Does anyone Think They Could Remain a Virgin For Life?

N7_Paladin

Absolutely. I made it 24 years, and it is very unlikely that I'll live until 100....so, I'm already over the 25% mark of my lifespan.

it scares me and i do not like it a single bit. i avoid it to the best of my ability and am sort of against it. well against may be a bit harsh. -4 harshness for against.

I can, and certainly will.

I think so...I've got this far (26 years), so like dasboot says, I'm a decent way along. :lol:

I'm not really too bothered either way. Sometimes I think it would be nice to try it, but other times I think I'd really rather not. There have been offers/opportunities before, but I've always politely turned them down.

I am Sherlocked

I could of and was doing well, (I'm 22) but then someone interesting came into my life and it felt like it would eventually become a problem if I didn't do it. I kind of regret it, but that isn't gonna change things. At least I know what sex really is and what it feels like and I know that I'm not really missing anything special. Perhaps that deeper connection that people feel when they're in the moment, but eh. Oh well.

Taikoluigi

That's the plan!

I'd brag my age, but 24.5 year-old virgin just doesn't sound that impressive to me.

RaccoonEyes

I have always said that if I was in a relationship with someone who felt they needed it, I would try. And if one day I feel like trying it just for myself, I will, but unless either of those scenarios arise, I will die a virgin.

Although, I personally consider virginity more a state of mind than anything else, as I have nothing to give away and nothing that can be taken from me through the act of sex.

soulmatevn

I am a virgin now but I am not sure for future. Although I don't need sex, I am always curious about what ́s having sex like. Sometimes, the curiosity is really big.

That can be easily done. My only difficulty is whether I want to live alone or not but I can maintain my virginity very easily.

I am currently at 28 and a virgin do I care? I don't. Would I care if others knew? No and got no problem with telling others. Will I remain one? Maybe. Do I want to be one? Don't care either way. Life offers many things and sex has never been a priority for me.

Exactly this.

I am currently at 28 and a virgin do I care? I don't. Would I care if others knew? No and got no problem with telling others. Will I remain one? Maybe. Do I want to be one? Don't care either way. Life offers many things and sex has never been a priority for me.

Exactly this.
Ditto if it happens cool if it doesn't thats fine aswell
N7_Paladin

Wow a lot more people than I initially thought, but then again I s'pose every asexuals desire or most asexuals goal is to hang on to their virginity, I do agree though about peoples concerns about living alone I myself find that troubling if I could find one or two aces and got to know them and build platonic relationships with them and live together and have chilled dvd nights and boozy nights that'd be cool haha

Maybe, I couldn't say.

I'm not naive enough to say I will.

I could do it easily if the decision remained mine alone, however if a partner wanted to "do the deed" I would probably agree to make them happy since I'm indifferent towards sex rather than against it

sound_the_bugle

I could. Don't think it would bother me much. But I also wouldn't mind if I weren't a virgin for life.

Mostly Peaceful Ryan

The honest truth is I am pretty sure I would be happy remaining a virgin my entire life however I am just a curious person so I don't think it would be possible.

I would love to remain virgin for life! Yay!

1/100 of me

Sex weirds me out. I don't mean that the act of sex is weird, just that I couldn't imagine myself in that scenario.

Yes, I think so, easily. However, it is nothing that I am really concerned about. If I would have reason to give up my virginity, I wouldn't mind. Just that I didn't see any reason up to now, apart from light curiousity.

Actually, I don't really care. Personally speaking, I find this question even a bit annoying. It feels for me as if someone asks me if I am planning never to visit Lascaux Caves. :P I mean, what's so important about it?

I think I could remain one for life, yes. I'm sex-repulsed, so engaging it in just for the sake of curiosity, is probably not strong enough to overcome my extreme aversion to the whole thing. It'd be like eating a scorpion for the sake of curiosity. Also, I really like being a virgin, I feel spiritually whole. It's hard to explain that feeling, but I guess it makes sense, since if I view sex as repulsive, I'm obviously going to feel whole and clean by not engaging in it.

The only way I'd end up experiencing sex is if I had a sexual partner that really wanted me to do it (of course, rape is also a way, but lets hope that that never presents itself!). I had a potential boyfriend awhile ago, and I kept wondering to myself if I would have sex with him if he wanted to, and I honestly couldn't make myself do it in my head. There is a high probability that I would hate it, and if I hated it, it might have changed my perception of him and possibly change my perception of my own self/body, and I really dont think I'd be able to take that risk....

RomanticPurity

Yes. Only way I could lose my virginity would be rape.

apparentlyalone

I love the idea of sex, it sounds wonderful and exciting. However, as a non-libidoist, I have absolutely no interest in ever having sex. So yes, I could remain a virgin for the rest of my life, and I most definitely believe that I will.

The only person in my entire life that I'd have even considered losing my virginity to was a celibate/possible asexual, and only if he'd ever asked me (and he was equally happy in his own lifestyle), so...yeah. After almost thirty years, I'm more than happy to stay a virgin. I don't feel any pressure or desire to change that.

AharonVenNreth

I could but I won't because I someday want to have biological children. 6 of them. :3

Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Certainly don't see why not. I'm not particularly interested in it and do not want children, so it seems likely enough.

I think Epitaksor nailed it with his Lascaux Caves metaphor though - it of course is a possible life experience that could hypothetically happen, but not anything to which I've given that much serious consideration. But, yeah, I'm not really driven towards it, not something I feel I must do by any means.

part of me wants to know I at least tried it once, part of me doesn't think it would work under any circumstances. a different part of me is ethically opposed unless I get marriaged

Squirrel Combat

I smell a wager here, everybody! :P .

I might be able to, or might not. :twisted:

Archived