Sexuals: is sex better than cake?

Alis Chan

Hmm. This is tricky. Though given a choice on a single instance, I think I'd go with cake - it's far more consistently good.

Grumpy Alien

I think even if I were sexual, I'd still choose cake.

There's just more variety. Gluten free. Rainbow. Vegan. Sprinkles. Layered. Cheesecake. Red velvet. Ice cream cake. Cake with ice cream. Fondant. Icing. Frosting. Rum cake. Cakes with fruit. Pound cake. And then there's all kinds of shapes and sizes. Cupcakes. Cake pops.

I can't imagine there'd be that many people I'd sleep with no matter how much I'd like sex. There will always be more cake. There is plenty of cake in the sea. A sea made of cake batter.

Also: The guilt after eating an extra piece of cake is not comparable to the morning after bad or unprotected sex.

Hmm. This is tricky. Though given a choice on a single instance, I think I'd go with cake - it's far more consistently good.

Consistently good is a great point. An okay cake vs okay sex. I've even eaten cake I didn't think was very good.

Anyone I see online who talks excessively about how delicious pastries are, I pretty much assume is fat in real life.

Anyone I see online who talks excessively about how delicious pastries are, I pretty much assume is fat in real life.

Oh to the contrary, I'm absolutely obsessed with cake and couldn't be thinner >:3

Like....seriously...if I were thinner I could see me in the hospital @.@

You know what's better than sex? VIVALDI!

(not that I would actually know....)

It depends.

Sex with a novel partner is more valuable to me that eating cake.

Sex with a partner I know well is nice, but sharing cake would also be a pretty good alternative, and I wouldn't really be in the mood for cake after sex, so I'd go for the cake.

Honestly though sex is a superior partnered activity, while cake is a superior solo adventure.

strawberryflipflops

I have pondered this a lot.

I would choose cake over sex ANY day of the year!

But would a sexua person l ALWAYS choose cake?

Is there really such a big deal?

When would a sexual choose cake over sex?

TELL ME!!!

As an ex-asexual, I can tell you...

Sex > Cake

Any day.

Besides the fact that sex doesn't make you fat (quite the opposite!) its an overall experience. Your mind is aroused, your body is aroused. You escape the world around you to engage in a stupidly fun activity. It can last for hours if you like. Foreplay, teasing. For hours you can exist in a state of pleasure and relaxation; no, you aren't having sex for hours, but you're playing a dance with someone for hours. With cake, your tounge is aroused for a minute. That is it.

There is no comparison if you enjoy sex!

foxwithwings13

Hmm... I'd say 90% of the time, I'd take cake
I have a craving much more often for cake, than I do for sex
But, when I do have a craving for sex, It is a stronger craving that what I get for cake

To a sexual, (good) sex is emotionally fulfilling and validating to them as a person. It's hard to weigh that against a simple sensory pleasure like cake, unless they're already receiving plenty of fulfillment and validation (from sex or otherwise) already.

But would a sexual person l ALWAYS choose cake?

When would a sexual choose cake over sex?

For me ( a sexual male with healthy appetites) it's a matter of how "hungry" I am. If I'm satisfied (eaten a good meal in the last 6-12 hours and had sex in the last 2-3 days) then I would probably go for sex first, and hope I could still score a slice of cheesecake later (especially my wife's cheesecake fresh out of the oven...mmm). I wouldn't try for both simultaneously - I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to give both the attention they deserve! But I would be perfectly happy with either one.

If I'm just a little hungry, say from missing lunch, I'd probably still go for sex. But when I'm seriously hungry, say surviving on 1000 calories or less a day for weeks, Maslow's hierarchy takes over and I'm all about the cake.

cake! it doesn't care how many sprinkles (or silly candles) you use. and it's cheaper/requires less work

fairweather

As a woman who has been trying to replace sex with food for her entire marriage, and has had some excellent cake in the process, my answer is SEX! Hands down. No contest. Many years ago I'd have said there were some cakes that are better than some sex but most sex was better than most cakes, now I'd take bad sex over good cake any day. :)

I kind of hate cake. It's just...kind of bland and too soft and crumbly. It's no contest for me. sex sex sex.

• 2 weeks later...

Years ago, sex, no question! Now, cake, has to be carrot or coconut cake though! :rolleyes: Perhaps an excellent piece of pound cake would suffice as well.

anon_anonymous

i don't really like cake, at all.

it's a pretty weird question for me - good cake that your best friend baked for you? no, probably not :) !

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like cake. Is there a support group for those of us that are sexuals that don't like cake in relationships with asexuals that do?

supersprite42

There's some pretty gross cake out there. I'm not really in a position to really answer this question, as an asexual virgin, but cake is just cake. Now, peach crisp or my mom's homemade cinnamon buns would possibly trump everything else, regardless. Besides, peach crisp is fruit, and therefore, it's healthy... right? :P

Red-Velvet

My ex once drank hot tea during sex, so cake would be easier.. especially if you like put the cake on your partner.

Haha, couldn't agree more.

Most sexuals I know would testify that sex is better than cake because of the lack of consumed calories involved. :huh: People like this annoy me.

I don't like sweet things, cake included. But I'm asexual, so if someone asked me if I want to have sex with them OR eat some cake I'd choose cake. Definitely.

TBH, I don't understand why would anyone want to have sex when there are other things to do... But that's just me being all ace and stuff :P

Cake is sometimes better ...

You can have a second piece of cake, right after finishing the first one

Old people can eat cake still, and have a second piece if they want to

You can buy cake from many different shops, rather than having to bake it at home

You can decide to have chocolate or vanilla whenever you want

You can eat cake in front of your parents

You can give cake to your dog, and friends don't think that's weird/wrong

You can bake a cake for a friend, and your partner doesn't get jealous

I could go on :)

You just killed me, especially with a "You can eat cake in front of your parents"

:D

Since I do not like sex or cake I do not know if I can speak well to this but I would think that a sexual would choose sex over cake any day because sex is harder to get and probably feels better to them.

BannedForSatire

It depends...

I'd rather have cake than sex with a random person but I'd probably rather have sex than cake with someone I love.... most of the time... unless it was really good cake.

Red Shang

...and a woman can have a second orgasm, right after the first one. I bet you're jealous...

But to answer the question, IT DEPENDS.

Men can have multiple orgasms, too. But not straight after the first one as a rule. But in reference to the OP, I'd definitely prefer cake, a plain cake, like a custard tart.

Bad sex is better than most food, but not all food. cake included.

No sex is better than bad sex.

Janus the Fox

...and a woman can have a second orgasm, right after the first one. I bet you're jealous...

Men can have multiple orgasms, too. But not straight after the first one as a rule.
Males can have multiple orgasms one after the other, if you know what you are doing ;)

This can involve multiple methods such as prostate play and/or combining certain drugs that increase and/or suppress certain hormones, including maintaining erections after climax.

To any sexual person whose sexual desire and drive is strong and is sexually active, he or she is clearly going to prefer sex to sexual abstinence most of the time if not all of the time.

Men can have multiple orgasms, too. But not straight after the first one as a rule.
Males can have multiple orgasms one after the other, if you know what you are doing ;)

This can involve multiple methods such as prostate play and/or combining certain drugs that increase and/or suppress certain hormones, including maintaining erections after climax.

I did qualify my statement with "as a rule". ^_^

carrotcake

I know this question was aimed at people who are not asexual, but i wanted to answer anyway.

cake any day. cake is delicious. cake is always a good idea and cake cannot make you sad. it cannot get you pregnant and it cannot give you a STD.

Archived