A(gender)vengers Assemble!

The Pofessional

Binary_fiction

Not to argue or anything but I always thought transgender meant that the person does not identify with the gender they were assigned at birth vs cisgender who does identify with the gender they were assigned at birth. The idea that the first definition falls only within the gender binary sounds a bit odd for me since there are intersex people and tons of genetic variant that makes it so that most people are not strictly male or female in the first place. Regardless, I am aware that multiple theories can exist for the same word so I guess it depends on the perception of the individual.

As for neutroi, I always pronounced it as "neu-Troy" I hope I was doing it right, English is not my native tongue and in French this word has a very different sound to it. ^^

• Like 1
Luftschlosseule
10 minutes ago, Binary_fiction said:

Not to argue or anything but I always thought transgender meant that the person does not identify with the gender they were assigned at birth vs cisgender who does identify with the gender they were assigned at birth.

I, too, use that definition, but then I see a difference with just defining trans* and identifying as trans*, because I personally, I know that I fall under the definition but don't identify as such. Dunno why.

Guys, this forum makes me want to go to the supermarket and buy frozen pie. Everywhere are these delicious cakes.

• Like 1
Binary_fiction

As an agender individual, I do identify as trans but I know it's not the case with everyone. Then again I've read some posts on gender discussions where people mentioned that the reason why the term non-binary was created was to move away from trans as an identity. All I will say is that if you don't find yourself comfortable in a label, you shouldn't force yourself to use it. I feel comfortable with both non-binary and trans because the way I see it, I'm not cis so I'm trans and I'm not part of the binary so I'm non-binary.

On this note... *starts the music and serves drinks to those who wants them*

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Luftschlosseule said:

I, too, use that definition, but then I see a difference with just defining trans* and identifying as trans*, because I personally, I know that I fall under the definition but don't identify as such. Dunno why.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry if that's not how it sounded.

Luftschlosseule
Just now, Andiamo said:

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry if that's not how it sounded.

Didn't, I just tend to specify things. ^^

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
Enne Kristin

I was too lazy too :D Hi I am agenderfluid, greysexual/greyromantic and really happy to be here :) (just seen there is another agenderfluid person from Germany here *freu* *wink* ) Ich stelle auch mal einen Kuchen hin... :) Wohl bekomms.

• Like 2
Enne Kristin

Es gibt ja auch Bereiche für Amerikaner, Neuseeländer etc., auch für deutschsprachige? (BRD, Östereich, Schweiz)

Luftschlosseule

KUUUUCHEN!
Thank you very much. <3

Okay, what you missed on the first 94 pages: We had cake, chocolate, cookies, tea and hot chocolate, but the stuff always seems to disappear.

And since we've assembled, we picked superhero abilities. Feel free to join.

• Like 3
Dodecahedron314

Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch, aber es ist besser wann ich schreibe...ich kann nicht sprechen viel (auch in Englisch). Ich denke wohnen in Köln dann ich Universität aussteige. (Es tut mir leid, meine Grammatik ist schlecht)

Wilkommen n'y, ich sprache kleine Deutsch

Oder ist keine deutsch? Ich studiert Deutsch fur funf  jahren in gymnasium aber das ist funfzehn jahren ago.

Enne Kristin

danke :) Doch, ich bin Deutsch Muttersprachler (ok, my spouse would deny that because of my dialect - my "native language" is "Nüsser Platt", actually... Äww wenn isch dett schwade dät wööt mösch hee och kin deutscher mieh vörstonn, daröm loss isch datt ens besser bliewe :) )

• Like 1
Luftschlosseule

My grandmother's sister moved from Cologne to Washington, but I am not sure if state or DC, but her language kind of warped until she spoke German with English grammar and English with cologne dialect. Telephoning her was fun; I wish I had met her face to face. [/random infodump]

@Dodecahedron314, @iff Ich verstehe, was ihr sagt, also funktioniert's. (:

Enne Kristin

My brother is married to a Kiwi and lives near Dunedin - if she speaks german it is fun too :)

On 3.6.2017 at 6:32 PM, N'y said:

danke :) Doch, ich bin Deutsch Muttersprachler (ok, my spouse would deny that because of my dialect - my "native language" is "Nüsser Platt", actually... Äww wenn isch dett schwade dät wööt mösch hee och kin deutscher mieh vörstonn, daröm loss isch datt ens besser bliewe :) )

Also ich versteh's =) *wink*selbst Dialektsprecher*wink*

Hey, wir sind Nachbarsdialekte, von daher macht's Sinn! siehe Moselfränkisch für mich (auch wenn's da zig eigene verschiedene Dialekte gibt)

Spoiler

e6d4cc7192bd61895e38103965c225ec.jpg

Scintillatriste

@N'y  ROGER DELGADO!!!!!!!!!! I instantly think you are a fantastic person with excellent taste. A+++++  :lol:

Er, ich nicht spreche Deutsch, obwohl ich habe gestudiert ein Semester. Ich nicht merke.

