• Linguistic
    • Logical-Mathematical
    • Bodily-kinesthetic
    • Spatial
    • Musical
    • Interpersonal
    • Intrapersonal

This poll is closed to new votes

Erm... Linguistic. Bodily/kinesthetic. Spatial. Musical. Kind of a mixture of interpersonal and intrapersonal (I can't communicate well, but I am very well aware of others' feelings and the other kinds of stuff that's with interpersonal).

I can't pick one.

But I am a kinesthetic learner except when it comes to music. Then I'm auditory, I can play a piece of music that you put in front of me if I can hear it first.

I think I'm a combo of inter/intrapersonal. Sounds like a contradiction but I am very self motivated but also pretty attuned to others feelings when I am there in person.

They're all me except for the interpersonal. But I think i'm going to go with the mathematical logical.

Miss_Moneypenny

There was a poll on the BBC website last year that had categories like this. I filled in the questionnaire and it told me that I am a musical thinker.

Once again I’m in the minority with ‘Interpersonal’......In the short time I have been an Aven member I seem to be on the periphery of ‘common ground’ as far as results of these quiz results go.

Logical-Mathematical and Intrapersonal (but I'm changing little by little)

I had a spatial intelligence when I was a child, not now anymore ...

So I put 'Logical-Mathematical'

• 2 months later...

Ohh MI theory. I think last time I took a test, I scored highest on the visual spatial, though I have a good ranking on the majority of them.

Spacial first, linguistic second. The others in varying degrees, but lagging further behind.

LisaRochell

Decisions, decisions! I am naturally shy in new situations and I’ve always been self-motivated. I’m gifted with being able to explain things to people in a way that they understand, have a literal empathy, and people used to follow me around even if I didn’t want them to! I do spend my free time drawing, daydreaming and playing with Lego (at 22…). I can hear things that others don’t tend to pick up on, but that’s because my hearing is sensitive – I like percussion but I am tone deaf, so the subtleties of different musical notes are lost on me. I did used to dance, swim and do kickboxing, but I’m less energetic these days. I’m more of a web-thinker than a linear-thinker, so I don’t know how that effects logical-mathematical intelligence. I do enjoy reading too.

I think it’s going to be Intrapersonal, with Spatial and Interpersonal tied second. I do have aspects of all these intelligences, but these are the strongest.

• 1 year later...

Linguistic, Musical, and Intrapersonal all fit me!

mouth brooder

Howard Gardner has since added at least three more: Naturalist, Spiritual/Existential, and Moral.

Here's a website with explanation and free tests.

http://www.businessballs.com/howardgardner...telligences.htm

I think Gardner's theory is an improvement on the old artistic v. practical kind of dichotomy, but it doesn't matter how many boxes we offer people if we are still putting people in boxes.

And, what about people who seem to have distinct abilities in all seven areas? Or none?

I think the best teachers don't put their students in boxes at all. The Socratic method and its revisions seem to be free of this kind of restraint.

I don't think I really fit into any of these. I was shy, but the rest of intrapersonal doesn't fit. I liked doing most of the things listed as linguistic, but I hardly would think that completely characterized me. I liked logic books and other things and strategy sorts of stuff, but that was hardly all I was into. My favorite thing as a kid was playing with Legos and I daydreamed a lot but actually have very poor spatial abilities. Really I think I fit into some parts of all of these, but none of them describe me as a kid at all. And some attributes have changed between when I was a kid and now.

If I had to use a word for myself as a kid, it'd have been Imaginative. I liked (and like) anything I could be creative with, whether or not I was (or am) any good at it. But at the same time, I didn't like being bounded to rules or boxed in in any way. Like I didn't like art in school, because I felt it kept me too bounded. (Edit: And maybe I don't like personality typologies like this because they do the same thing :P) And things like coloring books or jigsaw puzzles were boring to me because I only had so many options. And when I played with Legos, it wasn't about following the instructions to make what they wanted me to. It was about tossing away all the rules and making your own things, taking the parts and using them as scrap in designing things according to your own imagination.

Linguistic and Intrapersonal. I think essentially only in words. I rarely think in patterns or images.

I'm also very self-aware, but absolutely oblivious to my environment.

JokeyFairbobbin

Not entirely certain which one to pick- I put Musical, since it was the only one that I didn't have anything against, but it's almost definitely not my main thing. I draw constantly, but I'm not so good at judging distances; I love to write, but I'm terrible with crosswords; I'm good with logic and math and I generally hate both of them; I need people and I need alone-time. The only thing I know I'm NOT is Bodily/Kinesthetic. Whatever it is that determines my skills and interests has the attention span of a caffeinated squirrel.

I'd say I mostly think Spatially. Rotating objects and maps in my mind has always been my strong suit. That and, of course, lego is one of the greatest things ever invented. *plays with little brightly coloured blocks*

After that I'd pick logical/mathematical and intrapersonal.

Ooh, I've always thought these were interesting.

My intelligence is primarily linguistic. My thought processes are entirely in words, and I have trouble visualizing things in my head--even faces of friends and family!

I'd say I'm also high in both inter- and intrapersonal intelligence. I'm very aware of my own thoughts and motivations, and I'm usually good at seeing what's going on in other peoples' heads (and getting them to talk about it). I'm shy, but when others go limp I make command decisions, and I'm usually the coolest head in crises.

While I really enjoy activities involving spatial thinking (sewing, origami, lego), I need to see something and play with it in order to make sense of it. I'm learning (pattern drafting rocks!), but it's not an innate skill. Same with musical, I love music and have worked at it but it's not inborn.

• 2 months later...

Linguistic, Spatial, and Musical are where I rate strongest. The logical mathematical one I'm pretty good at, but not as strong in it as the others.

I voted Linguistic, because that is the one I am most like, though I am also very Bodily-kinesthetic and Spatial.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a mix of Linguistic, Interpersonal, and Intrapersonal. They're all equal, so I'm just not gonna vote.

Archived