Does anyone Think They Could Remain a Virgin For Life?

N7_Paladin

Curious for your thoughts

Touchofinsight

Easily but I don't already qualify since I have had a few too many experiences but if we qualified it as the rest of my life (currently 26) then i'd still say easily yes.

There is a small part of me that is curious to try it being a virgin myself at 23 but at the same time there is also the part that is telling me not to as I find the act of Intercourse pointless our society today is so driven by sex that we've lost focus on the more important things in life. Some of the most influental and respected people in recorded history also died virgins as well i.e. Nikola Tesla, Issac Newton, Joan of Arc, Queen Elizabeth the 1st. Anyone think they'd be able to go their whole life being a virgin and die proudly taking that secret to their grave?

I personally have no interest in doing the deed, and while curious about a lot of things in life, "what sex is like" is not one of them.

I would gladly go my whole life being a virgin, but I'd probably spill the secret at some point, or I'd be on my deathbed and yell "Success!"

I think I could and I probably will.

Azure.Providence

I think it's very easy to remain a virgin if you not looking for sex. Just like it's very easy to never go base jumping, skydiving, motorcycle riding, tap dancing, and lots and lots of other activities if you never had an inclination to do these things.

AzureProvidence I couldn't agree more you should never feel pressured into doing something you don't like

I plan to be, because I never want kids and those would be the only reason for me to partake in sexual activity

Some of the most influental and respected people in recorded history also died virgins as well i.e. Nikola Tesla, Issac Newton, Joan of Arc, Queen Elizabeth the 1st.

Uh, there's no proof about any of those people dying virgins. Being virgin is something that can't be proven (even with a medical exam).

Yes, quite easily. I've managed 42 years without any problems so remaining a virgin for the rest of my life is no great stretch of the imagination. It's not that I think being a virgin is anything special. Sex and relationships simply aren't goals in my life.

As far as remaining a secret is concerned, while I have no intention of broadcasting the fact it wouldn't worry me too much if friends/family found out.

Vyanni Krace

I think I could.

Of course, being a teenager, I am curious, but, something in me just knows that I would not enjoy it much/that I will not be able to go all the way. Its not a conscious thought either, more like a common-sense to me. (If that makes sense.)

So long as I don't do something stupid or buckle under the peer-pressure I just know will be coming in a year or two I should be fine. I've never been known to give in to peer pressure.

I could happily stay a virgin for the rest of my life.

Perhaps, but it's too late now. hehe

I´m sure I will remain a virgin for life because the only guy I´ve ever been willing to have sex with ignores me and sex without sexual attraction repulses me. And I repulse men anyway, so I can´t see any chance for having sex and any point why I should do it.

Well it worked quite well for 24 years and if nothing much changes then perhaps I'll die a virgin. But I don't really care. Virginity is so unimportant, I can't understand what all the fuss is about.

But people really seem to care about the topic. Few days ago I saw a documentary about older virgins desperately trying to get laid. They had their reasons for staying abstinent for so long (the youngest was 27 I think) like general fear, incapability of getting an erection or religious beliefs. But somebody had to make a documentary out of their attempts of losing their virginity as if to show it's a problem that deserves public attention.

Kitty Spoon Train

Well, I'm not a virgin and I'm demi, so that dilutes this answer pretty much automatically, but....

No. I mean, sure, in everyday life between relationships I'm basically asexual. So going indefinitely without partnered sex these days is easy for me. But if I had never lost it, I'd be curious about it, mostly for the sake of intellectual curiosity - rather than for any kind of ego badge for losing it or whatever.

I guess on some level it's like a lot of intense experiences. eg. Sky diving. I'd hate to have to promise to never try it ever, even though I'm not actually that curious and am not actively looking for opportunities. I suppose sex is in the same category for me in a way, except it's much more socially ubiquitous, so the curiosity would be more ongoing and reminders would always be around.

If someone genuinely wanted to remain a virgin, it would not be difficult. All one would have to do is refrain from sexual intercourse.

Yep, I think I could easily remain a virgin for the rest of my life. I'm 29 and have only been curious once... but not enough to actually act on it.

SerialSinner

I'm not asexual, but I think they are the only creatures who can survive as virgins without having any problem with it. Being a virgin is a beautiful thing, for sexual and asexual people.

Being a virgin is a beautiful thing, for sexual and asexual people.

What exactly makes it beautiful if I may ask? I don't really understand.

SerialSinner

Being a virgin is a beautiful thing, for sexual and asexual people.

What exactly makes it beautiful if I may ask? I don't really understand.

I find it innocent and special, and I like that, not in a sexual way.

I guess innocence is a word you hear fairly regularly in context of virginity, but I don't think I can agree to that. ;)

Yep I am a virgin and think I could easily stay one for the rest of my life, I have no plans to have sex.

That's the first time I've been called innocent in decades. Sorry but that description doesn't really fit me :lol:

SerialSinner

That's the first time I've been called innocent in decades. Sorry but that description doesn't really fit me :lol:

If you're untouched, you're heart and mind is immaculate, which is innocent.

Archived