Luftschlosseule

So, if anyone of the German user here is from NRW and would like to meet, write me. From university I have a train ticket with which I can travel through whole NRW.

Do you know that when for days on end nothing ever happens and then, suddenly, every project you meddle in calls for your attention? I seem to have such a day. Must be a conspiracy.

• Like 3

Last night I actually had a dream in which someone called me "they." :D

• Like 3
999papercranes

Hello! I'm a genderless human who's ok with being seen as a girl for practical reasons :D Even if I'm a demigirl, it's ok if I post here, right? 

• Like 3
On 05/05/2017 at 7:57 AM, Binary_fiction said:

As for neutroi, I always pronounced it as "neu-Troy" I hope I was doing it right, English is not my native tongue and in French this word has a very different sound to it. ^^

I've always read it as new-twah, based on the French pronunciation of 'trois', but My French phonics are very very weak so that may be rather wrong.

• Like 1

I don't identify with the trans* label because no matter that I know the definition, I can't help reading 'across', and that's not what I feel like. I've not gone across anything, this is who I've always been.

• Like 1
999papercranes

@Andiamo Thanks! :) 

Here are my rants about my need for gender expression.

I really really want to cut my hair short. My hair is long right now and it doesn't really bug me but it doesn't feel like my hair at the same time. I think I'd achieve that androgynous look much better if I cut it, but I have curly hair and a face that wouldn't look good with shorter hair so I don't know. 

The good thing is that my mom is actually on board with this. (To an extent. I'm talking chin-length.) If she knew it was because I wanted to look less feminine, she wouldn't be, but still. (She's very binary-oriented. She's super accepting of binary trans and isn't homophobic at all, though. She just thinks men should be masculine and I should be feminine.) 

I really wish she wasn't so concerned with me looking so feminine because I want to wear guy's shirts. They're baggier and boxier and would help my chest appear flatter. My friend wears guy's shirts all the time and her mom just doesn't care. 

I also really want to bind but that won't happen until I'm eighteen and out of the house. For now I just wear sports bras and imagine what it'd look like to have a completely flat chest. I wish every day that I would have been born in a completely neutral body. No reproductive organs or curves at all. 

• Like 1
Luftschlosseule

Gosh, hair. I've always wanted long hair and now it is kind of the length I had in mind but every time the dye wears off I think about cutting it. Last time I cut it short I regretted it pretty soon and I don't think it would suit my face. Male metalheads have long hair, elves do, so... I try to ignore it. Friday I'll buy new hair dye.

I heard that there is a special kind of sportsbra dancers use, which compress more than a regular sportsbra but are made to be worn while working out, so there is no time restriction, you could even sleep in the thing. I want to give them a try, but right now, I have no money and am loosing weight and want to wait a bit more till my weight is more constant.
Today, I am starting a new sport course after not doing any sports for a long time, so I will probably loose even more weight and I see no sense in buying anything new now.

Also, I am starting this for health reasons, my muscles are so cramped that they affect my nerves, and in theory I have other things going on which are quite more pressing than a bra... quite literally. Walking with numb feet is no fun.

Curious thing is, I have no problem with the cut of women's clothing, but I like things simple. And I mostly wear black. Somehow, designers seem to think that a simple black shirt is a no-go and needs strass. Or pants. Or sweaters.
"Lets put a ribbon on these knickers!"

• Like 2
TheLastStarCat
14 hours ago, BionicPi said:

I don't identify with the trans* label because no matter that I know the definition, I can't help reading 'across', and that's not what I feel like. I've not gone across anything, this is who I've always been.

I don't either. Even if I'm not reading it as across, I feel like the label implies that I have a gender, which I don't.

999papercranes
7 minutes ago, TheLastStarCat said:

I don't either. Even if I'm not reading it as across, I feel like the label implies that I have a gender, which I don't.

I hate this! It's always assumed you're either "trans" or "cisgender," and I identify with neither. I'm just... neither of them. Is that so hard? I'm not "transitioning" to a gender, I'm transitioning out of the gender role society has placed upon me as an AFAB person. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TheLastStarCat said:

And i know "trans*" is meant to be inclusive, but the computer scientist in me can't help but read the star as "all", so it reads as trans- (e.g. Transboy, transgirl, transgender)

• Like 1
ChillaKilla
3 hours ago, 999papercranes said:

I'm not "transitioning" to a gender,

Saying trans people are "transitioning to a gender" is blatantly false and implying that we aren't the gender we truly are. We're transitioning our physical and social forms to match our inner identity. Thanks.

999papercranes
56 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

Saying trans people are "transitioning to a gender" is blatantly false and implying that we aren't the gender we truly are. We're transitioning our physical and social forms to match our inner identity. Thanks.

I wasn't trying to be offensive... I meant "trans" usually means someone was born in the wrong body and is transitioning from the sex they were assigned at birth and the gender roles put upon them from birth to the gender they really are.