Attracted to feminine (but not necessarily female) people

Tenebre

Is there a word for a romantic who is attracted to people who are feminine but not necessarily female? My attraction (which isn't exactly romantic but let's leave that out of the equation) is towards women and effeminate men for the most part. I know the term gynoromantic but that's for the attraction to people who identify as female. I can be attracted to men who identify as male but act closer to androgynous or female. Maybe a chart can clear up what I'm talking about... Please excuse the stereotypical colors, I'm merely trying to get my point across.

YEMeLSY.jpg?2?3358

Thoughts?

I've never encountered a word for that, but it's not something terribly unusual. I've talked to many people like that when it comes to attraction. I'm a little bit different. I'm attracted to "masculine" women and "feminine" men for the most part. It's just how my attraction works. For me, I'm much more comfortable with people that don't fit the traditional gender roles nor the traditional gender identity. It's possibly because of my gender identity, but I don't know. I just know how I am.

Are you attracted to femininity in other people, or in yourself as well? If you are attracted to the idea of yourself as a woman, you could be an autogynphile, or an autoerotic autogynaphile if you were born female.

Arctic_Revenge

I don't know if there's a word for "attraction to femininity". That's a good question.

I adore feminine men, and I am a masculine/androgynous female. I don't really care for girly girls, but for some reason pretty, shy, petite guys that bake and teach kindergarten are irresistible to me. They're up there on the cute-scale with box-o-homeless-kittens. *Huggles*

@Arawn I have a friend with a similar attraction spectrum as yours, it sounds like this sort of attraction certainly isn't rare. Another romantic term I'd like to know/label is attraction to people who are more androgynous or don't fit the traditional gender roles. I'd add that to my growing list of labels.

@Phoebe I'm perfectly happy being cis-female and don't find myself unattractive but I don't think I'm autoromantic. It's really other people.

@Arctic_Revenge Sounds like my sort of man :D I don't really like extremes one way or the other but I'll go further towards feminine people than masculine. People who have a mix of both are top on my list in terms of attraction, I think I'm just more comfortable with feminine people because I was raised around a bunch of women and very few men.

If there is a term for people who are attracted to femme-of-center people who aren't necessarily female-identified, than it certainly fits me, as well! I am attracted to androgynous/unconventionally feminine people, regardless of sex or gender, and totally alright with that! Too much on either end of the gender binary just doesn't do it for me, and I"m a sucker for people who aren't afraid to stand out and just be themselves, so that certainly helps.

Azure.Providence

Sounds like we need to do some wordsmithing.

I think gyneromantic fits. It means being attracted to female-gendered people, yes, but I suppose it could also work to indicate attraction to people who present female, because it still counts as gender expression (which is different from gender identity, but still plays a part in the individual's attraction).

I think gyneromantic fits. It means being attracted to female-gendered people, yes, but I suppose it could also work to indicate attraction to people who present female, because it still counts as gender expression (which is different from gender identity, but still plays a part in the individual's attraction).

I can be attracted to men, though, as long as they're on the more feminine side of the masculine scale. They can completely identify with being male but be smaller, closer to a female build, dress slightly feminine, things like that.

Sounds like we need to do some wordsmithing.

It's starting to sounds like it! Anyone know a good wordsmith? Also, how does one go about getting a new label accepted? I have a feeling this is sorta going to be like getting the Constitution amended... ;)

There was a similar question asked not long ago. There isn't a proper word for it, but I think calls it FemmeRomantic. I suppose the masculine equivalent would be ButchRomantic.

@Arawn I have a friend with a similar attraction spectrum as yours, it sounds like this sort of attraction certainly isn't rare. Another romantic term I'd like to know/label is attraction to people who are more androgynous or don't fit the traditional gender roles. I'd add that to my growing list of labels.

The closest I can find to that is panromantic which encompasses everybody regardless of gender identification and sex. I just have a certain quirk in that I prefer what I stated above. I consider myself panromantic because it's not like I won't date people who identify within the gender binary, it's just I have a preference (kind of like if people have a preference for a certain eye color).

banana monkey

deleted post.

Purnkin Spurce

I thought I was the only one. I find myself drawn to feminie men and women. I'm attracted to women romantically, but now I know it's a little more flexiable because I have this weird attraction or preference for feminine men.

Archived