CBC Radio One

Prophetess

Prophetess

Radio One's super cool morning show (that everyone I know listens to!) The Current is about to air something about asexuality! I would have given the heads up earlier, but I JUST got off the bus and arrived at work. Highly unlikely that anyone will see this in time, but just in case... Go to www.cbc.ca and follow the links to listen to Radio 1 online. It's 9:30 Atlantic time now (8:30 EDT) and they haven't aired it yet, so if you're online go check it out.

This is the first time I've happened upon an A reference incidentally, and not gone looking for it. I almost screamed on the bus when I heard the "coming up later..." thing! Anyway, hope others are able to catch this in time. Update soon.

ETA -- update:

I enjoyed the interview with David Jay. Very articulate, and nice to put a voice to the name! There were also "streeters" and a panel thing. On the whole, I enjoyed it. I admittedly missed significant bits (especially in the later portion) due to my pesky job thing getting in the way, but it seemed largely positive.

To listen to the segment:

http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/media/200506/...urrent_sec3.ram

Wow. DJ did a really good job of explaining it. The guy who was on (a professor? something?) was pretty cool, but the woman who was a sex therapist tended to piss me off.

But overall, that was really interesting to hear.

VivreEstEsperer

That is the first time I have ever gotten to hear David in an interview and YOU SOUNDED AWESOME, David!! Very articulate, you could really hold your own, you sounded as good or better than any commentator on CNN....that was great!

Kate

The Evil Cashew

What do i need t listen to it? my computer can't open it.

~Cashew

Listening to it now..

I like the chocolate cake analogy :)

This is a very good interview. Mr Jay comes across very well indeed.

Spock: It's streamed, you could just be getting a choppy connection to the server. Or your player could be borked. It's working fine for me

Having listened to the whole thing, I can say the sex therapist didn't really irritate me, but she came across as a bit self-absorbed, not really open to arguments. Quite keen to open her mouth and promote her own ideas without thinking about it. She didn't seem used to actual discussion.

The Evil Cashew

boo! i am not downloading another freaking sound file player. why can;t they all jus tbe compatible!

*is frustrated wiht computers*

but thanks for answering guys!

~Cashew

Cashew, I agree, RealPlayer is terrible, and incompatible with everything. I only have it because the BBC use it.

Why more people don't use Quicktime streaming server which is free to use is beyond me.

Archived