The Sex Talk

AppleEye

Vampyremage

But now as I'm getting older I feel like she's getting frustrated yet because I haven't come to her yet about anything because quite frankly I don't plan to ever. lol She keeps urging me to go on BC incase an "accident" happens but I don't feel a need to.

This is something I never quite understood, but that's quite likely an ace thing. I know for me, there was never any risk of any accidents happening. I didn't have sex until 19 when I was in a committed long term relationship and I certainly never went onto birth control until I was preparing to actually have sex.

Kitty Spoon Train

Never really got the talk per se. Then again, I came into adolescence in the Western Australian public school system - which basically introduces comprehensive sex ed very early on - the first basic stage to 11-12 year olds, and then the more comprehensive and graphic stuff once you start high school, from 13 onwards. So yeah, the whole thing with parents being responsible for giving the talk thing was highly watered down in the environment I was coming to puberty in. :lol:

OP, your friends are hilarious. :D How on earth did they get THAT idea?

As for me, nope. I really didn't get any "talk" ... unless my mom asking me if I knew where I would get hair counts. ^_^ I pieced it together by using my grandfather's anatomy book, which had photos of cross sections of cadavers. I also had a very informative talk with one of my cousins about how she had horrible cramps during her "period." I had never heard of such a thing before, but I gathered that it involved blood and pain and wasn't really all that fun. Oh, and there was a VERY informative interview that Ricky Lake did of male strippers, and how things got "hard." I hadn't figured out erections before that. LOL

What I never really understood was how my mom would rant about other parents who told their kids from an early age what would happen to their bodies at puberty. She thought that they should just let their kids be kids and not burden them with puberty stuff so early. Honestly, I thought it would have been nice to know earlier. *shrug*

But now as I'm getting older I feel like she's getting frustrated yet because I haven't come to her yet about anything because quite frankly I don't plan to ever. lol She keeps urging me to go on BC incase an "accident" happens but I don't feel a need to.

This is something I never quite understood, but that's quite likely an ace thing. I know for me, there was never any risk of any accidents happening. I didn't have sex until 19 when I was in a committed long term relationship and I certainly never went onto birth control until I was preparing to actually have sex.

I don't get this either ... it's kind of hard to end up "accidentally" pregnant if you're not going to have sex. I keep picturing someone unknowingly sitting on a turkey baster and being like, "Whoops! Hope I don't get accidentally pregnant from that!" :rolleyes:

My mom never did because she's super religious and told me to just never have sex before marriage. She is soooo lucky I'm ace XD

JustcallmeRiley

I ddidnt have the talk. I kind of rely on the internet and my friends for quetions. I usually answer the questions though. but no i dont think it affected my sexuality

Archived