Can you be asexual and not know it? (35 year old virgin)

DayTripperYeah

Daytripper,

I can totally relate. I did a search on match.com recently and realized that I've already met half these guys.

The difference is that I'm bi, 31 and I don't really want children. The kind of guys that I like all want children. I still don't consider myself asexual though - just old-fashioned.

Don't spend time with people who don't respect you, even if they are your friends.

I think there's a place on this forum to meet asexuals in your area. I should check that out. There are so many road trips I had planned 8 years ago but have never gone on because there's nobody to go with. The few friends I've made either have no interest in going to these places or they can't afford 1 tank of gas.

These days, 1 tank of gas really is a lot of money. :shock:

DayTripperYeah

someone insult me on the thread? If so. Great. I'm glad the staff removed the offending post and banned the person. That's fast service. Other forums can learn. Boy do I have stories about that!

Hi teresateng! You should still go on your trips. I went a lot of places by myself, including England. (that was supposed to be a with a friend...long story there).

Oh I got mail on the personals site I use--actually two (one from another site) but the one guy was "icky"--and the guy I contacted awhile back, finally wrote back, I wrote back, and naturally, no replies. Stories of my life.

I'm trying to get the gang in the Philly/NY/NJ thread to plan something.

We can do it! :)

Daytripper,

I can totally relate. I did a search on match.com recently and realized that I've already met half these guys.

The difference is that I'm bi, 31 and I don't really want children. The kind of guys that I like all want children. I still don't consider myself asexual though - just old-fashioned.

Don't spend time with people who don't respect you, even if they are your friends.

I think there's a place on this forum to meet asexuals in your area. I should check that out. There are so many road trips I had planned 8 years ago but have never gone on because there's nobody to go with. The few friends I've made either have no interest in going to these places or they can't afford 1 tank of gas.

These days, 1 tank of gas really is a lot of money. :shock:

• 4 weeks later...

So, did yah figure out your problems yet? I just wanna know how you are doing?

• 1 year later...
DayTripperYeah

My user name and password still works.

I'm amazed.

I'm now a 37 year old never been kissed virgin...my how

time flies when your soulmate never shows up.

Although, I had one close call with the personals,

but the also nbk virgin chickened out and made

excuses.

The thing is maybe, I don't seek sex, but I still

don't think I'm 100% asexual. I'm kind of on the

fringe.

Some updates since I last posted, I now am a returning

college student. I have a local girl friend who

encourages me in various aspects of my life, and I'll be sending

my resumes out soon for a job. I also tried forums for shyness

(some people were rude) and I also tried yet another

sad attempt on virgin support groups, none of them

want to break "the spell". (note quotes).

I had to laugh when I checked an old new pm,

some guy here emailed me looking for his soulmate.

Gag. My mind doesn't operate like that.

and it looks like I missed being apart of the U.K.

documentary since that pm was also very old. Did

any of you guys take part?

It's so great to see you DayTripperYeah!

Welcome Back.

Have some :cake:

I don't think that UK documentary got made...

I hope you find AVEN supportive as always.

:D

DayTripperYeah

OMG! I totally forgot about the :cake:

(let's see if the icon shows up).

The reason I left the board was because

someone promised me something (which was

unrealistic on both our parts, had to do with

career goals) and didn't deliver. But, everything

happens for a reason because I'm on my way

to getting my degree.

Day is that you!!!!!!!Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!Welcome back :lol: we're both 37 and virgin still

DayTripper, I sympathize.

I've tried kissing but I didn't really like it.

I am a 39 yo virgin (by most definitions).

He may never have intended to date you, there are lots of people that play games.

Maybe his profile was totally fake, people do that.

It's possible you're asexual.

Relationships are hard to find. :-(

DayTripperYeah

Hi tinkerboi,

We talked on the phone and in e-mail.

His problem was he and I were a lot of like

in terms of our situation, he was trying to better

his life, and saw me as the type he used to be.

Therefore he had no use for me. So screw him.

(Not literally, of course). It's a good thing it all happened

because I wound up returning to school and I met

some good local friends. Everything happens for a reason,

I suppose.

You can bet, he's still a nbk virgin.

wow, you really shared quite a lot, and i don't really have a lot of advice, other than hang in there and stay hopeful, and you seem like a kind and sensitive person, and i can imagine that it is hard. i'm 27, but i've always known i was asexual, and a lot short of just intercourse scares the shit out of me, so physically i can't go very far at all. (about the most is a hug, maybe a cuddle, hair tussling and with warning a kiss on the cheek. Anything more and I get a terrific panic attack.) i guess i get along pretty well since i have a lot of caring friends, and nobody's ever made me feel bad about being asexual and not being with anyone. i could use a little affection, and i'm hoping to get someone to be my cuddle buddy, but it would have to be someone special that i trusted, and they would have to know that there would never, EVER be sex.

i wish the best for you. i'm a civil service employee myself, though i didn't have to pay anything to take any test (i work for a university, among other things. i do other things too, though i don't get paid for them.)

and it's great you're trying to write. i write too, though i've greatly increased my chances of publication by decided to do it for free and never expect to make any money off it. after all, i've got a job, and let the money go to people who want to write professionally. i just don't have that many ideas to make a career as a writer; i churn out a little bit over a long time, sort of like it, now and then it'll go somewhere, but that's about it.

well, have some :cake:

DayTripperYeah

Hi David...that civil service idea came and went. Now I'm onto other things.

I try to stay hopeful everyday. It's very draining to

be negative.

• 4 years later...
DayTripperYeah

I had to come back to report...I'm a 41 year old virgin! YAY! :cake:

Not by choice. I just choose to wait for someone who really gives a damn about me, and casual sex with anyone does NOT interest me in the slightest.

Archived