ithaca

Have you ever considered running for Mod/PT/DT? **The Encouragement Thread**

Skycaptain

I second the above, but let's be fair. People have to want to do the job, and have the time to devote to it. You need, realistically to be able to spend an hour a day on a forum and admods, and be prepared to alienate friends when they break ToS. 

With the right mindset its interesting, you can learn things which help in your paid employment or learning, I certainly have, and there is that feeling that you are contributing positively to AVEN, 

• Like 4

Pumpkin Spice Eggnog Latte
18 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

I second the above, but let's be fair. People have to want to do the job, and have the time to devote to it. You need, realistically to be able to spend an hour a day on a forum and admods, and be prepared to alienate friends when they break ToS. 

With the right mindset its interesting, you can learn things which help in your paid employment or learning, I certainly have, and there is that feeling that you are contributing positively to AVEN, 

That's true.  I'm not anti-being-back-on-staff but I just don't want to be an admod right now :P  Certain staff positions are a lot more appealing if I wanted to run.

• Like 2

Skycaptain

Site comments this last week would tax anyone's patience. 

I say 

"I'm bigger and bolder, and rougher and tougher, in other words, sucker  there is no other" 

Quote from song lyrics by Human Resource

• Like 2

Member4445
1 hour ago, Skycaptain said:

Site comments this last week would tax anyone's patience. 

I say 

"I'm bigger and bolder, and rougher and tougher, in other words, sucker  there is no other" 

Quote from song lyrics by Human Resource

A know someone who likes to suck too :lol: 

• Like 1

deltaX

Kisa, when I was in the backroom, I saw you do a lot of great work for AVEN.  If you don't want to be backon the team again that's your call, but I think any staff position would be lucky to have you :cake: 

• Like 5

Una Salus Victus
On 01/12/2017 at 4:40 AM, deltaX said:

Kisa, when I was in the backroom, I saw you do a lot of great work for AVEN.  If you don't want to be backon the team again that's your call, but I think any staff position would be lucky to have you :cake: 

Given what I saw of them just before I left in July, I'm going to have to second guess that.

10 hours ago, Una Salus Victus said:

Given what I saw of them just before I left in July, I'm going to have to second guess that.

I know what happened back there but i believe in second chances.I’m not going to second guess someone who decides to get back up on their feet after they learned from their mistakes.

Yeah, I know. Unpopular opinion XD 

.Lia

Locking this due to ongoing elections.

Lia

Mod

Pumpkin Spice Eggnog Latte

Unlocking this thread because the election is over.

Kisa the Kit Kat, Moderator

Snao Cone
  • Like 3

Elnae
On 22/01/2018 at 12:14 AM, Snao Cone said:

Blimey! :blink: Thanks Snao! :blush: I've genuinely thought about it in the past but I'm only really comfortable in certain areas of the site and not a fan of the whole politics and mod-bashing that I see going on. I think the reds, greens, pinks & oranges all do a fantastic job though and you all deserve medals!!! :wub:

P.S. The horror! I forgot BLUE! :blink: Sorry Cole, medal for you too. :D

Edited by Elnae
Old age.
  • Like 7

I plan to run to protest the flaws of the moderation system and get 99% no confidence vote, good luck me.

NerotheReaper

If anyone has the slightest interest in running, give it a go! You never know what might happen! :D 

Janus DarkFox

More the merrier in need of a few more always.

Sage Raven Domino

Hey @Gldlynch I just met you, and this is crazy, but you're so encouraging, so run for mod maybe?

(If you do this now, it will be easier to win the election for Musings, which is a difficult forum, but I think you'll cope; there's one for JFF/Arcade too, but you'd need to defeat sea-lemon there.)

(I'm not a regular poster anymore, so it shouldn't be my business, but I'm still emotionally invested into AVEN, as plenty of nice people have been giving me insights that I wouldn't have discovered otherwise.)

• Like 1

Gldlynch
17 hours ago, EMPrise said:

Hey @Gldlynch I just met you, and this is crazy, but you're so encouraging, so run for mod maybe?

(If you do this now, it will be easier to win the election for Musings, which is a difficult forum, but I think you'll cope; there's one for JFF/Arcade too, but you'd need to defeat sea-lemon there.)

(I'm not a regular poster anymore, so it shouldn't be my business, but I'm still emotionally invested into AVEN, as plenty of nice people have been giving me insights that I wouldn't have discovered otherwise.)

Haha, this comment is very sweet and flattering but I don’t think I’m quite ready to be a mod yet. I haven’t even hit 300 posts so there is a lot I can still improve on. Maybe in the near future I will apply :)

Thanks for thinking of me though!

• Like 1

.Lia

Opening as Elections are currently over.

• Like 1

Skycaptain

Struggling to wait :P:P

• Like 1

Janus DarkFox

Any more for Declass? we would like to make a full team soon :):cake:

• Like 2

.Lia

Locking due to new elections:

.Lia

Unlocking (sorry for delay x_x)

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

I'd never in a million years want to do put myself forward for any kind of mod! 😆