Does anyone Think They Could Remain a Virgin For Life?

N7_Paladin

I could. I mean, I'm 26 and the thought of going to rest of my life and never having sex doesn't bother me in the least bit. I'm repulsed by the idea of sex, so that helps a bit.

Now, do I PLAN to stay a virgin the rest of my life? That depends on what happens in my life. I've done made the compromise with my boyfriend that if we get married one day then I'll sleep with him. But I'm only suffering through that shit if I'm married to the person.

I think if you lack any interest what so ever then it's probably easier to be a virgin. You tend to just not care. Of course, that just my opinion. I'm probably WAY off base.

I don't care if other people are virgins or not, its their body and their life. I won't judge them.

But for me, personally, being a virgin is showing pride and self controle.

If my sexual orientation doesn't change, I think it'll be pretty easy.

I mean, I don't even have to think about it.

Ideally, that's the plan, unless I happen to fall into a relationship where my girl insists on trying it knowing it would just be the one time.

bluejeanjirl

I just went to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginity where it starts out with:

"Virginity is the state of a person who has never engaged in sexual intercourse."

Now, assuming that you go to the Wikipedia page linked above and read all of the first 3 paragraphs of explanation, AND also assuming that, by "virgin" you mean a person who has never experienced sexual penetration with another living being.....

then yes, a person can remain a 'virgin' for their entire life,..... that does not mean no experience at all, but all as one single person with no other person present......

I just went to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginity where it starts out with:

"Virginity is the state of a person who has never engaged in sexual intercourse."

Now, assuming that you go to the Wikipedia page linked above and read all of the first 3 paragraphs of explanation, AND also assuming that, by "virgin" you mean a person who has never experienced sexual penetration with another living being.....

then yes, a person can remain a 'virgin' for their entire life,..... that does not mean no experience at all, but all as one single person with no other person present......

passionatefriend61

I can and I will.

Grumpy Alien

I'd rather not but I definitely could - easily. While I have an emotional desire, there's no urge so I wouldn't be withholding.

I'm a virgin and I could easily stay one forever. When I was about 14, I used to have problems with dying before losing my virginity, but nowadays I'm find with it. I have no urge to have sex at all.

At 52 years of age, I haven't ever had sex with a man and I expect it will remain that way for the rest of my life, but I have had sex with a woman.

But remaining a Virgin is of no importance to me one way or the other. I may end up being a Heterosexual Virgin for life but it won't be out of any purposeful goal to do it.

Cathy

silvernlilac

Yes I could and will do. I will probably be quite happy to die a virgin to be honest, I think it would almost be a bit of an achievement, as weird as that sounds

Seems like the path of least resistance to me.

I'm lucky enough to have no need to prostitute myself. I'm past the age where rape is even vaguely likely. And while I had a fairly intense curiousity about it when I was younger, the more I've heard the less curious I've gotten. I'm past the age where my peers bother to try to convince me to date. I have no desire to have sex, so there's no issue of self control. I never get drunk or intoxicated.

If at some point I decided I wanted to go and have sex with somebody, I'm sure I could find somebody. And if I decided I really really really wanted to be in a relationship then maybe I'd have to figure out how to do it even though I don't want it. I think I could probably do it.

But my bet is that I will never have a two-person sexual experience.

I'm not a virgin, but I could have easily remained one for the rest of my life.

Flowers and Ghosts

I'm a virgin currently, and although I identify as asexual, I do still experience arousal and masturbate (without the urge to seek sexual relationships) so, I think I'd like to try sex at least once just to have the experience. It would have to be under very specific circumstances, though!

Exactly this!

the more I've heard the less curious I've gotten.

beachbabe

Yes! I am a virgin and could easily remain one for my entire life!

Anyone at all could remain a virgin for life; perhaps you mean to ask if anyone wants to?

Melodic Equation

I am currently at 28 and a virgin do I care? I don't. Would I care if others knew? No and got no problem with telling others. Will I remain one? Maybe. Do I want to be one? Don't care either way. Life offers many things and sex has never been a priority for me.

Eh, I probably could have had I discovered asexuality early on in my teens. I'm very content now, at 28, with the knowledge that I really don't ever want or need to have sex again for any reason (no devil's spawn kids for me, thanks :D)

integralx

I certainly don't have a desire to have sex, but I guess I would do it if I found someone I care about enough to do it with. I would also like to have kids some day, so there is that

br0wneyed-babe

Well I'm not a virgin, but I very easily could have stayed one my entire life. Incredibly easily, without giving the slightest shit.

Ahaha! Same here. I wouldn't mind a sexless life. Been there, done that, didn't like it, never again please!

TeddyMiller

I expect to remain a virgin for life, since I'm a 54-year-old virgin now, and I'm not even bothering to date anymore.

I guess innocence is a word you hear fairly regularly in context of virginity, but I don't think I can agree to that. ;)

I absolutely agree with this; there may be correlation, but that does not guarantee causation! I'm a virgin, and have no qualms about staying that way, but I would hardly call myself innocent. In fact, since I have a lot of academic interest in sex and sexuality, I actually know more about bodies, sex, etc. than a lot of people I know who are not virgins.

I'm not a virgin, and probably going to go a bit against the curve here...

I don't think I could have remained one. Not because I needed sex or was embaressed, but because I was curious. I know you don't need to do it to discover your asexuality, but for me I feel it was an important step on the path to finding this site and discovering asexuality.

Because I'd had sex, realised that my thoughts of it hadn't changed to suddenly wanting it all the time. Later on I'd talked to friends and found out I'd gone a so called unreasonably long time without sex and still couldn't care less for it.

I know this may seem like I'm supporting those horrid people that say you just need to experience it first, but I don't mean that others need to. Just that for me it was an important and necessary step. And from here on I'm not fussed about having sex again.

Just wanted to put forward my experience as it seems to be some what different to others :)

Absolutely! The thought of losing my virginity is horrible! However... I'll always keep open minded. Perhaps I'm just a really really late bloomer :P

For this night and all the nights to come. :-)

I'm an aro-ace, so I guess I could keep my virginity without even trying.

Archived