Where does your username come from?

gypsy_princess

I'm Joan, some friends decided that it'll be fun to nickname me John. One day, my friend did a typo and sent 'Jawn' instead of John/ Joan. It stuck:D

• Like 1

A badly translated/transliterated (from Japanese to English) name of a Final Fantasy VII enemy. Sounded cool and unique enough, despite being terribly wrong.

I was about 12 when I came up with my username and it was inspired by one of my favorite YouTubers at the time, Thunderbirds101... and 727 is my favorite number.

I'm actually wowed that I'm nearly 20 and I'm still sticking with this username...!

• 2 weeks later...

From a broody lesbian vampire. 

Fantastic Name

I wanted a generic and mundane username that I would never grow tired of and/or be embarrassed of in the future. What if my hobbies and interests now are completely different when I'm older? What if I end up choosing a username that my future self thinks sounds spectacularly stupid? I tried to choose a name that was representative of who I am, yet also something that I wouldn't be humiliated by later on.

When I was bowling with friends and family about 20 years ago they entered my name into the machine as Mr. Spock. All that came up on the screen was Mr. Spo and the name Spo stuck with me ever since. Spo + fantastic = Spotastic.

When I was 11 or 12 I started to get interested in running. I first was really fast and liked sprinting, but over time developed into a love for running long distance. Anyway, "roadrunner" was part of the first email address I ever created for myself back in the mid-90s.

megane is the phrase used to describe someone who wears glasses in japanese . susually its more accurately describe a person who is studious uptight or classy becuase of thier glasses i wear glasses but i am not what most people would describe as a " megane" type but i think the way it pronouce is cute ( meh GAH nay)

I was playing a video game with over forty unique characters that could be named, about a third of the way in I got lazy with giving them each unique names. Around this time one of the villains joins your party, and she's pretty cool, so I swap out an H for a J, and was pretty happy with the result. It's been my username for forums and accounts whenever I don't need something strictly professional since. 

• Like 1

I think it first started after I watched Inkheart for the first time, where the people who had the ability to read characters out of books were called Silvertongues. I love writing stories and creating things in general and overall have a very active imagination, so I began to call myself The Daydreamer, and now I just use it everywhere I have an account pretty much. I'm thinking of maybe incorporating it into business someday if I start selling my artwork, or my photography if I get any good at it. :D

• Like 1

It's from a children's song in my country, which my mom used to sing it to us. The chorus describes how everything is orage - the sky, the sea, the grass and the town; the mothers and their children; the guitars and their melody. I am very visual and this song tickled my imagination.

Given my name by a group of kids I was volunteering with. It has now kinda stuck! Though, they sometimes pronounce it lightsaber, so I will keep that one on the back burner. 

Just finally changed mine from Mad Broom.

I chose this for multiple reasons.

1. My name is May.

2. I'm from Massachusetts, which is where the Mayflower landed.

3. My family came on the Mayflower.

4. Sometimes when I create fictional companies for my business class, I call it Mayflower. It started with Mayflower Candles. So, it's kind of a reference to that.

I have a fascination with all things night, midnight, shadows, stars, the galaxy etc so when I attempted to start my own crafts business it had Midnight in it as well as alot of my World of Warcraft characters have names to do with the above and one of the toons is MissMidnight so it seemed fitting to have that here. Plus the name I go by generally comes with jokes attached to it so people tend to take you less seriously. 

I'm from Massachusetts, which is where the Mayflower landed.

They landed in different places!? That's something I didn't know!

• 2 months later...

I wondered about this myself so glad to find the thread, even if arriving late. Tunhope is the name of an imaginary village in my novel Badge of Loyalty. In the local accent, it would be pronounced Tunnup but Tun -hope is fine as I'm pretty optimistic about life.

Biblioromantic

I've been pretty into books, reading, and libraries since my mom took me to story time back when I was in diapers, and she continued that weekly habit until I was old enough to drive to the local public library myself as a teenager. I've always been a reader, even studied literature at college, where I spent literally thousands of hours studying or hanging out at the library. A lot of my employment history also has to do with libraries or with the organization of information and ideas. I also love the connotations of knowledge and wisdom that also come from books and libraries. They are my lifelong passion.

And seriously, the reading! Last year I read over 340 books, according to Goodreads. I like to wander the stacks at the library and pick up interesting nonfiction stuff, but mostly I read fiction. The last couple years I've been on a romance kick, I think mostly because you can count on a romance novel to have a happy ending even if things get dicey in the character's backstory or whatever. And they're about two people who are very different who are choosing to mesh their lives together, choosing each other over everything else. I've never experienced that or anything even close to it, but I want it one day. I am, at heart, a romantic.

ukrguy means Ukrainian guy :) everything is easy haha

Tasha the demi squirrel

I'm quite boring mine is just my name and age (at time of signing up)

On 29/04/2018 at 12:17 AM, Biblioromantic said:

And seriously, the reading! Last year I read over 340 books, according to Goodreads. 

Now I see why you have a little picture of a bookworm.

I really love Ellen Ripley from the Alien movie series. She's one of my all time favourite female characters, right up there with Princess Leia and Wonder Woman (:

Hatter2211

In high school, I really got into Syfy's Alice and really enjoyed their portrayal of the Mad Hatter. That is pretty much it! haha.

Paladude was the second password my friend used for our shared Voltron meme page on Instagram. I really liked it so after she changed the password (again) I started using it as a username lol. Plus Paladude is really fun to say to me.

verymelancholic

My username is a combination of “depression” and “isolation”.