1. 1.

• straight-asexual
    • gay-asexual
    • bi-asexual
    • asexual-asexual
    • other (changing attraction, etc..)

This poll is closed to new votes

I view myself as gay and asexual.

Hmm. For different sentiments regarding the stacking of terms, see the Language and Asexuality thread in the Philosophy and Politics forum.

• 1 year later...

I consider myself bi-asexual.... I usually think about guys more in a romantic sense (i.e., hugging, occasional kissing, exchanging romantic words and gestures), but I form very close attachments in real life with both sexes, more often with girls, and am more possessive, obsessive and clingy than average when it comes to my female friends.

I put other.

All romantic stuff has been with boys and I always automatically assume boys, but the way i described it to a friend was:

Once you get rid of the idea of sex there's not THAT much difference between liking girls or boys.

So I guess boys first, but I wouldn;t put girls out of the picture.

I'm a homoaesthete asexual; thus voted "gay-asexual".

I like long-haired and/or androgynous males, finding them aesthetically beautiful and emotionally alluring.

Bi-asexual I think. Once I realised that it's not about sex, I worked out that it doesn't matter who you form an emotional attachment to because it's not based on attraction to one sex or the other. Or that's my current thinking anyway.

I picked bi-asexual, only because I'm not sure what an asexual-asexual would be. Sounds kind of odd. So as I've never fallen in love before, it's hard to say who I'll fall in love with, or what my true orientation is. I'm pretty open to whomever that will be, so long as they're not mean to me. ^^

An asexuaL-asexual would be a person who is romantically interested in neither sex.

Cate

I guess that would make me asexual-asexual then. But like Ally said it does sound odd. I suppose it had to be included though.

I have to admit, ever since I found out about asexuality, I just assumed I was bi-asexual since I have no preference.

Don't you think a-a sounds a bit like being a D-type?

Live R Perfect
Love you ladies for romance and cuddles and stuff but no intercourse please.

:D I like the way you put that, Nicky. That's exactly how I feel. :wink:

Hmmmmm...

Well, I usually think of myself as straight.

But I'm starting to think that's just because it's the default orientation in out society.

I've never really been romantically interested in men at all. Or women, for that matter.

So....I'm not really sure...

• 2 weeks later...

Another a-a here. I've never felt romantically attracted to anyone, but I won't say that I never will.

As for men or women, even just on an acquaintance-friendship level I find it really depends on the individual person and not the gender or sex as to whether I'd like to get to know them better.

baa*baa*grey*sheep

I voted Straight-A. I haven't had a boyfriend but have been attracted to them before.

:D

Asexual-Asexual so real asexual...

for me it means that I don't be interrest on sex, i don't really feel attraction and that I'm not able to be in Love with somebody.

even you always talk about Romantic attraction or things like that but, (I'm french my english is not very good) i don't really understand what it's mean? you never talk about Love?

Voted "other" and with good reason.

I'm pan-asexual.

I'm all about the gender-bending, androgenous, don't-fit-neatly-into-either-sex kind of people. Or anyone else.

I dunno, I don't discriminate by what is or isn't between someone's legs.

I can write with both hands!

To a degree anyway hehe.

Me too.

I am strictly asexual. Here's my predicament... I've never been romantically attracted to anyone, ever. I've never desired the companionship of another person that goes deeper than friendship. Once, about four or five years ago, there was a guy at work that I liked. At first, I had no thoughts about him at all. As time went by, I thought that I liked him a little more than was usual for me. Nothing sexual of course, and I wasn't in love with him. We went out a few times, (the only time since I turned sixteen) that could be called "dating". Long story short, he finally told me that he had lost interest. I was disappointed, but I got over it. That was the only time I ever had interest in someone as maybe more than a friend. It didn't work out, and I doubt such a thing will ever happen again. (This is also the same guy who kissed me and I hated it. That's a another weird story.) Here's the thing that cofuses me the most though... whenever someone I was with would look at some guy going by, for instance, and they would say they thought he was hot, the most I could do was shrug when they looked to me to see if I agreed. I've never been able to look at a person and think, "Wow, he's/she's hot!" Then I watched a popular tv show, and for the first time think I understood what those people were talking about, because I saw one the stars and had a very unfamiliar feeling of, "Wow, they're hot!" (But not as in I wanted to sleep with them.) Anyway, things got complicated for me because this person is female. I gave this some thought, and decided it didn't really mean anything because it was based on a tv character, not a real person. However, it does puzzle me, as I've never had this reaction to a guy. I like to think that I can appreciate the beauty of objects, and people regardless of gender, without being attracted to them. I often think about this... but I suppose in order to make this feeling meaningful, it would require feeling it about a real person. So, when I say I don't like girls, it's true! But I don't like boys either, so... at any rate, that's why I chose other.

Straight a-sexual I guess. I don't really know at the moment I'm still working things out but I would say I'm happy with straight-a.

I don't rule anything out though.

SpinningIdolStar

Straight Asexual.

I am physically attracted to men, I see the beautiful parts about them (both physically and mentally), but I feel no real desire to even kiss them, much less have sex with them.

I'd much rather become close friends with all the guys I'm 'crushing' on, then take the title girlfriend, which has (for me) such a stigma attached.

-Trey

My vote is more in line with the a-a grouping as I'm neither sexually or romantically attracted either gender.

Although I've had a couple of close emotional bonding type of partnerships, thats mainly been due to the nature of those particular encounters and the depth of the friendship involved. It was fun while it lasted, but hard work to sustain. It did however serve to confirm that I wouldn't seek to be in a permanent relationship.

Nope, I like to chat to, and get to know people on the basis of friendship. Gender doesn't enter the equation and neither does considering them as a potential partners.

Brian

Carsonspire

I voted asexual-asexual, although this could change. I've never been romantically attracted to anyone, but if I were ever to settle down with one partner, it would most likely be with another woman.

Archived