Where does your username come from?

gypsy_princess

Happydays97

My username comes from one of my favorite shows known as "Happy Days".

Also because everyday can be a happy day for me. Even if people get under my skin, I always find ways to make my day a better one ^_^

Mine is the feminine form of 'Il Maestro' 'The Master' or 'The Teacher'.

On YouTube I am 'Redhair Kid'.

I have different names for different forums.

• Like 1

I'm Aditu most places nowadays, taken from the Memory, Sorrow and Thorn trilogy of four books by Tad Williams. Other anonymous places, I might also be Galrion, from the Deverry cycle by Katharine Kerr.

Fantasy books, basically.

As for the avatar, I spotted the image on a facebook page one of my friends admins, and appropriated it for myself... It's even my user picture on the computer. And if anyone's wondering, the character is Akira from the game/VN Katawa Shoujo.

Really good question!

My username comes from the word gorlock- which means someone without common sense (which I am sometimes :P ) but I don't think that's the real definition though, and kris... idk lol

A bakery. They make the best cakes.

Very Clevver!

Mine is from me feeling like I am smart like whatever your iq + A lot

• Like 1
CloakedSchemer

Mine actually came from a video game...

In Kingdom Hearts there is an evil organization called Organization XIII made up of nobodies (a type of human missing a heart) and they have a member name Zexion; who is my all time favorite character of the whole series. Because of his power over illusions and his intellect he was nicknamed the Cloaked Schemer. Thus came my username.

The End. :D

thelonelysnake

I have been using this username for a few years for pretty much everything (forums, games, etc.) and I started using it because I have always been really lonely, and although I am not anymore, I was for most of my life and I love snakes and often refer to myself as a snake (I'm not a furry, I SWEAR..... okay maybe a little) because I relate to them so well for some reason.

And there you have it: thelonelysnake

Hazel lights

Hazel is the name of the main character of my favorite book, the fault in our stars. Plus my eyes are Hazel. For my first couple of weeks on Aven my username was blue light simply because I'm bad at usernames and I thought it sounded decent. I replaced blue with hazel to make it more personal to me and ended up with Hazel lights.

Grumpy Alien

Grey-Ace > Grace > Graceful

• Like 1

I've changed it a couple times, sooo. *coughmaybemorethanjustacoupleoftimes*

My first one, "BetaStar," is because I have a beta fish, and I like stars (the ones in the sky, not people).

The second one, "Touma," is the name of the main character from Toaru Majutsu no Index.

Then I changed it to "不運" (search it on Google Translate xD) because I was in a bad mood.

And finally, my current username is "Mahou" because I was putting in names that I thought were taken (and surprisingly, this one wasn't :D).

Because I am a girl that wears a domo beanie. Simple, really.

Guest member25959

The "Arca N.H." part is shortened from Arca Nine Huggles. Arca nine Huggles was started by Fae >.> It comes from ArcanineHuggles... and ArcnineHuggles came up in 2011 when I dropped the Feline from FelineHuggles in favor of Arcanine (there was a major Pokémon theme in JFF at the time and I thought arcanines were mega cute)

FelineHuggles was a combination of two different names: TheFelineFurry (dunno where that one came from) and "WerewolfHugglesSergei" (playing about with a friend at the time). There was that infamous period in 2009 when Feline dicked about with a friend and changed their username several times a day, eventually they settled for that one name... but it sort of had a stigma so I went and replaced Feline with Arcanine when I returned in 2011

I dunno where the Raccoons part comes from. I like raccoons, and my avatar/fursona is a raccoon, so I guess it was inevitable

Castiel Lorenzo

My name is divided into two parts: Castiel was the name of an angel who participated in the supernatural series, lorenzo and the name of a cousin of mine. liked the mix that gives me a more Latin.

• 1 year later...

My username here on AVEN comes from the new-ish email address I made specifically for a DeviantArt account I was gonna make about education on asexuality. DeviantArt's security wouldn't let me post anything about asexuality, so I abandoned the project that hadn't even survived a whole weekend day.

