Am I missing any?

BannedForSatire

Im not expecting you to make one for me (heterofanmantic), hehe (im not even demisexual so dont mind it), but I cant figure out which ones you have missed (that above is talking about), hmm...Demiromantic? :P

Edit: have heard some mention semi-romantic too... no idea what that is tho

ObsessedWithCats

I though Aro colours were green, yellow, orange and black. It's not nearly as official as the ace flag but I thought that was the closest we had. Where have you seen yellow, white and grey?

I like that you've put in andro-, gyno- and androgyno-, mos people seem to skip those.

BannedForSatire

I though Aro colours were green, yellow, orange and black. It's not nearly as official as the ace flag but I thought that was the closest we had. Where have you seen yellow, white and grey?

I like that you've put in andro-, gyno- and androgyno-, mos people seem to skip those.

When I googled aromantic it came up with a flag of those colors and there's a meme of "aromantic aardvark" with those colors too.

Im not expecting you to make one for me (heterofanmantic), hehe (im not even demisexual so dont mind it), but I cant figure out which ones you have missed (that above is talking about), hmm...Demiromantic? :P

Edit: have heard some mention semi-romantic too... no idea what that is tho

I included demiromantic under grey-romantic since demiromantic is a kind of grey-romantic.

lol I could make one for you .

ObsessedWithCats

When I googled aromantic it came up with a flag of those colors and there's a meme of "aromantic aardvark" with those colors too.

There are quite a lot of colour combos that have been used for aromanticism. They're all horrible colours together :( seriously who thought grey and yellow or orange, green and yellow would be nice?

You forgot lithromantic http://aromantics.wikia.com/wiki/Lithromantic

I just stumbled (literally just now) onto something that I guess could fit with this: Queerplatonic. It does not only apply to asexuals but I think it kind of fits here. http://aromantics.wikia.com/wiki/Queerplatonic

Apparently there is a third one also. But this one also could be arguable. http://aromantics.wikia.com/wiki/Wtfromantic

I love researching shiz :D

BannedForSatire

Thanks Crazy ManMan. Now how to represent these ideas?

These are super awesome! :D

Have you considered using half of a spade in place of half of a heart for the aromantic one? :)

K did some research. Here us what I could find as far as flags and stuff for the types of asexuals I and the others here found.

Lithromantic flag: http://lithromantic.tumblr.com/post/20676027284/detectivepunchymchitsthings

Found something on fanromantic. It seems to be where you like people who remind you of characters. It goes the whole spectrum from hetero to homo and all that stuff. Link: http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/87372-just-a-little-question-to-people-who-knows-about-these-stuff/

Demiromantic: http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/37190-being-demiromantic/

Here is a list of flags I found. Some orientations do not have flags.colors it seems (I have been doing some semi-intense research trying to find these for you. I think they just do not exist yet.) Flags: http://ftm-transscribed.tumblr.com/post/44094464844/the-ultimate-romantic-and-sexuality-pride-flag-list

Off topic but I kind of liked this also: http://media-cache-ec2.pinimg.com/192x/b1/35/31/b13531eef36ec17e240504ea897a8aa8.jpg

found another. Sapioromantic. It is romantic attraction to somebody specifically because of their intelligence, no other reason. http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/77917-sapioromantic/

Seems some prefer a different term than panromantic; omniromantic. It is another term for the same thing. also gynoromantic is interchangeable with gyneromantic.

Also I found an interesting link that is somewhat off topic but helped me with some of this research I have been doing. http://neutrois.me/neutrois/

BannedForSatire

Have you considered using half of a spade in place of half of a heart for the aromantic one? :)

Well to me it would make more sense to make a whole spade instead of half spade but I can definitely do that.

@Crazy ManMan Thank you so much!

Well to me it would make more sense to make a whole spade instead of half spade but I can definitely do that.

I was just thinking of half, to go along with the others. ^_^

I sure as hell didn't know that neutroisromantic was a thing, and I'm normally up to date with the AVEN lexicon. :P

I like these quite much! :cake: Did you take the monoromantic colour scheme from my monogamy flag idea?

