Possible TMI... Possible help for some with Sexual Loss.

Down in Texas

Down in Texas

I am not a Doctor only a highly sexual 60+ year old female. As most of you that know me on this site know I am married to a grey-A (by his own admission). I have read post by some male partners in long term relationships who have made said that their S.O. suddenly changed sexually. If they have had a hysterectomy this may be some great information that will not only help you but may help your S.O. If your S.O. or if you have a friend that is in the process of needing to have a hysterectomy, then please pass this info on to them to help them make a more valued choice. There is also a procedure that now allows a woman to keep her cervix which will greatly decrease the effects of the hysterectomy. I know that there are reasons that the cervix cannot be left in some cases. However on some occasions it is a possible option. I had to have a hysterectomy due to a prolapsed uterus, due to a large set of twins, at the age of 38 and should have had it sooner. I was surprised to see that some of the problems I faced were due to my surgery and not just the actions of my grey-A partners declining sexual abilities. Please read the article is only 4 pages long but I felt it was to long to post on here.

Sexual Loss: http://www.hersfoundation.com/docs/Sexual_Loss.html

Archived