ithaca

Have you ever considered running for Mod/PT/DT? **The Encouragement Thread**

ithaca

Hi guys!

I know many of us happened to think "Hey, this person would make a good job if they were a Mod/PT!" for various reasons.

As explained here, this is a thread to share your encouragement to the people you think are awesome and would be great Mods/Project Team members! Mind, members encouraged to run here won't be considered candidates unless they officially run when nominations are open, so don't be afraid and let's have fun! Which means no antagonizing and no silly spats :p

lets-get-this-party-started-edward-field

• Like 1

.Lia

I think Nyu would make a good mod :)

Edited by Lia 
  • Like 4

Palovana

I think Nyu would make a great mod!

• Like 2

.//

I think Nyu would be a silly selection for a moderation position! :P

I might consider it, but I'd want to avoid any of the chaos and drama that was in the last election I saw. :\

Palovana

I think Nyu would be a silly selection for a moderation position! :P

I might consider it, but I'd want to avoid any of the chaos and drama that was in the last election I saw. :\

Nonsense. AVEN needs a mod like you, Nyu.

• Like 2

Janus DarkFox

Pure Light/Illuminated for admin of AVEN.

He deserves it as compensation.

heh, they where onto something right there :p

Illuminated = Illuminati, made sense :lol:

ThaHoward

I nominate SilverKutsine, as she said in the last election thread she would not be a candidate for another election, but I think she would be a good mod an nominate her.

• Like 5

Woodworker1968

I hope nobody ever wants ME to be a mod. That would be like asking Joan Crawford to babysit your kids.

I briefly considered using Invision to start my own board... except it would make AVEN's Hot Box look tame by comparison.

ithaca

I think Nyu, Elnae and DexM should consider running :) I am sure I have other names I'm not thinking of right now :lol:

• Like 3

.Lia

OMG so many good people x_x

/pokes them all with sticks...sort of.

__flipnote___lets_poke_zodis_with_a_stic

• Like 2

LaMaestra

SilverKitsune and Dex definitely.

zoidberger

I've thought about it a handful of times and I have run (narrowly being defeated!). I'm not really too active on AVEN right now though and I would want to be in order to be a Mod.

:cake: to all that try / do all the work for AVEN's sake.

EDIT: Doh! Just realised this was to encourage others. Well, there have been quite a few over the years that I can think of but most end up being Mods at least for a little while.

• Like 2

.//

OMG so many good people x_x

/pokes them all with sticks...sort of.

__flipnote___lets_poke_zodis_with_a_stic

*boop* *boop* *boop* *boop*

• Like 1

Janus DarkFox

Yeah, DexM would be an interesting candidate, strange even with me and Dex, good friends, running side by side...

... And to answer this thread question... Yes... I have considered being a mod... ;) :lol:

`Silver

@Howard: I said it would not make much sense for me to rerun if nobody really wanted me to, but I have been reconsidering it. I got lots of encouragement via PM - more than I thought I would. So yes, I think I will rerun. :)

I also think that DexM would make a good mod, definitely. Oh, and +Pookzar of course, but it's kind of a given!

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me ^_^

• Like 1

Axestopper Pete

I have no idea who would make a good mod. That's probably because I'm a really bad judge of character, especially online. I wondered about going for mod myself, but I think the aforementioned issue would make me really bad at it.

Another interesting thread added to my content list... :twisted:

Ashen, Arctic Fox and Silver would all be good mods imo.

Pumpkin Spice Eggnog Latte

Ashen, Arctic Fox and Silver would all be good mods imo.

^^^diz

Also Mysticus would be a good mod

Serran

Hmm. I don't know many people on here personally, so I can only judge from the posts I have seen of them in public. But...

Pook is active and seems level headed enough to become a mod. And, I am sorry, those GIFs make me bias. Must..stop..watching...kitty....oh god so cute!

I think starry would make a good mod, but I am not sure they would want to be one. :lol: Might be a bit too much of a headache. But, always reasonable in the posts I have seen.

• Like 1

Elnae

I think Nyu, Elnae and DexM should consider running :) I am sure I have other names I'm not thinking of right now :lol:

Wow Ith!! :o I'm really touched, thank you. :wub:

From a personal point of view, I agree that Nyu and Dex would make awesome Mods and I would like to add Rosetta Ace, Silver Kitsune, Runester and Miss Terry would all make brilliant Mods too. ^_^

• Like 1

JDP

I wouldn't last five minutes as a moderator, on any board.

• Like 1

ithaca

Wow Ith!! :o I'm really touched, thank you. :wub:

From a personal point of view, I agree that Nyu and Dex would make awesome Mods and I would like to add Rosetta Ace, Silver Kitsune, Runester and Miss Terry would all make brilliant Mods too. ^_^

You're a very sweet and caring member, you're here every day (or almost) and you seem level headed and honest.

Same applies to Dex and Nyu, and it's the reason why I made your three names.

Pookzar knows how crazy and full of drama Admods can be, he has been a mod for quite some time (twice?) and has been my mentor in the team, so I think my appreciation and encouragement to him is unnecessary. Yet here it is :ph34r:

Same applies to SilverKitsune who is the main Admin on AVEN Italy and does a wonderful job over there ;)

I'd like to add Serran's name. I think she'd make quite a good Mod!

• Like 3

Serran

I'd like to add Serran's name. I think she'd make quite a good Mod!

Aw, thank you. I don't think I will ever run for mod though, I like coming here to get AWAY from drama and being a mod on my other forums (admin on one), this one is a nice escape. :lol:

• Like 1

And, I am sorry, those GIFs make me bias. Must..stop..watching...kitty....oh god so cute!

Just as planned :twisted:

Serran

And, I am sorry, those GIFs make me bias. Must..stop..watching...kitty....oh god so cute!

Just as planned :twisted:

Haha your evil plan works on many people, I bet! :P

Nameless123

Also Mysticus would be a good mod

I think so, too.

Notte stellata

I think starry would make a good mod, but I am not sure they would want to be one. :lol: Might be a bit too much of a headache. But, always reasonable in the posts I have seen.

Thanks. :) You know what, when I saw this thread, I thought exactly the same thing about you - I believe you would be a good mod because your posts are always calm and rational, but I remember you said you'd rather stay away from AVEN politics, so... :P

Anyway, I feel pretty much the same as you. Being a mod may be too much for a huge introvert. :lol: I'm open to running for PT again though, if I have time and the position is right for me.

`Silver

For what it's worth Starry, I can see you perfectly in PT. Actually, I think Nyu would fit PT just fine as well. :)

Plus

I have wanted to be a mod, I am learning the forums very well, I think I am a positive influence towards everyone, I have always been a leader figure throughout school. I have experience being on forums and I think I would make a good addition to the AVEN team.

• Like 1