Am I Bi-Romantic? O.o

BringinAsexyBack

BringinAsexyBack

Ok, so first off, let me just say that I DEFINITELY like guys.

That's the only thing I know for sure at this point.

So I'm just sitting in science class, doin' some paper on plate tectonics or some shit that I don't entirely understand, and I lean over and put my head on my best friend's arm (who is a chick) as I skim through this section in the book.

All of a sudden, my brain goes, "You should just bend your head down and kiss her arm."

Hmm, ok, that sounds like a good ide--WHAT, NO, UM.

So I'm really confused. I tried to picture myself dating her and I can't--I mean, apparently I'm all for kissing her in the middle of class (Somethin' bout plate tectonics just gets me going, I guess) but I don't want to be in a relationship with her. I think. I don't know--I don't know if I do. It's JUST HER. It's not like I go around and check out chicks all the time--I DON'T--I just want to make out with my best friend. Awesome.

Sigh. Am I bi-romantic? Can you tell? Cuz I can't. :/

Heya! :D

Biromantic would be an acceptable label for it, unless you don't feel that fits you. You could just have felt that urge based on a strong friendship connection you have with her, nearly like a sister? Admittedly, most sisters don't kiss-- But, urges are awfully strange things to define. Because it's just with her and not other girls, it could just be a particular attraction to her, rather than to her sex/gender.

tumblr_m96xeegedu1qitz6do1_500.jpg

Also, have some cake, welcome to AVEN. ^_^ Hope that helped, and I hope you enjoy it here.

BringinAsexyBack

Siiiiiiigh. I dunno. I mean, that happened on...Monday, I think, and then I was really confused and "had a crush" (for lack of a better term because I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M FEELING *sobs) on her until Thursday, and then I was like, "Pfft, no wayyyy." And then JUST NOW I was like, "I should tell her that I like her--I LIKE HER, WHAT?!"

Part of me thinks that it's has to do with me not even having a crush on anyone for like a year (which is unheard of for me) that I'm completely misinterpreting my emotions and making them something they're not.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh WHY CAN'T FEELINGS BE STRAIGHTFORWARD.

Cimmerian

You could be, and if you are then that particular side of your sexuality may just be extremely specific. (I've started thinking our sexuality sometimes decides to be slightly more fluid than it was before, but only in limited ways or with limited other individuals.)

Like the sayings you hear about "I'm not gay, I'm only interested in *guy's name*".

I'm bi/poly romantic and your story reminds me a bit of the circumstances of the first girl I had a crush on. I suddenly became interested in her, and had never even looked at another girl that way before but eventually I noticed I was watching other females later on even if I didn't want to kiss them like I did the first girl.

I've also wanted to kiss a few of my close friends before, but not make out with them unless I had a more-than-friendly interest in them somehow. So take that as you will.

Hope you find the answers you're looking for, I know trying to figure yourself out in circumstances like that is extremely confusing when you don't know exactly what "qualifies" or what would make you certain if you haven't felt that way your whole life. ^^;

BringinAsexyBack

You could be, and if you are then that particular side of your sexuality may just be extremely specific. (I've started thinking our sexuality sometimes decides to be slightly more fluid than it was before, but only in limited ways or with limited other individuals.)

Like the sayings you hear about "I'm not gay, I'm only interested in *guy's name*".

I'm bi/poly romantic and your story reminds me a bit of the circumstances of the first girl I had a crush on. I suddenly became interested in her, and had never even looked at another girl that way before but eventually I noticed I was watching other females later on even if I didn't want to kiss them like I did the first girl.

I've also wanted to kiss a few of my close friends before, but not make out with them unless I had a more-than-friendly interest in them somehow. So take that as you will.

Hope you find the answers you're looking for, I know trying to figure yourself out in circumstances like that is extremely confusing when you don't know exactly what "qualifies" or what would make you certain if you haven't felt that way your whole life. ^^;

....That....was beautiful.

BringinAsexyBack

Ok, I'll be completely honest: I kinda wonder if I'm just being stubborn and all this confusion is because I REFUSE to be bi-romantic. All my friends at school call me a lesbian (semi-jokingly) and one of them is convinced that one day I'm gonna wake up and realize that I like chicks. I kinda wonder if I just refuse to prove them right.

BUT on the other hand, I'm also wavering on whether or not I even LIKE HER LIKE THAT. Like, sometimes I'll be like "I would date you in a heartbeat" and other times it's like, "Omg, I don't like you like that, that's preposterous."

I just ahhhhhhhhhhh.

• 2 weeks later...

This may or may not help, but perhaps it's a squish/platonic crush? Squishes are confusing as hell. If you don't know what a squish is, basically it feels like you like someone, when in truth you actually just want to be much closer friends. (Nyu implied this without using the said term.)

Anyway, I've actually been quite confused about my romantic orientation too. Maybe I'm just telling myself that the girl I "fancy" is just my squish when in fact she is my crush after all, which would make me homo/biromantic instead of aromantic like I think I am. I do sometimes unintentionally think of dating and kissing her. But right now, I'm trying to keep my distance so I can stop thinking about her all the time. I just want it all to stop. This is the second time this happened, and I don't like it one bit.

So,...yeah. I know how you feel, and I wish you luck.

Archived