H'ro ~

redbeans

32 years old and still figuring myself out. Way past the age where all of the relatives are starting to wonder "What's with her, doesn't she want to settle down? Doesn't she want kids?" Attempting to explain my utter lack of interest in those things seems about as successful as explaining Celiac disease to them. Now they think I'm gay, lying, or need Jesus in my life, and they still offer me bread and noodles for lunch.

So I've pretty much stopped trying to explain, because they don't get it, and I've sort of stopped caring how they perceive me anyway. I'm "the single one who can apparently only eat rice." (OMG, anything but gluten, it isn't hard!)

So, um. Bullet points? 32 year old female. Maine. Grew up in amusement parks. Animal lover and shelter volunteer. College grad with a BA in Japanese Language and Lit. Geek -- roleplaying, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, 007, The Hobbit. Cosplayer (any of you just wince? I warned you about the geekitude. I learned to sew to make my own costumes, aww yiss.) Wish I had artistic talent -- don't. Wish I could still write, but I seem to be missing something the last few years. Working on finding it again.

All attempted relationships up to this point have ended in panic when partner tried to get handsy/mouthy with me. I didn't know what was going on, or why I didn't want it, REALLY didn't want it, so instead of thinking it through or trying to explain, I would dump them, run away, and cut ties. My therapist finds me fascinating -- we're great friends now. She's helped me dig to the bottom of how I'm so afraid to disappoint people that I try to be "normal" but know that I will, eventually, reach a point I cannot go past, and ergo I dissolve into stress and possibly bees. Bees fly out of me. I don't know. It's very dramatic.

Asexuality in this area seems to mean "hasn't found the right person" or "doing it wrong." Finally think I understand that it's actually a matter of "doing it differently" or "doing it the way that I do it, and not you, and I am not you, cheers."

I find people attractive. I find bodies quite visually pleasing at times. But I also like looking at plants and fire, but I'm not going to hump fire. I mean, ow. I do have a few fantasies/fetishes that drive me to go seeking a few batteries now and again, if you know what I mean, but the fantasies in question have nothing to do with specific people. Sometimes I'm not even myself? Not sure if that makes me grey ace or just ... imaginative.

I do wish I could have someone in my life that was fine with being very... intimately platonic, platonically intimate, whichever. The economy isn't kind to someone trying to get by without another person. It seems like the world is designed to run on at least two incomes.

Urgh.

Ramble, ramble, ramble... I love Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd and Tool and Tori Amos and Band of Horses and Muse. I listen to Cabin Pressure radio drama. I'm making a Bilbo Baggins costume as we speak.

Hi.

Striped Sweater

Hello and welcome! Usually I just use the cake emoticon, but I'm not sure if it has gluten in it, so I found some gluten-free cake for you:

glutenfreerecipes_main.jpg

I agree with Nyu; I think you'll fit right in! This is a really great community and I hope you like it here. Sometimes it's hard being around people that might not understand, but at least you seem to get it. As you said, it's just "doing it differently."

Also, I love Pink Floyd and Muse. I'm going to see Muse in concert very soon. Can't wait!

HI! *waves* I love your avatar :D Welcome to AVEN!

Now, some welcome gifts for you:

First, the customary [http://www.asexuality.org/wiki/index.php?title=Cake] cake!

:cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

And secondly, this ---> incredible invisible pony! Watch out though, because it REALLY likes cake, and might eat yours :ph34r:

WELCOME! Pleased to meet you, make yourself riiiiiiiight at home ^_^

frozen-cherries-in-a-cup.jpg

frozen cherries for us ;D we have a lot of the same similarities :D

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

Welcome to Aven! I'm 31 and can related a bit of what you have said, specially with my family, sometimes it gets hurtful but I move or should I say I ignore them? LOL :D.

:cake:

Hi and welcome to AVEN! Fabulous intro...I loved it, you're going to fit in here very nicely I would imagine. I have the best ever gluten free emoticakes! :)

nyace.gif :cake: purplecake.gif xHQK9.gif cGK2W.gif btb0q.gif XZ856.gif kEktO.gif

cake2_zps5226d0c9.png 1Kfbi.gif cake2_zps5226d0c9.png cheesecake.gif 6fbdbdb7e383d44ead85a88be3893e0a.gif Kawaii_Cake_Icon_by_CrisAvatars.gif pixel_cake_by_Okiedoke.gifstrawberry_chocolate_cake_icon_by_milkbu 1Kfbi.gif cake2_zps5226d0c9.png 1Kfbi.gif

apieceofcake.gif

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gif

Archived