ithaca

Have you ever considered running for Mod/PT/DT? **The Encouragement Thread**

5_♦♣

Um, this thread is to encourage others, not to state why you would make a good mod.

Um, this thread is to encourage others, not to state why you would make a good mod.

Another possible use for this thread is for people to post that they might be interested in running and then to see if others agree. Although it really wouldn't work because of the 'no discouraging' rule.

Janus DarkFox

Misleading title possibly... both should be encouraged, there are too few candidates perhaps to discern between the two... :unsure:

Notte stellata

Maybe some people just read the thread title and assumed it's asking whether you've considered running for mod yourself. I think self-nomination is also okay though.

Plus

I sort have got confused, wasn't saying I would run, just saying I thought I would be good, and "Have you ever considered running for mod" as a title, I think I did it right.

Arctic Fox

I sort have got confused, wasn't saying I would run, just saying I thought I would be good, and "Have you ever considered running for mod" as a title, I think I did it right.

Don't worry about it. There's certainly no harm in putting your name forward. You'll need to hang around the forums a bit more and reach 100 posts (not including in WL and JFF) before you run, though.

Thanks to +Pook and Tea for saying I'd make a good candidate; I'd be very happy to let someone who has more experience do the job though (+Pook, Silver). Also, I think Nyu would be a great mod in a whole bunch of forums (WL, T&S, Gender, A/Ro, &c.). Actually, I think she'd do a pretty good job in any forum! :D

EDIT: That's not to say the mods of those forums are doing a bad job though. Cake to them! :cake: :cake:

• Like 1

Guest member25959

Nope, never... not at all

• Like 2

Notte stellata

I think Aqua-ace would make a good mod or PT member. Lydian would be a good mod especially for Asexual Relationships and SPFA forums.

• Like 1

Philip027

Yeah, no, I haven't. Maybe I would have if it wasn't for all the drama that I hear goes on around here.

Lady Girl

I think Aqua-ace would make a good mod or PT member. Lydian would be a good mod especially for Asexual Relationships and SPFA forums.

I agree, but I also hope I am doing a good job in SPFA and I sure like WTF in Rels! There are so many members I think would do a good job...it would be hard to name you all. I think there really are some very thoughtful posters and just really awesome people in this community...including you starry!

:wub: to all the great AVENites!!!

• Like 1

Notte stellata

I agree, but I also hope I am doing a good job in SPFA and I sure like WTF in Rels! There are so many members I think would do a good job...it would be hard to name you all. I think there really are some very thoughtful posters and just really awesome people in this community...including you starry!

:wub: to all the great AVENites!!!

Haha yeah, I sure appreciate you and WTF's work as mods! Not saying you two should be replaced. :P And thanks for your compliment. :)

Also thanks to Silver for encouraging me earlier in this thread. Hope to see you running for mod again soon. :)

AshenPhoenix

I think SilverKitsune is certainly qualified and would make an amazing mod.

pickles mcgee

I think daveb would be an amazing mod--kind, fair, level-headed, articulate, and tech savvy!

P.S. The current mods do such a wonderful job. Thanks to every one of you!

• Like 2

ithaca

How could I forget ms. trish and Lucinda? One day I hope we'll work together :)

• Like 1

pickles mcgee

How could I forget ms. trish and Lucinda? One day I hope we'll work together :)

Aww...so sweet. I love the encouragement thread.

daveb

I think daveb would be an amazing mod--kind, fair, level-headed, articulate, and tech savvy!

P.S. The current mods do such a wonderful job. Thanks to every one of you!

Ack, no! to your first line. I'm also lazy, and leery of work and drama! :P

Modding seems like it involves too much glamor, fame and fortune for my simple tastes!

I do agree with your second line/p.s.

• Like 1

ithaca

We're going to lock this for the time being, but thanks to you all for making this thread awesome :cake:

It will be re-opened after this round of elections is done :)

If anyone wants to officially run for Moderator, please put your name here (if you haven't yet): http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90699-new-moderator-needed-pp-s-and-announcements/

ithaca, Admin

Kisa needs a latte

Congratulations to SilverKitsune

*unlocks thread*

Higgsby the Teacup, Administrator

• Like 2

Kagon

I guess I'll chime in with the recent election done. I extend many congrats to SilverKitsune and think they will be an amazing mod. This race was a tough call for me on who to vote for though, as I think Pookzar would also be a great mod - and hope to see them run again sometime.

There are many others here who I think would do wonderfully as mods. I've worked 40 hours in the last 3 days so I probably won't catch as many now as I'd like, but Starrynight, Serran, AshenPheonix, and Arctic Fox come to mind immediately. I haven't interacted as much with Ashen directly - but they character they showed in the way they handled the election attempt before this election really impressed me.

I'll think on this more after I recover from moving my company's data center. I'm sure there are folks I'm missing - there are some great people here.

P.S - I'd also like to send out a thanks to all the current mods and admins, for all the great work you currently do!

• Like 3

AshenPhoenix

I haven't interacted as much with Ashen directly - but they character they showed in the way they handled the election attempt before this election really impressed me.

Thank you Grey :) I'll try to keep it in mind if/when a position opens up again.

• Like 1

`Silver

First of all, thanks to everyone for the encouragement :) You are a big part of why I did run again in the election, just so you know.

AshenPhoenix, I'm sorry we didn't get to run together again, but I hope you'll consider it for the future moderator positions opening up. I do think you, too, would make a good moderator.

• Like 1

ithaca

AshenPhoenix, I'm sorry we didn't get to run together again, but I hope you'll consider it for the future moderator positions opening up. I do think you, too, would make a good moderator.

Just imagine Ashen vs Pookzar :ph34r: Would it be as close as you vs Pookzar was?

`Silver

Just imagine Ashen vs Pookzar :ph34r: Would it be as close as you vs Pookzar was?

I'm not sure if I want them to go down that road. Sometimes it's best for one's nerves to just know from the start whether it's more likely to win or to lose in an election. I believe Pook and I know something about that. :P

However, it would definitely be an interesting election! And I don't dare imagine what would happen if other good people (ex. those mentioned in this thread that haven't run yet) also joined... :ph34r:

The Scrabbler

I know her priorities are elsewhere, but I still think Aspiecat would make a fabulous mod.

`Silver

Elections are happening, peeps :)

I would like to confirm my support for the potential candidates I have already mentioned. Everyone else, feel free to encourage people to run, if you think they would make good mods!

ithaca

The encouragement thread will be locked for the time of elections. See you in a couple of weeks :)

ithaca, Admin

ithaca

*unlocks*

• Like 1

mayve

I think I did pretty well for my first time. >.<

Hopefully I will have more support the next time,

that is, if people actually want to see me run again.

• Like 1

Zerο

I think I did pretty well for my first time. >.<

Hopefully I will have more support the next time,

that is, if people actually want to see me run again.

Just imagine how many more votes you would have had if you had started with the cat avatar.

Personally, I would have just assassinated Pook and cut out the competition. Don't you guys live in the same city? That's like a freebie.

• Like 2