Participants required for a study on asexuality and disability

verte

Hi everyone,

My name is Karen and I’m a sociology postgraduate student at the University of Glasgow, Scotland. For my Masters dissertation, I am conducting research on the topic of asexuality and disability: specifically exploring the experiences of people who self-identify as asexual and have a disability, and looking at the ways in which asexuality and disability might ‘intersect’. I’m recruiting people to take part in an online (individual) interview with myself – and I was hoping that some of you might be interested in taking part!

I am interesting in hearing from folks all along the asexuality spectrum, and of all genders, relationship orientations, nationalities etc. I am also working with a broad definition of ‘disability’ – what is important is that you consider yourself to be a disabled person, or that you consider yourself to be disabled in some way.

It’s also really really important that you are over the age of 18!

If you think you might be interested, you can send me an email at 0705067c@student.gla.ac.uk and I’ll then send you a plain language information sheet which will give you a lot more details about the study (as well as my full name, contact details for my supervisor and University ethics committee). Once you have read that you can decide whether or not you want to take part. By contacting me you are in no way committing yourself to taking part - and if after reading the information sheet you decide that it is not for you, then that’s absolutely fine too! I’m also more than happy to address any questions or concerns that you might have about the research.

Thanks very much for reading this – and I hope to speak to some of you soon!

Best wishes,

Karen

Lord Happy Toast

This has been approved for posting by the AVEN Project Team

CosmicStardust

I will take it too. I have been on disability since the beginning of this year.

Grumpy Alien

I'm not on disability but I qualify. I sent an email.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to give this post a bump - I'm still looking for participants if anyone is interested!

Best,

Karen

johnnybravo5

Hello verte,

Are you still looking for participants for your research?

I tried to contact you by clicking on your email link above and it didn't work for me for some reason.

I'm a 49 year old male and I've been disabled for the last 8.5 years and would like to help if you think I'd qualify.

Thanks,

Johnny

Hello verte,

Are you still looking for participants for your research?

I tried to contact you by clicking on your email link above and it didn't work for me for some reason.

I'm a 49 year old male and I've been disabled for the last 8.5 years and would like to help if you think I'd qualify.

Thanks,

Johnny

Hi Johnny,

Yep - definitely still looking for participants!

I don't know why the link to my email address isn't working - I'll put it here again to see if works this time: 0705067c@student.gla.ac.uk

If that doesn't work, you could try copy and pasting my address into your email client. Alternatively, you can send me a message here on AVEN with your email address and I'll get back to you :-)

Best wishes,

Karen

Archived