and use it as a way to relax. To try and take that away from them and push them into a position in which AVEN becomes a responsibility that adds on to whatever they have going on in life is a messed up thing to do. It's one thing to throw out a name and suggest them. It's another to put the spotlight on them and try to force them into doing something they don't want to.

• Like 3

Sage Raven Domino

I know you may have meant that in a lighthearted way

I was joking indeed, and everyone has the freedom to post in any open area they want and as much as they want. I'm sorry if anyone has taken it as an offence. I know that I'm misunderstood on AVEN, and that it would be a stretch to blame all of that on my Asperger's... but that's what my personality is.

Ricecream-man

I know you may have meant that in a lighthearted way

I was joking indeed, and everyone has the freedom to post in any open area they want and as much as they want. I'm sorry if anyone has taken it as an offence. I know that I'm misunderstood on AVEN, and that it would be a stretch to blame all of that on my Asperger's... but that's what my personality is.

I've come to understand that. The thing that I do appreciate about you is that you acknowledge that and don't get angry when it's pointed out. The important thing that I think that you do and hope you continue to do is learn from the misunderstandings. One of my close friends and some of my peripheral friends have Asperger's to varying degrees and I understand it makes things difficult, but they're learning and adjusting. I have confidence that you'll be able to do that too.

• Like 3

SkyWorld

I don't get offended easily at all and I suspect it was a joke. Of course, not everyone is like myself. When I read that I actually laughed. :lol:

• Like 2

Cimmerian

I'd also be interested in seeing Pookzar and Ith come back as mods if they ever wish to.

I still remember the first day Ith was Green, or maybe it was Red. :lol:

• Like 4

She was so naive and innocent back then accidentally kicking me from chat... twice <_<

ithaca

I'd also be interested in seeing Pookzar and Ith come back as mods if they ever wish to.

Thanks, Dual :) I had to step down when work was too busy to give enough time to both adminning and doing archives.

She was so naive and innocent back then accidentally kicking me from chat... twice <_<

That was... Well, fun now that I think about it, but I actually felt terrible back then XD

• Like 1

That was... Well, fun now that I think about it, but I actually felt terrible back then XD

The funnier part was when you started kicking members while trying to PM them :lol:

ithaca

The funnier part was when you started kicking members while trying to PM them :lol:

I think that only happened once?

WünderBâhr

I've been particularly impressed with many of the frequent posters in Q&A, often offering support and dropping knowledge bombs all over the place. It certainly makes my day seeing that. :)

• Like 4

divided_sky

I'm in based on DiamondAce's support in a different thread. I want a forum where things can be a bit more relaxed and easy going and I only need to act when I truly feel it is necessary.

• Like 1

Steph Ace

I want a forum where things can be a bit more relaxed and easy going and I only need to act when I truly feel it is necessary.

My motto ^_^ I think that can be achieved with any forum.

It would be your style of moderating.

• Like 1

divided_sky

I want a forum where things can be a bit more relaxed and easy going and I only need to act when I truly feel it is necessary.

My motto ^_^ I think that can be achieved with any forum.

It would be your style of moderating.

For sure. What do you do though if you get a lot of people sending PMs complaining about a certain post or a thread? Unless I find it to be egregious, my response is just going to be "deal with it" and put the person on ignore if you don't like their posts. I'm not deleting/editing posts because some of you dislike the content.

• Like 1

.Lia

O___O No no no. As an Admod, you cannot put anyone on ignore, unless they're flooding your inbox with personal insults or something similar, and even then you do it until the Admins can help take care of it.

Moderators very rarely edit or remove posts. And the scenario you described has never happened, to my knowledge. Most members will report the post and let us take care of it.

• Like 5

divided_sky

I didn't say that I would put anyone on ignore, but that the members who have frequent complaints about a poster should do that. I welcome everyone and their own unique brand of crazy :)

• Like 1

Sage Raven Domino

Before this thread gets temp-locked tonight, I'd like to mention that I think Skullery Maid should run in the SPFA + Census election in 3 weeks. She's one of the two very well-respected and helpful contributors (along with Lady Girl, obviously) without whom I can't imagine SPFA.

• Like 8

deltaX

Before this thread gets temp-locked tonight, I'd like to mention that I think Skullery Maid should run in the SPFA + Census election in 3 weeks. She's one of the two very well-respected and helpful contributors (along with Lady Girl, obviously) without whom I can't imagine SPFA.

I would definitely second Skullery Maid if she is interested!! :)

Captain Darkhorse

100% thirded :)

• Like 1

Sally

100% thirded :)

Fourthed.

• Like 4

5_♦♣

3 weeks? Nominations open in roughly 11-12 hours from now. The Q & A period starts next Wednesday and voting week starts a week from Sunday.

Sage Raven Domino

The SPFA election is in the second pair that starts not earlier than in 3 weeks:

Hello everyone,

This is a special announcement to let you know that the Admod Team will be growing in numbers. After the election of Lady Girl as Administrator, some shuffling of forums between mods, and discussions of adding co-Moderators, this is what is going to happen in the next future:

- Tomorrow (29 April), two Moderator elections will be started, specifically one for World Watch and one for co-Mod of Asexual Musings and Rantings.

- After that election is complete, two more Moderator elections will be started, specifically one for co-Mod of Just For Fun/Arcade, and one for Census and Sexual Partners, Friends and Allies forums (the last two together are for one position).

It's an exciting time to join the Admod Team as it grows in numbers and creativity!

Kelly

As far as I understand, Skulls can run in one of the elections of the former pair too (and then in one of the latter pair if she loses in the former), but I think the forum where she's most needed as a mod is SPFA (+ Census).

I mean, not all of us understand well how a mixed-orientation relationship works; whereas there are plenty of other potential candidates who can handle WW or Musi well.

Skullery Maid

Awww shucks you guys!! :wub:

I talked with the ladyfriend tonight about it and she's on the fence, but has given a tentative ok, so yeah, I'd be up for it. :)

Man, ya'll are the best. AVEN's the best!

• Like 8