Breaking it into parts, "Dat" instead of "that" because why not, "Ace", as in asexual, of course, and "Furry", since I'm a member of the furry fandom.

Dodecahedron314

My username is what it is because Contact is awesome (Carl Sagan's original book more so than the movie--if you've already seen the movie, read the book; if you've already read the book, don't see the movie unless you *really* want to; if you've done neither, either watch the movie and then read the book or just read the book and skip the movie) and I like messing with adherents of long-dead philosophy. My avatar is me wearing the ace ring I made myself and doing the "live long and prosper" gesture because all my Trekkie friends say I would make an awesome Vulcan and I thought an allusion to that would be apropos on an ace forum.

tl;dr: I am a huge nerd, the end.

• Like 1

Username: what my mother would have named the child before me had it not spontaneously aborted a couple of months after conception. Given that she's never acknowledge me as a person with my own qualities, I like it as a name for my true being and almost a sibling in myself that I never knew I had. I hope she never finds out that I use the name and tries to appropriate it from me.

Picture: I've found that I like iconic/girly horse imagery and this is one I enjoy. It has qualities of strength and being pretty looking, and somewhat unearthly looking.

Basically "Schrecken" is German for "Scary". German because I have some German ancestry, and I just thought it sounded cool. "Scary" because I like lots of things that many people consider to be scary, like horror movies, monsters, roller coasters, etc. That, and I also make horror/Halloween props as a part of my job these days. Sometimes I put the number "13" after the Schrecken, if Schrecken is already taken. 13 is my lucky number, and I was born on the 13th of the month.

Ace of Fishes

I'm an avid player of the trading card game Magic: The Gathering, whose fundamental idea is that players use "mana" (magical energy, essentially) to summon creatures and cast spells with which they try to defeat their opponents. Manaless Dredge is a weird strategy that uses some really oddball cards to win the game without using any mana at all, and as a result it is immune to some very common lines of attack. It's this invulnerability gained by eschewing a supposedly fundamental game component that resonates with me as an asexual and I allude to it with my user name.

The picture is simply some art that speaks to me.

As a coffee-barista; my username was a nick-name that goes way-back...

I've often wondered why I use it on an ace site. It can be taken the 'wrong way'. After all, my 'espresso' is a] 'short'....I'm not.

b] 'black' [apol.]....I'm not.

c] 'double shot'....I've never tried been able to.

d] with incredible 'crema'.... :ph34r:

Mine comes from Kaichou wa Maid-sama, a shoujo anime and manga whose protagonist is named Misaki. Is my favourite shoujo so far.

Cement is just a powder, but it hardens when mixed properly, right?

I was a quite normal kid at home, but I changed every time I went back to school. Other kids used to shout and throw bits of erasers at me constantly when the teacher wasn't in class, but they never did get a reaction out of me. The teachers tried to make me read homework and other assignments out loud in the class, but they couldn't make me. I just stared at the desk and kept drawing in my notebook. One teacher shouted at me once: "It's like trying to talk to a concrete block!".

That's where it comes from.

When I was younger (twelve? thirteen?) a few of my friends and I labeled ourselves as "CNGB"s. I can't for the life of my remember what it all stands for, though I know the "N" is for "Ninja" and I'm pretty sure the "B" is for "Buddies." XD

But anyway, yep. I use that username a lot now.

scarletlatitude

Random screen name generator website. I got tired of my usual names.

I wish I had an answer to this question, but I honestly have no background info for my username :blush:

• Like 1
clueingforlooks

Mine is from my favorite show Sherlock (BBC version :)). Its a quote from the episode The Sign of Three, John tells a client that Sherlock is "Cluing for looks" instead of "Looking for clues" because they're both drunk. It's quite funny! I also picked it because I found it ironic, I was joining AVEN to try and "clue for looks" about asexuality.

• Like 3