ITV This Morning

osiris8siriso

http://www.itv.com/thismorning/life/i-will-never-have-sex-again/

That was the scariest thing I have EVER done lol. I was a little disappointed as I wanted Pip and Holly, but Ruth and Eamon were the nicest people you could possibly hope to meet. Everyone was amasingly kind (Esepcially Martin who discussed the headlines) I went to the toilet with Kerry Katona and saw all of Atomic Kitten. Very surreal. Emma (the shrink) was an absolute star and was on my side from the get go. Everyone was brilliant! x

oh my wooooord!

I read the newspaper article about you and that's how I ended up here, I owe you a HUGE thankyou so THANKYOU!

I'm extremely happy actually being able to say thankyou. lol

I'm so glad you had the courage to have the article done and do that interview because I'd still feel like a lost person, if you've helped me by doing all this imagine how many more you've possibly helped, amazing interview btw, you were brilliant!

• Like 1
Janus the Fox

I've just seen it on the ITV Catchup Service, its 25 minutes in and last around 10 minutes.

The only gripe with it is that it stereotyping asexuality with not liking and hating sex, but at least the Psychologist did set the record straight in most areas, it is still lacking male representation in these things overall. This should provide a great boost for British new AVENites (someone get it on YouTube! :D)

This is also one of the best interviews i've seen on asexuality! Well done Lisa and thank you so much for the amazing visibility. I wouldn't have the courage to do that and really admire you for that. You should be really proud in the knowledge that you've reached out to lots of people. Great stuff! And the psychologist really was so so good!

• Like 1

Thank you! I think they would struggle to find a man willing to talk about it in public, and the amount of abuse you get is likely to put them off too! Emma the psych was amasing, she is one of the most genuinely nice people I've ever met and she didn't try and shoot me down! x

I will admit, that although I have volunteered for newspaper articles and was interviewed/photographed for an Asexual Visibilty Exhibition, I really wouldn't have the courage to go and do anything like this. Once again I will say that I really admire your strength Lisa :) And it was nice to see an accepting Pyschologist too. In my expereince they don't come around too often. One of the best pieces I have seen.

@P.D.T. Perhaps you and I can get ourselves on to Sky News. They have that wonderful human being Kate Burley :mad::mad::mad:

• Like 1
Janus the Fox

@P.D.T. Perhaps you and I can get ourselves on to Sky News. They have that wonderful human being Kate Burley :mad::mad::mad:

Yeah I kinda hate Sky News, once they did a report on 'Britons Sickness Benefit Capital' for where I live... The respect for them is not quite exactly high for Sky News... :rolleyes:

TurquoisePurple

Has Lisa or anyone else put up her interview for Radio 5 live, on here yet? At least, I can't find.

Well I have a link for it (: am guessing only the UK will be able to see/listen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b01q98yj/

It starts at just after 1:45:20

• Like 1

Yeah I kinda hate Sky News, once they did a report on 'Britons Sickness Benefit Capital' for where I live... The respect for them is not quite exactly high for Sky News... :rolleyes:

It is so unfortunate that they make the genuinely ill, therfore genuine claimants, feel so bad about themselves, when the less honest amongst us, feel no indignity whatsoever.

• Like 1