Does anyone Think They Could Remain a Virgin For Life?

N7_Paladin

Nico-Nico Friendo

Easy. And I probably will.

Grace Barton

I am a virgin, and though I have been immensely curious over the years I have never been interested or had the chance to act upon it. Despite my curiosity I don't see any particular need to lose my virginity, and it would not bother me to remain one for the rest of my days. If I can live to 27 and be a virgin, then the rest of my life is easy.

Yes, it seems pretty simple just don't have sex and "virgin" forever. Its even simpler if you have no interest in actually partaking in sex. Also the idea that no sex makes you innocent and lots of sex doesn't makes me severely repulsed ewwww

Janus the Fox
Probably, but it don't matter to me either way if I kept it or lost it. I don't see it's significance really...
littlegreybird

I've always wanted to find someone who suits me. That one day I'd find someone to connect with, and since, theoretically, sex always seemed appealing, have sex, even if for curiosity's sake. But it hasn't happened for 31 years.

Then again I have met people to connect with, who haven't been partners in a romantic sense either. Without really thinking about it, I think I've gone off the partner idea. There are other things in life so I'm not that bothered about having sex or having a partner.

Definitely. The idea of sex to me just doesn't sound good. And I don't know if I'd ever be able to meet someone that I loved enough to try compromising with. So it's a possibility for me that I wouldn't mind actually happening.

At this point in my life (I just turned 43) I find it highly likely that I will remain a virgin for the rest of my life. The closest I ever came to losing it was when I was 24, but I abstained mostly for fear of becoming pregnant. I used to see virginity as an albatross around my neck but now I really don't care anymore. The only time it could become an issue for me is if I found myself with an ideal opportunity to have sex (grey-A here so once in a blue moon I have found myself sexually attracted to someone, and I suppose it could happen again) - then it could be a great liability unless I chose to not reveal it to a potential sex partner.

The only thing I may think about once my life has reached its end is simply that my curiosity was never satisfied; that i never did get to experience that thing that seems to make the world go around for most sexuals. But then again, quite a few people have tried it and found it to be un-full-filling and not what it's cracked up to be. And I will also probably wonder about many things in life that I never got around to doing, and places I never visited. After all, you generally can't experience everything you want to in life and I'm sure everyone at the end of their life has things they never tried or places they never went, some may regret that or simply consider it a curiosity unsatisfied.

SophieStars

I could definitely be a virgin for life. That was actually how I used to think of myself, before I discovered the term asexual.

Well; unless I eventually find some non-ace that I'm really meant to be with, and that leads to a situation that needs some compromise in marriage, I would be perfectly happy to abstain from sex forever. The act itself just has no appeal to me whatsoever; feels very unnatural and doesn't seem to bring any real pleasure.

Hmmm, that's a tough one... I dread remaining a virgin for life, since I want to have kids at some point. But I can't possibly imagine myself having sex... So I think I could. But I'd regret it.

anon_anonymous

i would imagine the curiosity would get you in a way.

when i was a teen, i somehow believed that sex would be more pleasurable than auto-eroticism. well i can understand people that claim that it is, but only in a romantic / arrogant way.

28 years down, 92 left to go*

based on my projected life expectancy of 120. possible margin of error +/- 92 years

gilnokoibito

Almost 23...still a virgin and have every intention of staying one because the thoughts of me having sex with someone isn't only dis-interesting to me...but downright terrifying. I really don't ever want anything to do with it.

Almost definitely. I had a girlfriend once-upon-a-time and became well practiced at finding reasons not to have sex. Classics include "I love this episode of Stargate!" and "But I'm eating hot cheetos!". (This was years ago. I didn't know why the heck I didn't want sex. Kind of sucky I wasn't able to explain it to her.)

probably will. I don't think sex is worth the risk of pregnancy or STDs. And I doubt I'll get more peer pressure over it than not getting a driver's license.

If I hadn't met someone I'd cared to have a relationship with, I could easily have just stayed single for life and as such, never had any need to even think about losing my virginity. I was never curious enough to try and if I do it at all it's pretty much just to make my current relationship work. If this relationship doesn't work, I don't see me pursuing another one. I wasn't looking for one before and that hasn't really changed. It just sort of happened this time. If it weren't for my relationship though I could easily have gone my life as a single virgin, no regrets. XP

I know I can keep my V-Card for life. That definitely has to do with the fact that I find sex and sexual things to be extremely gross, and could never bring myself to do that stuff (I can't even think of myself doing that.)

But that's just me! I don't mean to sound harsh or anything. :)

I probably will be for life. I see no reason to have sex and I don't see myself ever seeking it out. I'm trying to have a baby with IVF, and I guess if it works I'll have a virgin birth, which amuses me a little.

crime_fighting_kitten

Definitely. I've had a few experience and found myself doing the shopping list or planning a chapter in my head. I could stay a virgin for the rest of my life because sex isn't something important to me. Simples.

Well, I'm 47, and have never had sex, so why start now???

Guest Melmoth.

Its not so much that I have a problem with spending the rest of my life a virgin, more so spending the rest of my life alone. I used to think those two things go hand in hand. If I found another gay asexual man to live with/have a relationship with that would be great.

ya i think i could. It may be challenging from time to time with the pressures of society though.

Sure. I am 35, and never had sex, never even been naked with another person. I don't plan having sex. If it happens, that will be totally unexpected.

Nomad in Stasis

I can easily remain a virgin for life, unless i was promised a trampoline. those things are totally worth losing it for.

Of course I could and will!

bookishfreak

I'm not a virgin, but I would be content to be one forever.

Archived