2 members have voted

1. 1.

• straight-asexual
    • gay-asexual
    • bi-asexual
    • asexual-asexual
    • other (changing attraction, etc..)

This poll is closed to new votes

Bi-asexual. I see no difference between the genders (besides the obvious X/Y chromosome), so I'm romantically attracted to both equally.

I've never had much opinion on an SO, just wanted one. But recently I think i#ve been leaning towards women, which surprised me.

Take that as you will.

I am.. other.

To simplify things, I'm a bi-asexual, however, whether I'm bi-asexy leaning straight or bi-asexy leaning queer or bi-asexy leaning aromantic tends to float around, so much that I'm never completely sure.

I can see people of either gender as good looking or having an attractive personality, but I can also be totally oblivious, especially when it comes to looks. One of the worst questions you can ask me is "is s/he hot/good looking?" because 99% of the time I'll just shrug and give some noncommital answer because in all honesty, I didn't notice.

So I'm pretty much a big question mark in everything except for my lack of desire for sex.

luv n' skittles,

~|azi|~

I voted other... but it was a toss up between that and bi, since I fancy myself as pansexual.

There should be a catagory for bi-curious asexual. I am much more (asexualy) attracted to guys, but I am a little attracted to girls too.

voted "other" ...

At the moment, I tend to be leaning pretty heavily in the "straight" direction, but it's hard to tell whether that's because I'm innately more attracted to guys, or just because I spend a lot more time around them / getting to know them than girls (occupational hazard of being a girl studying engineering :wink: )

I'm intellectually open to the idea of pursuing a relationship with a girl, but do not know whether I would actually be attracted to the idea in reality.

So perhaps "unsure due to insufficient data" would be the best way of putting it. :P

• 2 weeks later...

If I had hormones other than sexless ones...

what do you call someone who finds any and all sex disgusting and filthy... (I need a shower just thinking about it... gross)... but who finds men more interesting but who wants to have a woman as life partner because he feels that would be a psychological "fit"? Actually, my doc wants to start me on male hormones (Im biologically male)... wonder which way I will swing when he does start the treatments? I'm nervous about it...

You know, now I want to start another poll that would expound on this a bit. It could be expanded to things like pansexual (maybe even get more detailed with bisexuality, e.g. bi leaning toward straight or bi leaning toward gay) and also to see who's male and who's female. Can I do that?

You know, now I want to start another poll that would expound on this a bit. It could be expanded to things like pansexual (maybe even get more detailed with bisexuality, e.g. bi leaning toward straight or bi leaning toward gay) and also to see who's male and who's female. Can I do that?

Yeah! It is an interesting idea. :D

Yeah! It is an interesting idea. :D

So what should I include? I'm not sure, but pansexual asexuals seem to fall under bisexuals, yet someone here said they were pansexual still. What's the difference? Is there a limit to the number of questions you can have on a poll? I'm looking at the list so far and it's pretty long:

I am male and hetero-romantic asexual

I am female and hetero-romantic asexual

I am male and homo-romantic asexual

I am female and homo-romantic asexual

I am male and bi-romantic asexual

I am male and bi-romantic asexual leaning toward hetero-asexual

I am male and bi-romantic asexual leaning toward homo-asexual

I am female and bi-romantic asexual

I am female and bi-romantic asexual leaning toward hetero-asexual

I am female and bi-romantic asexual leaning toward homo-asexual

I am male and pan-romantic asexual

I am female and pan-romantic asexual

I am male and aromantic-asexual

I am female and aromantic-asexual

I'm still trying to figure it out

Other/I'm sexual and just want to see the results/etc

I had to pick other. I am an aromantic woman, mostly only interested in women for friendship, but nothing romantic, with either gender.

I think I may have a brand new orientation sexually though. I am only comfortable with sexuality if it's male/male. (Kind of an intellectual attraction, nothing in the body).

Needless to say, I don't actually want to DO anything, but M/M seems "right" to me, not gross in the way that M/F and F/F do.

(I am not trasgendered or intersexed at all)

Endurance

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I voted other. I'm definitely asexual when it comes to sex. I am totally uninterested, but when it comes to romance, I am not really sure. I see attractiveness in men and women, but when I date I feel so overwhelmed like I have to get out of there right now. I don't know if that's my asexuality or social anxiety.

I voted other. I'm definitely asexual when it comes to sex. I am totally uninterested, but when it comes to romance, I am not really sure. I see attractiveness in men and women, but when I date I feel so overwhelmed like I have to get out of there right now. I don't know if that's my asexuality or social anxiety.

The whole concept of "dating" sets up so many expectancies that anyone can feel nervous. For a lot of sexuals, it's the idea that they may get sex out of the experience that pushes them to endure the possible [probable] humiliation. Since asexuals do not have the sexual attraction, I think there is a less significant drive to date for us (at least in the earlier years of life, i.e. teens, 20s).

I'm genderqueer and panasexual. It doesn't matter what gender the person is. Just as long I can connect with them on an emotional level

• 3 weeks later...

Straight-asexual, I do often find women to be beautiful, and will "check out" but it's nothing past aesthetics, I don't "desire" or "lust".

• 3 weeks later...

Nice lil can o worms open here.

This subject to me is pure heartache. I'm 26 years old, and I pretty much feel I want very strongly a partner. I don't really care what gender. If this persons soul is matching mine, gender wont play a part.

• 3 weeks later...

asexual-asexual.

I'll admit to having had crushes... but nothing I would consider serious. In fact... looking back they were really nothing more than me being too afraid to actually befriend someone. So I admired them from a distance in what my friends refered to as crushes.

but all in all I feel no romantic or sexual attraction to anyone. As someone once described me I'm "Just fine with being simply friends with the world." I dont' want anyone closer to me than that... at least not right now.

As for male and female bodies... They are both aestheticly pleasing... but nothing more. I like to look and draw them... though males tend to look a bit more awkward and are harder for me to draw. (Their propportions are odd compared to women.)

I'm a bi-asexual who experiences romantic aesthetic attraction to androgynous/feminine men; and is romantically attracted to women if they have a personality I like.

• 1 month later...

What's asexual-asexual? Do you mean aromantic-asexual?

Anyway, I am panromantic and asexual. I can be romantically attracted to anyone but am sexually attracted to no one. Or rather, that's what I was until I found my beloved. I love her and only her. I have not felt a romantic attraction to another in quite some time now.

Hmm... I'm not sure which one to choose.

Gay-asexual or Bi-asexual....

They should let you have tick marks so you can choose more than one! LOL

At the moment I'd say I'm straight and asexual, but I wouldn't say no if I met the right person and they happened to be of the same sex. It's the person, not their gender, for me. Don't know what that makes me xD

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not quite sure of all the jargon here yet.

I put asexual - asexual because I don't like sex and I don't like being touched.

I have good friends of both sexes though.

AlexTheSane

I'm gonna go with bi on this one, although pan is the term I generally prefer. I feel romantic attractions to people of all genders. Really really strong romantic attractions. I saw at least one person who posted previously who said they wanted marriage and children, and that's sort of how I feel. Not sure how kids is going to work, but honestly I'm happy to adopt.

On that note, aesthetically I like men and masculinity more. Breasts kind of disturb me a little, especiall really big ones. But I make a distinction between aesthetics and romantics. If I met a large-breasted really feminine woman and fell in love with her, the fact that she looks a certain way would not matter much to me.

Sapio-asexual might work here as well (attraction to intellect), but as sex isn't a motivator here it is almost a given that personality makes up most of an attraction, and I'm moderately smart so smart people would be attractive to me no matter whether I was asexual, gay, straight, attracted to houseplants, what have you.

Archived