ithaca

Have you ever considered running for Mod/PT/DT? **The Encouragement Thread**

Axestopper Pete

Cakey should run for webmaster :D

Janus DarkFox

I think I did pretty well for my first time. >.<

Hopefully I will have more support the next time,

that is, if people actually want to see me run again.

Just imagine how many more votes you would have had if you had started with the cat avatar.

Personally, I would have just assassinated Pook and cut out the competition. Don't you guys live in the same city? That's like a freebie.

Lol, you can have my Farsight sniper rifle with expended scope. No need to be in different cities, just track Pooks heat signature and therre you go. It shoots through all materials as well :P

Had to get a Perfect Dark reference in there... ;)

ThaHoward

Cakey should run for webmaster :D

Yes me too :lol:

ithaca

*Locking while PT elections take place*

Kagon

*pokes*

It looks like this thread is unlocked - for the first time in months? Congrats to the many, many new team members we've had since October! Now, I shall have to think on some additional people to encourage...

Anyway, since I really like the idea of this thread I wanted it to see some activity again so it wasn't forgotten.....considering the number of back-to-back elections we've had its starting to get a bit dusty.

Axestopper Pete

You'll need a new project team member to halt the alpacaterpocalypse :P :twisted:

DexM

I fear the smooth running of AVEN would become ever so creaky if I really did go for it.

I would be like the geography teacher who was always off. The headmistress would come in to the class room and inform everyone:

"CLASS! Mr. DexM is off today. Again. Mrs. Tanwen will be your substitute teacher." I wouldn't turn up for work. Last weeks homework wouldn't have been marked and the rest of the faculty would have to come and clear up my mess and make sure no bad behaviour has been missed.

Even I did try to run, I am pretty sure that ithaca, Kelly and everyone else, are now quickly trying to work out ways to rig votes or shield my eyes from any up coming elections :lol:

Pumpkin Spice Eggnog Latte

I think GreyeIvanRanger should consider running for mod if and when a new position opens up.

Kagon

Thanks! :) As of right now, the two things that have to line up for me to run are 1) a forum I'd be interested in modding and 2) the *time* on my part to do a decent job at it. We've had a couple forum elections that I would have been interested in, but I've had so much up in the air this year timewise (particularly with work\health fun) that I haven't felt confident that it would be something I could commit to. We'll see what happens when\if some of that backs off a little.

`Silver

^ Agreed with Tea :)

But first and foremost, I hope that your health issues sort out!

• Like 1

Captain Darkhorse

I second Tea and Silver. Once you have less going on in your life, you should run!

Sally

All of those who raised their hands/whose hands were raised above. And many more.

Janus DarkFox
I would raise my hadns if they weren't handcuffed to the shackles of well... Life and rules. :p
  • Like 1

`Silver

I forgot to say, I think Serran would also make a great mod! Especially for the asexuality-related subforums :)

AshenPhoenix

I forgot to say, I think Serran would also make a great mod! Especially for the asexuality-related subforums :)

I second this, whenever they are in chat Serran can always be seen in action active and helpful as well, if this plus their board activity I've seen is any indication I think they'd make a great mod! :)

Kagon

I second this, whenever they are in chat Serran can always be seen in action active and helpful as well, if this plus their board activity I've seen is any indication I think they'd make a great mod! :)

I agree also. I've mentioned Serran before on this thread, but there's not harm in mentioning it again as backup to the other voices that are joining in!

• Like 1

DexM

I would raise my hadns if they weren't handcuffed to the shackles of well... Life and rules. :P

As long as you keep going for it Tails, then I will carry on voting for you :)

ThaHoward

I would raise my hadns if they weren't handcuffed to the shackles of well... Life and rules. :P

Think he says that he's election banned :/

I'm tempted to say Serran, eventough I know she got enough duties and use AVEN as a safehaven.

DexM

Think he says that he's election banned :/

I'm tempted to say Serran, eventough I know she got enough duties and use AVEN as a safehaven.

Ooops. Kinda miss read that one :redface:

I'm also throwing Captain Darkhorse's name in here.

• Like 1

Kagon

I'll second this one!

Captain Darkhorse

I'll second this one!

:D

I'd like to, but unless something changes drastically within the next two years, I've got no time. I'm going to school full-time and working almost full-time too. During the summer I work two (sometimes three) jobs. I'm content to be a bystander right now.

I'm going to toss Vampyremage's name in here though.

ithaca

I certainly miss Mage on the team <3

I certainly miss Mage on the team <3

I do too :(

cavyX

I think ThaHoward would make a good mod, he's certainly been around long enough.

Serran

I agree also. I've mentioned Serran before on this thread, but there's not harm in mentioning it again as backup to the other voices that are joining in!

Haha thank you all - I haven't looked here in a while :o

Yes, as Howard says I do have a lot of duties elsewhere, so I won't be running for mod any time soon. Perhaps if one of the other places dies down, but for now, I enjoy the fact I come here and not be expected to DO anything and just be me, instead of representing the site as a whole (as opposed to other sites where I am an admin or mod). I appreciate all the work the mods do though, it's often a very thankless job and I know exactly how much work goes in behind the scenes to run a place that is active so :cake: to you all!

And Greyelven would be a good mod, from what I have seen of their posts. :D

• Like 1

ThaHoward

Then it's simple, I need to find one of your forums and shut it down permamently :p

• Like 1

Serran

Then it's simple, I need to find one of your forums and shut it down permamently :P

Haha spam bots have already been trying with one of them. :(

ithaca

Then it's simple, I need to find one of your forums and shut it down permamently :P

Haha spam bots have already been trying with one of them. :(

If you want to chat about this, feel free to PM me. AVEN Italy (where I'm also Admin) used to have so much spam I couldn't do anything else with my time, and with a couple little tricks we removed all non-human spammers.