How romantic are you?

GoldenLillies

GoldenLillies

Just wondering about how romantic everyone here is :)

I'd say I was a hopeless romantic. I love those sappy love stories and I love the idea of having a boyfriend and doing everything with them etc. Yeah sounds really cheesy but I just think it's adorable <3 What about you guys?

yep same! i'm super lovey but no one to to be lovey with

aromantic. I kick romance in the balls.

I don't really know how to quantify something like that, but... somewhat romantic, maybe? I'm not aromantic, but romance has definitely never been a necessity or priority in life, something I couldn't imagine living without. I tend to be more romantic in my head than I'm actually able to express to someone. I also idealise intense platonic friendships, almost like platonic "soulmates" or something of that nature, more than I do romantic relationships. Mind you, sometimes the lines between the two, when it comes to what I've thought I've wanted from a specific person, have been quite blurry.

I went in this topic not really sure about how to respond to it, but then I read this and realized that it sums me up almost perfectly.

Mostly aromantic, I never liked the idea of cuddling or kissing, but I wouldn't mind a girl that is a little ( and I really mean "a little") more than a friend. :)

Um, hyperromantic? If that's even a thing. I now declare it to be a thing! :wub:

highcakedrive

I don't look or even try for romance, but when I'm involved I want to be the one that makes others jealous I'm taken. Can't wait to try it out. I've never been in a relationship.

Hmm. It varies. At heart, I am a hopeless romantic and all those cheesey romantic acts are things I crave. But, true romantic gestures happen rarely in real life so I don't need it much.

Not at all. I mean, on the ace scale I'm panromantic, but I hate sappy crap -- no candlelit dinners or moonlit walks will impress me and they will, in fact, bore me to death.

Tecmag Diams

Ermergerd! I'm totally a hopeless romantic. I can't think of anything that would be more... *flails arms as way to express emotions because can't find words that do so* then the idea of just snuggling up with someone, doing stuff together all the time, candle-lit dinners, moonlit walks, random no reason gifts, chocolates, listening to someone's heartbeat, and pretty much all the ooey goey stuff. I melt on the inside thinking about how wonderful it would be. :3

I like to say that I'm about as romantic as Mr. Spock. That usually puts "normal" people off, immediately. I guess it's logical ...

The Great WTF

I'm borderline romance-repulsed. The sappy stuff makes me want to stab things and love stories are little more than a misleading joke in my opinion. I've occasionally found a cute romance that gets past my repulsion, but they are few and far between and very rarely anything close to a traditional romance.

for me it would be like playing video games together or just laying in bed reading or watching tv together.

like if i could wake up tomorrow in a long term relationship, i would love that, i don't care about the stuff beforehand. meeting someone? scary. dancing around 'does s/he like me?' icky.

tumblr_mj0i9hw2GI1r5j9s2o1_500.jpg

see, like this is adorable, i want to make something like this for someone!

Vyanni Krace

Hopeless romantic in my head. Most unromantic person in the world in reality. XD

Tecmag Diams

I believe that the journey is half the fun. Though the starting the relationship doesn't sound like a fun part (the "do they like me" part) the whole, falling in love, going on dates and doing stupid cute stuff just because. I want a relationship that never stops being like that. :3

Qutenkuddly

tumblr_mj0i9hw2GI1r5j9s2o1_500.jpg

see, like this is adorable, i want to make something like this for someone!

That made my heart melt a little. ^_^

Striped Sweater

I've never really seen myself as a romantic person. When I first found out I was asexual, I considered myself to be heteroromantic, but I find myself gradually scooting over toward being aromantic. And even before that, when I was in a relationship, a "date" usually meant sitting on the couch watching Kill Bill or going out to explore the book store. I'm okay with just a bit of cuddling and not much more. I really despise most movie romances. Either they're the boring central plot or are shoehorned in and distract from the important parts. I always logically pick them apart and never really get lost in the romance like I guess I'm supposed to do. However, I do sort of like stories about people in real life doing romantic things. It's kind of fun to see what people think up when it comes to romantic gestures.

Nomad in Stasis

I will say that I love candlelit dinners, though only if that leads to some pyromanic fun. :D

As far as romanticism goes, I am not sure. I think I just crave closeness. I do love doing sensual things with friends if I can. I do still wish to have a romantic relationship with someone who challenges me, pushes me, and drives me to be better.

