New Asexuality Zine: The Ethical Ace [Call For Submissions]

rainelynn

Hi there! I'm Raine, and myself and a group of friends are in the process of putting together a zine on asexuality, but we can't do it alone!

We're looking for:

• articles
  • short stories
  • poems
  • art
  • anything!!!

Send it all! If we use your submission, you will be fully credited in whatever manner you'd like. Also, if we use your submission, I'd also love to mail you a hand-made copy as a token of our appreciation. It will also be available online in PDF format for easy reading or distributing.

Just one more thing: our theme is positive, reaffirming, uplifting, and empowering asexuality.

Please send any submissions, comments, questions or concerns to TheEthicalAce@gmail.com. Thanks for helping us make asexuality a little more visible - and at least 20% cooler!

Would you like us to mail in things such as our story discovering asexuality, and how it has changed our lives, our story since discovering asexuality, etc. Your a bit vague when it comes to the actual content you want. Don't get me wrong I love the fact that it's positive and empowering asexuality, but that's kind of a broad spectrum! ^_^

It can be literally anything you want - personal stories, fiction, non-fiction, essays on hoe asexuality affects your life, essays on ace activism - as long as it has a positive message.

Hm, interesting. I'm not normally a writer for anything published, but seeing as how this is for asexual visibility, I may be tempted to give it a shot. Perhaps if I need something to procrastinate on I will remember your site :rolleyes:

I can't send you anything but, i will gladly say good luck with the project! I think it's an amazing idea! :wub:

I don't think I'll be able to send you anything unless you'll be okay with me sending it to you through AVEN...Its a brilliant idea though, cant wait to see the results. ^_^

I've got a few things I might be able to contribute, though they are not recent pieces. I'll take a look and see if they can be brushed up at all. I certainly like the idea of having something to show my friends, all of whom are quite baffled by me :)

I've got something I can submit but it needs tidying up a little, is there a deadline?

I sent an email with this question but realized it might be handy for others as well:

Do you need written submissions to be in any specific file type, or would one be easier for you to use?

SpecialFXLady

I have a piece that I wrote on being a sex-potive asexual and how I feel that we should be supported in the sex-positive community (because sex positivity isn't always about having sex - it's about having choices) so I could e-mail that to you if you want.

justaspinster

For artistic submissions, do you want a photo of the work or would you like the work itself, because I'd love to try to weave a small tapestry of this theme into a larger piece that I am working on, but could not send anything but a photo.

I sent something already. I hope you like it.

Archived