2 members have voted

1. 1.

• straight-asexual
    • gay-asexual
    • bi-asexual
    • asexual-asexual
    • other (changing attraction, etc..)

This poll is closed to new votes

Does Homoamorous mean that you have a lot of friends of the same sex?

It means that I am romantically attracted to people of the same gender. Using "amorous" as a suffix instead of "sexual" seems to help people get that I can be attracted to girls without sexually wanting them.

The gender balance of my friends is skewed towards women, but that's mainly because I'm in college and live in a all-female dorm.

Charlieee
(Actually, when people ask me, I usually reply that I am an asexual bisexual lesbian, and then explain that I don't want to have sex with anyone, think that men and women can both be very nice-looking/aesthetically appealing, but only want to have romantic relationships with women.)

...that's more or less my situation :lol: Uh... so yeah I'm choosing gay-asexual...

I said "other" because I'm not really sure.

When I think of having a "relationship" I think of it being with a guy (which would make me 'straight') but around guys in real life I think "Eeew!" And, seeing as how either way I would want seperate bedrooms in a 'relationship' I guess it doesn't Really matter. All I want is someone to go out and do stuff with.

And yet.... If I think about it long enough I don't really care for either - honestly!

Perhaps I'm just confused. :roll:

i went for bi-asexual.

i find both men and women asthetically pleasing (if they are!) and had relationships with both. but i think i've only felt love (if thats what it was - or very strong mental/emotional attraction) with a couple of women.

at the end of the day, if i meet someone i want to be romantically involved with (and them me), then gender will not be an issue, especially as sex isn't part of the equation

• 2 weeks later...
November Rain

Straight-asexual. Basically I'm attracted to women, but don't desire to 'get physical' with them.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted other.

For most of the time of my young life I thought I was strongly physically attracted to men, but just recently I felt that there were girls out there I could see myself adoring just as easily, which would label me bi-a.

There are times when I feel very much self-sufficient, though, and others when I feel very much attracted to straight boyish girls, lesbians, girlish boys and gay guys - anyone I consider pretty, really. It depends so much on my mood. No romantic feelings, though, so far.

Summing up, bisexual-asexual, but with changing intensity, and I'm still not sure about being asexual for real. It's complicated.

Juliette

I am hetero-asexual. I like men; I could say i like everything about them, except for what's in their pants. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I put bi-asexual because I am attracted to men and women but want to have sex with neither. I lean quite a bit towards gay-asexual though as am intrigued more by women than men and get "crushes" mainly on women even though they are more wanting to know a women deeply rather than sleep with her.

I voted asexual-asexual, although I classify myself as asexual with a very low romantic drive (for who, I'm not sure...)

I voted, for gay-asexual. I'm a boy, and I like other boys, but I'm just not sexually attracted.

EDIT: I originally said here that I am a "straight-asexual" but the truth is that I am closer to a-romantic because of the type of relationship that I have with my new girlfriend.

It's weird how labels work--she's a girl, but I just am so narrow in what I'll accept for a girlfriend that only one person, Shadow girl, has passed the test perfectly.

I voted asexual-asexual, although I classify myself as asexual with a very low romantic drive (for who, I'm not sure...)

I have a very low romantic drive as well. I very very rarely feel any sort of romantic attraction to someone. But when I do, Id imagine the feelings are just as intense as anyone elses would be.

And I thought for sure there was far more gay-asexuals than this poll suggests. Also, I wonder what those pan-asexuals are selecting. Bi? Other?

SomeoneElse
I voted, for gay-asexual. I'm a boy, and I like other boys, but I'm just not sexually attracted.

This is why I dislike this terminology. If you are not sexually attracted to men, than you are not gay. You just have an inclination toward male companionship.

This is why I dislike this terminology. If you are not sexually attracted to men, than you are not gay. You just have an inclination toward male companionship.

If you are romantically attracted (but not sexually) to men, and you are a man, that means you are gay. But you are homo-asexual instead of homo-sexual. "Gay" does not specify sexual attraction. Even though most people assume you MUST be sexually attracted if you are attracted at all, and so gay MUST be sexually, it doesn'y not really suggest that at all. It implies an attraction to the same sex but does not say what kind. I am homo-asexual, a lesbian asexual. I do not have an inclination toward female companionship, I have good friends of both sexes and genders.

SomeoneElse

Without sexuality there would only be one gender. The ONLY reason why nature has created male and female is for reproduction. Not the other way around.

Without sexuality there would only be one gender. The ONLY reason why nature has created male and female is for reproduction. Not the other way around.

What does that have to do with being gay? Being gay is generally used as slang for homo-sexual but the fact is, look up homo-sexual. It shows SEXUAL interest only. Gay really doesn't say anything about what type of interest. It really means merry anyway.

I voted gay-asexual immediately and from habit - when I first started looking at Aven a few months ago I thought I might have to stop being a lesbian, wouldn't then know who to be at all, and might kind of disappear. I do still think we might mean different subjective things by this romantic attraction business, but I've been what I certainly considered "in love". I don't feel as romantic now older, a kind of contented spinsterishness has set in. My friends are a mixture, with some bias towards (very) assorted queers, and/or women of all orientations who went through 1970s feminism with me. Which proves almost nothing...

Asexual-asexual, definitely. But with a leaning to straight-asexual. If I were to be forced to have sex or a relationship with someone, it would most definately be with a member of the opposite sex. However, since I've never been attracted to anybody in my life, I can't really count myself towards anything else than asexual-asexual.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Adventuress Heart

I voted straight-asexual.. I'm pretty Aromantic but if I did form a relationship it would be with the opposite sex.

I voted Gay-Asexual, but I'm not sure completely of that even. Early in my life when I was not attracted to girls, I naturaly assumed that I was gay. I can build emotional bonds with women and men. That never seems to be enough though. Under the idea that I was a gay male that is how I spent most of my life. I identify with them much more. The uplifting part about this is that they just think I'm prude :lol:

Archived