ithaca

Have you ever considered running for Mod/PT/DT? **The Encouragement Thread**

`Silver

If you want to chat about this, feel free to PM me. AVEN Italy (where I'm also Admin) used to have so much spam I couldn't do anything else with my time, and with a couple little tricks we removed all non-human spammers.

^ I can offer PHPBB-specific advice too. Which may be applicable even on other platforms :) I played with the Italian ACP quite some.

.Lia

Locking for the election.

Lia
Administrator

Axestopper Pete

Locking for the election.

Lia

Administrator

Alpacaterpillar=1 Lock=0 :twisted:

*enters serious mode*

I assume that, as there are no elections on (that I'm aware of), this thread has been unlocked and admods forgot to post here about it?

Braydin

Does this thread get locked for the entire election or after the nomination phase?

Notte stellata

Does this thread get locked for the entire election or after the nomination phase?

I think it's locked for the entire election period (from nomination to the end of voting).

Braydin

So people who want to encourage people during the nomination phase use the election thread or make their own threads?

Notte stellata

The election thread is only for self-nomination. I'm not sure what will happen if you make your own thread to encourage people. But you can always encourage people in private during the nomination phase.

Mycroft is Yourcroft

I believe Greyelven would be a wonderful Mod, along with Mysticus! :D Not sure if Mysticus would interested though, based on the little I know of them...

• Like 3

Xavy

Humm.....I haven't thought about who would make a good mod, but I think I will now start looking more closely on the forum and perhaps I can spot some mod talent.

Pumpkin Spice Eggnog Latte

The election thread is only for self-nomination. I'm not sure what will happen if you make your own thread to encourage people. But you can always encourage people in private during the nomination phase.

Please don't make your own thread when this thread is locked. It's better to encourage people privately during an election.

• Like 1

Kagon

I believe Greyelven would be a wonderful Mod, along with Mysticus! :D Not sure if Mysticus would interested though, based on the little I know of them...

Thanks! We'll see if my life ever goes back to a "normal" state in terms of time I have available. Right now, I just have more things that need attention than I have hours in a day as is. <_<

I'll agree that I think Mysticus could make for a good mod, if interested.

.Lia

Locking for the duration of the new Moderator election

Lia

Administrator

.Lia

Unlocking :)

I'll agree that I think Mysticus could make for a good mod, if interested.

Only saw this a week or so ago, while the thread was locked. Thank you for putting such trust in me, but I'm really not eager to take mod-ly responsibility again (I used to be on the staff on another forum for a few months some years ago). :) :cake:

Guest Scarlet Spider

DexM for mod. Either that or Mystic Insanus.

I also think ThaHoward would make a nice mod here as well.

Augustus

LaMaestra should run for Asexual Musings and Rantings! :)

• Like 5

Oh yea, forgot to lock this.

Will reopen after elections are over

Unlocking

Sage Raven Domino

Tbh, I read Oldies and WW too seldom, so I didn't bother to send encouraging PMs to anyone during the nomination phase of the failed election (my bad, probably).

As daveb already declined some time ago (would be an equally great candidate), I'm asking Tja to run for Oldies/WW because he's an awesome positive person who's wise, well-known and respected here.

• Like 6

.Lia

I think Tja would do an awesome job <3

• Like 6

deltaX

I would also second tja for mod if he were interested! :)

• Like 5

Tja

Thank you for the vote of confidence, but not at this time. :)

• Like 4

Sage Raven Domino

:( Don't forget to tell us when you're ready! ;)

My new nominee is catsaregood, who's very welcoming and well-known in the Oldies (30s, 40s and, to some extent, 50s threads; and, moreover, replies in the World Watch once in a while).

As you might have guessed, I'm thinking about popular members with a lot of life experience as primary potential candidates.

• Like 7

catsaregood would be a great moderator ^_____^

Feral Sophisticate would be a good mod too (just in general)

• Like 2

catsaregood

Aw. thanks so much folks, that's so nice of you! I'm afraid I'm a mod on fb, and I don't really feel I can take on another mod-ship at the moment, and do both of them plus my two irl jobs justice! :D I'm very flattered though, and I'm not ruling it out for the future... :)

• Like 8

Sage Raven Domino

:( We're looking forward to you getting more free time for us, you're welcome!

Oh well, it looks as though people in the middle age group are too busy in general, which means that it's worthy to focus the search effort on retirees instead.

With that in mind, my third nominee is the legendary Sally :cake:, the veteran of the 60s+ thread.

As you might remember, she couldn't recover her old account at first when the AVEN forums were restored last August, but the 6-month AVENversary of her new account (aka sally2) is on the 24th of February, and it has already made over 900 posts in the newest history of AVEN outside of Welcome Lounge, JFF and Arcade. It means that she'll satisfy even the most rigorous criteria and be able to run in the next Oldies/WW election cycle, even if it starts next Wednesday.

I'm not sure about the way of informing her, though, as she claims to 'not do PMs'. Is it still most appropriate to send a PM, or is it OK to post a temporary notice (to be deleted upon being read, if necessary) in some thread that she's known to read, like the said 60s+ thread? :unsure:

• Like 3

WünderBâhr

Hobbes!, DexM, ricecream-man, Serran and multiple others come to mind as members I think would be great candidates. :)

• Like 8

marki

I want to run but you don't allow me to.

Feral Sophisticate would be a good mod too (just in general)

I strongly second that. :)

deltaX

I'm agreeing with a lot of the suggestions that have been given recently. Hopefully if any of them are interested in modding, this thread will encourage them to go for it :)

• Like 1