Hello, my name is Allie and

AllieLeanza

AllieLeanza

I'm asexual. >_<

Whew, that took a while the really type out. :wacko: I'm a little nervous, but hopefully I'll make some like minded friends here.

Here's how I found myself here, for those interested:

I just recently began questioning my sexuality after I acquired a boyfriend. I thought he was cute and funny, but I didn't want to kiss him or do any physical things past holding hands. He broke up with me within a month. I felt terrible, but also super relieved. Like, I didn't have to worry about kissing him anymore and I didn't have the scary inevitability of sex over my head.

I never really questioned my straightness before that. Like, I find guys nice looking, I just don't really want to bang them. I thought that was pretty normal. But what scared me was that even when I had a connection with my then bf, I just didn't want anything physical. I thought that I would get the sexual attraction after the emotional connection, but it just was not happening.

So I thought maybe I was gay? Girls are super pretty to look at after all. Truthfully though, I didn't feel any sexual attraction towards anyone. I was super confused and depressed. I kept thinking that I wanted to be normal. I wanted to be sexually attracted to somebody! I vaguely knew what asexual was, but it seemed too scary.

Recently, I found myself looking into asexuality more, and I'm beginning to embrace my asexuality. It just feels good to know I'm not the only one like this.

Sorry for the essay. I'll be super impressed if anyone reads it all.

Hi and welcome!!! Your intro was not too essay ish at all...it was just right. I think you will like it here, there are definitely people who feel as you do and just really would rather not do the sex thing (others will for a partner, or to have a baby, or other external desires, but yeah, it's not connected to sexual attraction). So we welcome people with cake and I think it's time for that now! :) This cake is really fancy...

c6ioPz5.jpg

Hi Allie! Welcome, your post wasn't essayish or too long or anything. I'm sorry you had such a hard time with your boyfriend, but I am glad you found your way to Aven. I knew about asexuality a couple of years before I embraced it, I felt like you did - it was scary and asexuals are only 1% of the population... could I really fit into that 1%? Aven has been awesome, the people are fantastic!

cakes.jpg

Sorry to copy you Lady Girl, I just wanted to look for fancy cakes... and this one has a starfish!

Arctic_Revenge

Welcome to AVEN! Glad to see you type it out! Must feel pretty good, ya? :D

Have some cake!! :cake:

Welcome!

Welcome! :)

(wow your post could almost have been written by me...)

You really didn't type that much compared to a lot of people... I guess because for many, it's their first time talking about their asexuality to other people? So they have a lot bottled up that they want to say :P

AllieLeanza

So much cake! :o

Thank you for the welcomes.

I guess I didn't write as much as I thought. :redface: I'm a little shy so it felt like I wrote a ton.

Please save room for another piece of 'traditional cake'.

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: :)

Archived