1. 1.

• straight-asexual
    • gay-asexual
    • bi-asexual
    • asexual-asexual
    • other (changing attraction, etc..)

This poll is closed to new votes

Cate Perfect

Wouldn't that be the asexual-asexual option?

Cate

Possibly e Cate-

but I am not (ahem) attuned to other asexuals

and I am not asexual-straight.

Equals not = asexual/asexual-

ur, I think?

(Well, in lieu of any other enlightenment, I am quite sure.)

Cate Perfect

Straight-asexual means asexual but romantically/emotionally attracted to the opposite sex. Gay-asexual means romantically/emotionally attracted to the same sex, etc.

I was never certain what the 'other' option was to mean.

Cate

'Other' = o me basically!

Weirdoes. Thingoes. People on the fringes. Quite nice people who do not exploit anybody else and *hate*/resent being exploited by sexual people.

Creators/creatives. Me/I/ahau-

artemisbrowndeer

I replied to the poll as 'other', or changing, attraction, but lesbian asexual is probably the most accurate. When I first started dating, I never thought lesbian was an option, but my relationships with males were always unsatisfactory and ended badly. I have been married. About 8 years ago, I met a woman who asked me if I had ever thought that I was gay, and we eventually became a couple and were together for 4 years. That relationship was the most comfortable and loving that I've ever had. We broke up 4 years ago, and I haven't had a partner since. I do want to have someone in my life, a partner, but I have absolutely no desire for sex. I miss the feeling of loving someone, of closeness, of emotional support and sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually that's a good question a good question, because exactly one year ago i WAS bisexual, and today i really cannot put my finger on my sexuality anymore. It tends to fluctuate like a rollercoaster, that's why i voted "other". On somedays i feel straight, on others gay, then bi, on others totally asexual and then autosexual and god knows what else.

Does anyone else experience a similar rollercoaster-ride?

Change that "one year" for two and that's how I feel. The only difference is that it seems to go for "periods" of time, not days... They can last a week, a month or even a year, it's kind of crazy!

If anyone asks, I'd still say bisexual, but I know my interest on sex is "low" to say the highest :roll:

Hmmm...I think I'm maybe a "confused asexual"?

I think I might like to have a relationship someday, if I met someone I really clicked with. I don't know if that "someone" would be male or female, or if it would matter. Maybe this would make me a "bi-asexual", except that seems to imply romantic interest in both sexes, where I'm not sure I have an interest in either (but I'm also not sure I don't!)

Almost all the people (friends) who I've felt strong "emotional attachments" to have been women. I think I would probably be most emotionally compatible with a woman. I've never had any kind of physical desire for a woman, but I do occasionally find myself "noticing" women's bodies on television, etc. I'm not sure if that's a sexual thing, or asthetic, or just a reflection of the fact that I'm envious of women who have perfect figures (which I have to admit I am).

OTOH, I guess I'd have to say that when I imagine myself doing anything "physical" with someone (cuddling, kissing, etc.), I tend to imagine doing it with a man before a woman. And the type of sex that seems the "least unappealing" to me is heterosexual (vaginal) sex -- it's the only type of sex that I can even theoretically imagine potentially enjoying (although I don't have any particular desire for it). However, all this could just be the mindset I developed growing up in a culture where pretty much everyone is assumed to be heterosexual, and where I assumed I "must be" heterosexual through most of my teen years (since I didn't have any romantic attractions to women to disprove that theory).

Anyway, sorry for the rambling! Don't know if any of that makes sense to anyone or not!

Red Phoenix

Straight more than anything. Do sometimes find females sort of attractive, but I don't think enough so to really slide over to category Bi. Think I'd be more likely to have a romantic attachment to a guy overall. Though it's unlikely I'd get beyond a friendship with either.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked other by default, I suppose. I don't understand the question. Are we implying some kind of pair bond here? I generally like people. Care deeply for a many of them. Unconditionally love not a few. Sexual preference, gender and species are irrelevant.

I consider myself pansexual. There's really not much difference between pansexual and bisexual, but I like the sound of it anyway, and bisexual seems a bit cut-and-dried. Bisexual says 'I like men and I like women'; pansexual says 'I like who I like, thank you very much'.

I do lean a little more towards men than woman, but I won't hesitate to voice my appreciation for a woman if I find one attractive or interesting.

Princess Brat

asexual-asexual I do like some people but I'm not attracted romatically to anyone. Never really been. I can love people but not in that way.

Other (changing attraction)

I used to be women (lesbian) orentated, now I find men far more pleasing in a chummy way than in the past.

I voted other because my sexuality's always open to change. My only serious crushes (that's all two of them) have been for guys, so I'd mostly identify with the straight side of things. However, I'm not particularly bothered either way. It changes depending on my mood, really.

I guess bi-asexual. Most of my silly schoolgirl crushes in the past few years have been on girls, but when it comes to historical figures and fictional characters I tend to be more interested in guys.

Wild Seven

I am at roller coaster. Changing sexuality and asexuality, both deeply rooted in my psyche. I used to be straight, straight asexual, bi, lesbian, lesbian asexual, pansexual, asexual-asexual, the labels won't last. It all was part of my experiences, my memories are that creates me, my memories are something so deep within, so bits of it are still somewhere in myself... Just now I am asexual aromantic aesthetic omni, I don't care about genders or sexes either.............I just look. Ask me one month later and you'll hear another option:)

a-a. Unless there's a fetish-a category, which there ain't.

Not to worry, there's a couple threads floating around on fetishes.... you're not the only one.

I've always considered myself as 'straight' I have always been able to see what men might see in another woman. Although basically a 'lone wolf' I do occasionally crave company, however although needing the close physical contact of cuddling, sex is an overrated past time, useful only for procreation. I've never tried cuddling another woman, perhaps I'd find it satisfying.

girl_no_13

Im a bi asexual, at the moment leaning towards gay I suppose, mostly I just want affection, Im a bit of an attention seeker like that....

I guess I would classify myself as asexual-asexual, since I'm not attracted to either gender.

LisaRochell

I'm not one for labels, but I chose a-a. I've never had a sexual or romantic interest in anyone. I do have close emotional bonds, but that is honestly dependent on the depth of friendship. It's what felt right at the time, but I don't seek to maintain these things, just to enjoy it as it happens. :)

• 2 weeks later...
cutenycgirl20
Bi-asexual. Probably leaning a little towards queer.

Me too. I'm pretty much asthetically attracted to EVERY woman out there. I don't know. I just think that women are beautiful... there's just something about femininity that is sexy. But... I'm not sexually attracted to women.

I thought I was gay for a while, because I had tried hooking up with guys, and didn't really enjoy it. So then I made out with a few girls that I thought were really pretty - but I didn't feel that sexual *spark* AT ALL. It was the same as kissing boys. I still felt *nothing*.

So then I was like "Ok... I'm bisexual, since I'm not sexually attracted to one gender more than the other." But then, I finally realized that I'm not sexually attracted to EITHER gender. But I am asthetically and emotionally attracted to both sexes (but women more).

So yes, I am bi-asexual. That feels right. But I sure as hell can't imagine explaining it to my sexual friends...

I voted S-A, because if I were to ever have a relationship, it would only be with a man (sorry, ladies!).

Archived