BannedForSatire

2yowyog.png

I sure as hell didn't know that neutroisromantic was a thing, and I'm normally up to date with the AVEN lexicon. :P

I like these quite much! :cake: Did you take the monoromantic colour scheme from my monogamy flag idea?

Yep. :)

I think the ace ones would work better with the rectangular flag. The spade symbol stands for aromanticism, it might look contradictory.

Oh, and I just noticed one thing - didn't you use the polyamory flag for polyromanticism? Because they're actuallly different: polyamory is attraction to multiple people at the same time, polyromanticism is attraction to multiple genders but not all genders (it's like "in between" biromantic and panromantic).

By the way, cool thing that you took my mono-flag idea. I feel like I did something useful for once. :lol:

BannedForSatire

I think the ace ones would work better with the rectangular flag. The spade symbol stands for aromanticism, it might look contradictory.

Oh, and I just noticed one thing - didn't you use the polyamory flag for polyromanticism? Because they're actuallly different: polyamory is attraction to multiple people at the same time, polyromanticism is attraction to multiple genders but not all genders (it's like "in between" biromantic and panromantic).

By the way, cool thing that you took my mono-flag idea. I feel like I did something useful for once. :lol:

Oops I didn't realize there was a difference. It kinda doesn't make much sense for it to be between bi and pan romantic. o_O

I guess I'm officially changing it. Can I do that? If so then I am. :P

@Crazy ManMan Thank you so much!

No problem. I am the researcher type. It is just in my nature to research the crap out of something when I get on a topic.

Member4445

I am a demi-pan-snarkromantic asexual. I will post a picture of my flag after I draw it. It's awesome :3

image_zps6abe2869.jpg

As you can see, the snarkromantic is represented by a troll and its club inside a heart. I experience romantic attraction to snarkers of all genders hence the pan colours and demi so half of the asexual bit is split off.

Ok, it's an awful quality drawing done on a doodle app on my ipad but the idea is there!

Oops I didn't realize there was a difference. It kinda doesn't make much sense for it to be between bi and pan romantic. o_O

I guess I'm officially changing it. Can I do that? If so then I am. :P

You can do as you like :P

An example should let you understand things better; let's suppose we have five people, one female, one male, one agendered, one trans, one queer.

A biromantic person will be able to experience attraction to either the female or the male.

A polyromantic person may experience attraction to any number of those people in any combination, but they won't experience attraction to all genders. For example, they might experience romantic attraction for male, queer, and agendered people, yet not female and/or trans* people.

A panromantic person will be able to experience attraction to all of them regardless of their gender.

That's what I meant by "between bi and pan" - polyromantic people experience romantic attraction to more than two, but less than all genders. And they can still be monogamous, as much as biromantic or panromantic people can be monogamous. Hope that helps!

BannedForSatire

bg8epz.png

I didn't know how to include queerplatonic and wtfromantic but here are the orientations without the spades.

I am a demi-pan-snarkromantic asexual. I will post a picture of my flag after I draw it. It's awesome :3

image_zps6abe2869.jpg

As you can see, the snarkromantic is represented by a troll and its club inside a heart. I experience romantic attraction to snarkers of all genders hence the pan colours and demi so half of the asexual bit is split off.

Ok, it's an awful quality drawing done on a doodle app on my ipad but the idea is there!

I think snarkromantic would fit under the fanromantic classification. I am not 100% sure of that though, but from what I know about it I think it might be that. That is the technical term but you can call yourself whatever you want as well.

RileyNoLikey

For Kiiiku. Sorry, I lack imagination.

image_zps1c88ba72.jpg

I'm laughing at this harder than I probably should be XD

• 1 month later...

What does "androgynoromantic" mean? I mean, is it like "being attracted by both masculine and feminine persons", or "being attracted by persons who are both masculine and feminine"? :lol:

• 7 months later...
Lambda Corvus

This thread hasn't been active for a long time and is now being locked. If anyone would like to discuss this topic further, feel free to start a new thread about it.

AlGorithm

Romantic and Aromantic Orientations Moderator

Archived