A(gender)vengers Assemble!

The Pofessional

The Pofessional

[etc]

We can have Poitín (an illegal Irish drink made from potatoes). [etc]

Dare I ask why it's illegal?

Can we have poutine as well? It's got fries (made from potatoes) and grave and cheese too!

• Like 1

I want all of the poutine.

Ps, i may not be able to attend any meets we may have planned this week. I'm currently having crappy internet issues due to I live in the middle of nowhere. This should all be fixed by thursday next week.

Ren over and out.

The Pofessional

On that note, Mid-northwestern British Columbia is the new middle of nowhere. Forget Iqaluit.

And speaking of planning any Tinychat meets, what's everyone (anyone) doing this Sunday?

Woo. Korean Ramen? :)

[etc]

We can have Poitín (an illegal Irish drink made from potatoes). [etc]

Dare I ask why it's illegal?

'Tis moonshine.

But I hear that some is made legally.

• Like 1
The Pofessional

Aw man I am so frightened to eat kimchi.

Probably because the people describing it to me can't decide if it's spicy, not spicy, sweet, or not sweet, whether or not it has a fishy taste... I have no idea what to expect.

• Like 2

When I am in Korea, I eat it with every meal (everyone does). Mainly, it is spicy, and tasty.

There are different kinds.

Kimchi_Collection.jpg

• Like 1
The Pofessional

What's the kind they serve at restaurants outside of Korea? It looks sort of like Baechu Kimchi.

Indeed, the cabbage kimchi is generally what people think of when they think of kimchi and if there is any kimchi served (if there is just one or six) that will nearly always be present. It is rare that I have a Korean meal without that kind.

It is spicy and goes well with most Korean dishes.

Now I need to get my company to send me on (yet) another paid trip to Korea. I just spent six weeks in Suwon (just south of Seoul).

I approve of this name!

*Joins the club*

I may or may not have giggle-snorted a bit when I saw this thread...

-creeps into the club-

Agender.. here. Can I be Hawkeye? Or Iron Man.. wait.. Iron agender person. I'll just be Hawkeye.

And free snacks too, awesome.

/silently creeps into this membership

Welcome welcome! I believe we are still attempting a tinychat meet up. Po jo? Where are you? I require your assistance.

When is this next tinychat going to be?

Currently unknown. I will attempt to set up the next one. Any suggestions what day/time?

The Pofessional

Welcome welcome! I believe we are still attempting a tinychat meet up. Po jo? Where are you? I require your assistance.

Hello! I wish to humbly apologize for my absence: I've been putting into motion events which will (hopefully) lead to my transition and I underestimated how much, um, time that eats up.

(Also I may or may not have been consumed by Etrian Odyssey IV.)

I would also like to greet all the new members! It's very lovely to have you all <3

Ah theres my lovey Po jo. So should we plan a date for a meet up?

• 2 weeks later...
The Pofessional

Jeeeebus okay so here's the run down -

For some strange, awful reason, I can no longer access AVEN from my home computer. Nothing will load - front page, forums, or chat. It's been bloody stupid trying to wrangle with the damn thing, especially when I have no idea what the problem is. Nevertheless, I will continue to try and discover a solution - I promise I have not forgotten all you lovely people <3

Anyway, I hope to be back in regular contact with y'all soon. Hugs and squishes!

Glad to know nothing has happened to my lovely Po jo. Its always that damn computer! Burnnnn ittt

Sorry to jump in here so late but hi! I was atracted to all the potato based foodstuffs. How are we on mashed potato's or the New Jersey diner variant "Disco Fries", french fries with gravy and American cheese? Sorry, a bit spud obsessed. Those ruffle cut chips at the head of the thread looked so scrumptious!

• Like 2
The Pofessional

Sorry to jump in here so late but hi! I was atracted to all the potato based foodstuffs. How are we on mashed potato's or the New Jersey diner variant "Disco Fries", french fries with gravy and American cheese? Sorry, a bit spud obsessed. Those ruffle cut chips at the head of the thread looked so scrumptious!

Ouuughhhhhh disco fries sound heavenly - kind of like an American poutine. Is it grated cheese or cheese curds?

Potatoes! :)

What's taters?

tumblr_m6h84mAoMS1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

• Like 1

Disco fries are usually made with slices of American cheese. I don't think you can grate that stuff and its so far away from the simple curd as to bear little resemblance. Think "heavily processed"! And it is heavinly!

The Pofessional

Note to self: when in New Jersey in the inevitable future, consume disco fries.

Oh, and in case it was in question, my internet is fixed now. Huzzah!

• Like 1

Po jo is back? huzzahhhhh! by the way mashed potatoes are the king of the potato family. So should we finally plan something? I think we should. Though I am very busy this week. -_-