What the hell

I have a number of online friends and I can't recall its having arisen as a topic recently. So either these people are all asexual - I've never asked, and it doesn't seem statistically likely - or even sexuals can discuss other things. Maybe they're more educated types though *shrugs*

When it did arise a long time ago I got very uncomfortable and I think they sensed that and changed to another discussion. That was a PM though... For chatrooms, if you go to an age-restricted chatroom there shouldn't be any mention of it. The point of most chatrooms is to discuss a particular interest, isn't it? So just try one whose topic isn't 'sex' :-P

Heh, I didn't say they only talked about sex. I've asked some of my friends to tone it down when they're speaking specifically to me, but to be honest after a while most of my friends get the idea anyway. Though not all of them. :?

People talking about sex doesn't bother me all that much really. I can talk dirtier than most when it comes to it too. Having no frame of reference in the sexual community in that way I can gross out most people :lol:

What upset me and still does but to a lesser degree as I educate those around me of what I am; was the fact that when it came to discussing physical attraction to people and 'rating' of females I had nothing there to go on.

It is nice to be able to have an answer to inquisitive people who ask why I don;t have a girlfriend though! My problem is the not knowing part. Even if I turned out to be homosexual (which as one stage I thought I might be) knowing what I am means I can deal with it better.

I like the fact that I can be as loving as I please with people and not worry about the sex part. It may cause me problems in the future if they think I'm 'coming onto them,' but right now I;m just content to hug the s**t out of my close friends and be happy with the emotional wellbeing they give me.

Heh, I didn't say they only talked about sex. I've asked some of my friends to tone it down when they're speaking specifically to me, but to be honest after a while most of my friends get the idea anyway. Though not all of them. :?

I meant they've never brought it up. These are people I met after the incident where it was brought up :oops: which was a bit of an extenuating circumstance - somebody else had hacked into my IM account and made remarks to one of my contacts, and they thougt it was me...

Really? That's cool. They must have realised it makes you uncomfortable, I guess, or maybe you just subconsciously pick friends who don't talk about sex :D