Could being Bi-polar be a factor into being A? o_O

firewalkwithme

I don't know for sure if i am bi-polar or not, but i sure as hell act like it from time to time...I haven't had a public outburst since elementary school at least...maybe since HS, lol A lot of my outbursts as of late have been at home...but some of them I attribute to stress.

Anywho...i've wondered if I am...does that have anything to do with being asexual as well? o_O I dunno...I feel funky about sex all of the time...sometimes i think: ew...sometimes i wonder what i could be open to...which i've posted on here about...but i dunno >_< UGH...I dunno...any thoughts? :oops:

It might be a contributing factor.

I know what you're talking about with the levels of sexual comfort thing. Sometimes sex is the grossest thing in the world to me, whereas other times it's just something I'm not into, and I too wonder what my limits are. I just chalk it up to natural hormone fluctuations. It totally feels like I'm bipolar in my attitude towards sex sometimes, but personally I don't think that I am.

So yeah. You're not the only one with an inconsistant attitude towards sex, 'cause there's always me.

firewalkwithme

:oops: Cool...

Ugh. . .last night i started wondering if i was just making excuses...-_- like cuz i've never had sex and just cuz it doesn't seem like a pleasant thing to me...that i find it easier to just reject it all together...or something...>_< i think too much is what my problem is. :roll:

Generally if you are bi-polar you tend to be permiscuous. Though there is a lot of guilt associated with having sex. Bi-polar invovles a general all around disrespect for yourself and for your body, and lots of bad moods involving either deep depression or manic outbursts (mainly of anger). It is associated with cutting and other forms of self-harm. Other than the sex, does this sound like you? It is a pretty common disorder though, which is a very sad thought.

firewalkwithme

Oh...not really...I guess I just have mild depression sometimes...or something... :oops:

Oh...not really...I guess I just have mild depression sometimes...or something... :oops:

Depression sucks, yo. My solution: pets. Pets blind me with their cuteness, so that I am unable to be emo and angsty. Also, no Elliot Smith or Gary Jules. Their music just breeds depressed thoughts.

Yes.

firewalkwithme

-_- I live with my parents and the kind of pet i'd want they don't -_- lol which is a cat, lol but i dunno...and i don't know those singers, lol tho the carpenters can make me a lil depressed...:( lol i like a lot of oldies, lol

Anything could factor in to being asexual, it's as unique as a person is. Some HAVE other things to attribute asexuality to, others have nothing and that's "just the way it is"

I've also suspected myself of being bi-polar -- suspected at an early age, actually, as soon as I heard about the condition. It's a very attractive mental disorder, for people who don't have it, I think because each and every one of us has something periodic to our emotions -- and, for people who are simply emotional, it's easy to fly from one emotion to its opposite and be faced with the stark reality that the way we think has some dependency on our emotional states. Which is scary in and of itself. Still, bi-polar people seem to sit way over on the superextreme version of things where you don't at all want to ever be.

firewalkwithme

Geez...I read that wrong the first time...I thought u said you were bi-polar...and decided i didn't know how to reply...i still don't -_- lol BAH! >_<

I have a friend who I think might be bi-polar. She has had a lot of (sexual) relationships. I am just beginning to understand her condition (if that's what she's got) and it does explain her fluctuating and awful moods, terrible anger and saying horrible things to me for no reason, but at other times seeming totally normal and even being really lovely. I understand that this condition requires diagnosis and medication, but sufferers often deny that anything is wrong. Appaarently it is during the manic phase that bipolar sufferers find it irresistible to seduce and be seduced so I wonder what would happen to an asexual at that time. In fact we had one at Aven who said he just felt like withdrawing from people I think.

I have a friend who is bi-polar. She is very fixated on sexual activity. She gets herself into bad relationships (another aspect of being bi-polar - really rough relationships). She used to cheat all the time, I don't know if she still does or not. But whenever she is with a guy she'll accuse him of cheating on her. She'll just bitch and bitch about it. And I suspect this paranoia comes from her being a cheater herself. Mostly though, the relationships go bad because she pushes people away. And she has a super dependant and addictive personality. And does the whole self-harm thing. And drugs, lots of drugs. It's really really shitty. And well, we're not exactly friends at all. We were, but she hates me now. It's all quite stupid, and pisses me off very much. Bi-polar disorder is really serious. And it's a stupid disorder. And people do stupid things, etc.

I guess I could see someone who is asexual who has the disorder. But chances are they might let people take advantage of them anyway...

firewalkwithme

Hmmm...I wondered about how i might meet someone who'd just take advantage of me -_- I hope it never happens...tho if it does i hope i can spot it soon enough. lol -_- I am bad at comfrontations tho >_< And I think I have a slight dependant personality...sometimes I depend on myself, lol It feels nice when i can come through with something for me o_O lol :oops: in more ways than one...*giggles* lol

Anywho....-_- lol

C21H22O2N2

Well, I've been diagnosed as an ultra-rapid cycler type of Bi-Polar. I don't go into full blown mania, but I get into these hypomanic states that can be very annoying. People who cycle as rapidly as I do change moods within minutes or hours instead of days or weeks. It's intense and downright bizarre for people who don't know, hell, it's bad for people who do know! Heh.

One moment I'm singing goofy-ass songs about whatever I may be doing at the moment, then something snaps and I'm suddenly angry and ranting violently. All within 10-30 minutes. It's some crazy shit.

Also, I have been diagnosed as Borderline Personality. Another disorder characterized by promiscuity. I am the same way as you; sometimes sex repulses me, sometimes I am rather fascinated by it and wonder if I'd be willing to try it out. Just depends on my mood with myself and others at that moment.

The only thing I can suggest is to see a medical professional. Yeah, they are sometimes annoying, and they can be judgemental (which is utter bullshit and why I quit going to them) if you have "abnormal" lifetsyle choices ... but if you want a diagnosis so you can finally know what causes you to behave certain ways then it is helpful and worth going at least a couple times. I am glad I at least found out what disorders and things from my past cause me to behave the way that I do, and am now just starting the process of "shrink shopping" so I can continue healing from a terrible childhood.

Take care,

Jenn

:twisted:

firewalkwithme

omg...my moods are kinda like that, C2 O_O One minute i can be all happy and then someone barges into my room and i get all pissy with them >_< lol

wait...they're two different things? bu--wha---well I never really did think I should take that uni professor's word for law..bu--god, I'm so confused >.< ...the hell is the difference?

well with me im bi polar and i view my self with very low self esteem.

and i just fear rejection so badly i dont ask anyone to date me

also I had surgery for scholosis and it fixed my deformed chest but low and behold a few months later it started to go back to what is used to be

this was one of the most emotial damaging things that has ever happened

im my head i felt that i went through the most painfull experience in my life and it was in vain. you know how people have dreams of going to school naked i have dreams of going to school without a shirt. Im told that it is not nearly as bad as it was but i dont know. i am embarassed to have any one touch my chest. i fear having a woman see me with out shirt on and laugh at it. im still debating wether im straight or not im attracted to women but the fear of rejection is so strong.

Most of the medications for bipolar disorder have definite sexual side-effects. I take Lithium for bipolar, and -- btw I was already wondering if I was asexual or not before -- I lost my feelings of sexuality entirely. So I don't know if Lithium made things concerning my sexuality clearer, or if it just destroyed my sex drive. And this is all assuming that bipolar itself doesn't decide my sexuality, or vice versa. Of course, I don't know of any official research projects whatsoever on the topic.

• 3 weeks later...