Platonic Partners.co.uk

Melorian

Has anyone used this 'dating' site? I'm considering joining but I don't want to waste money on a dead site and I can find very little information about it.

Nope, never heard of it. But, I wouldn't pay for a dating service... But, that's just me! Maybe it'd be a good investment. I'm sure that if you found a successful relationship there, it'd be worth it. :D

Hope you find the answers you're looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering the same thing and when i googled for information i arrived here and found you asking the same question.

Well then i emailed platonic partners and the woman who runs it said this: "We have 5,000 members signed up, and about 300 are using the site at any one time. Don't forget we are a niche market, and not like Facebook!"

I asked her how many of those were paid-up members so that you can chat to them, and she replied

"ALL members can receive messages, so it does not matter if one is paid up or not - about 20% are paid up at any one time, it changes from month to month".

Hope that helps. I'm not sure whether i'll subscribe now, 3 months is more than i'd need, but on the other hand i might meet someone in which case it'd be worth it. Well good luck to you!

I am currently subscribing as I found Platonic Partners before I found Acebook and I have met a couple of people but it's pretty quiet on there. If you do join, you might want to initiate contact with people rather than wait for them to send you a message, I don't have enough experience of dating sites to know how PP compares to others and I guess everyone's experiences are different anyway - some people get lucky and find someone quickly, for others (like me) it takes longer and I don't know how much it has to do with the site. I don't think I'll renew my subscription, but I think maybe you should give it a try for 3 months as the right person for you just might be on there! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Jetsetter75

I took the plunge and signed up! As with most dating sites you are required to subscribe if you want to contact the members.

One drawback being unable to view when members last logged on. If this is an option, can you please let me know how to access it.

I've made contact, but not holding out much hope due to not sure when members last logged on. Think prefer OKCupid.

I made an account out of curiosity and so far I haven't been impressed. It seems like a good number of the members are the same people from Ace-Book and Asexualitic (go figure), and those sites don't require a subscription.

Design wise, the website is worse off than both Ace-Book and Asexualitic.

Archived