TuesMorning

I enjoy romantic things. I like watching it, or reading about it. I think it's cute when I see couples, hetero or homo, holding hands in public. I seek out those love-triangle dramas that seem to be overdone. I especially love the stories where you have two individuals who hate each other, or they're competing in some fashion, and slowly day by day they fall in love and refuse to leave each others side. So cute.

I don't like to experience romance on a specific level however. I'd rather not be a part of any of those situations, it would make me very uncomfortable. I'm perfectly fine, and quite happy, being alone.

I'm happy experiencing romance on a general level, just watching. Just a little bit to make me feel warm and fuzzy so I can move on.

If I'm happy by myself I want to see others happy with each other (or by themselves if they're like me).

When I was a teenager I was much more romantic. I wanted closeness. Yearned someone to see me worthy of relationship.

Now 15 years later after couple relationships and many years of being single I've realised that I'm not really missing relationship. I don't yearn for it, but I do sometimes get interested in some individuals. But I've also grown used to keeping myself apart so that I wouldn't again create a painful mess.

Storm Dancing

I used to love romance. Finding out all the little things my partner likes then surprising her with them. Bringing flowers home. Cooking romantic dinners. Watching favorite tv shows snuggled together on the couch. Sitting in coffee shops for hours just talking. Going out at night to look at the stars. But THEN....reality set in and I found out that the majority of my partners thought all of the above gestures were to initiate sex and they would be upset that that wasn't my purpose. I also discovered that the majority of people I was around would do these things for me.....in order to have sex. Since I don't think sex is romantic or necessary (what a way to ruin a great relationship huh?) things would just become awkward. So.....I stopped doing everything like that for people I was interested in. But I miss it.:(

I am a hopeless romantic, I love all the affection, cuddles and kisses, dates and spending quality time together.

But like so many people here I am hopelessly alone and shall probably die that way.

Intensely so.

I have romantic visions of redeeming my beloved, protecting, healing, touching, singing, writing poetry.

I sing to the dragon inside of me, the egotistical, aggressive, ungraceful and fearful part of myself, and the dragon cries. And this vision is what allows me to love.

To be romantic is to cultivate a romantic vision.

I don't really know how to quantify something like that, but... somewhat romantic, maybe? I'm not aromantic, but romance has definitely never been a necessity or priority in life, something I couldn't imagine living without. I tend to be more romantic in my head than I'm actually able to express to someone. I also idealise intense platonic friendships, almost like platonic "soulmates" or something of that nature, more than I do romantic relationships. Mind you, sometimes the lines between the two, when it comes to what I've thought I've wanted from a specific person, have been quite blurry.

Essentially, some amount of romance is nice -- exciting even, especially in the beginning -- but I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it or wanting it. Sometimes the emotional intensity of such feelings (I'm a very intense person emotionally) can be too draining, and it makes me long for simpler, platonic feelings.

I am a lot like this; I am pretty romantic in my head, but have never had an opportunity to experience romance in actuality though, and would find it cheesy if I didn't feel it was sincere or if it was in the wrong context.

I claim that I'm romantic but I often wonder if I'm aromantic more often than romantic because although I am taken with the concept of romance, and stories of romance I don't express it easily to someone and find some of the scenarios that seem so nice in my mind cheesy in real life.

Kitty Spoon Train

I went in this topic not really sure about how to respond to it, but then I read this and realized that it sums me up almost perfectly.

Ditto. Well, in a way...

I'm starting to think that what I call "romance" is really more like a kind of highly affectionate friendship for most people. So what I tend to naturally want to give seems to be lacking in terms of being a proper romantic relationship - and this frustrated my exs. But it would probably be too touchy feely and emotionally intimate to be considered "just friendship" too.

Is there some hard line that can be drawn? If there is, I don't know what it is, or where it is. All I know is that I must be straddling it. :lol:

Feathers in Motion

I like romantic things. I don't like seeing people kissing in public unless it's a quick peck(I find it very gross) but I enjoy romantic movies and hearing a romantic story from a friend.

And I LOVE that coffe cup, so cute! I want it lol

TuesMorning

Am I the only person who kinda enjoys the "Does s/he or doesn't s/he like me that way?" .............. stage of things?

I've always enjoyed this stage and this stage alone. However it's probably more for selfish reasons than what you've got invested. I like attention, I like to be looked at and admired. I think it's a great compliment. And I've selfishly lured many women into giving more of that attention, never intending to return it or invest any feelings/time/money back. While the attention is fun it's been the kickstarter to all my failed relationships.

Archived