When did you hit puberty?

pejoratist

When did you hit puberty (relative to your peers)?  

1. 1.

• Relatively early (male)
    • Relatively early (female)
    • About average
    • Relatively late (male)
    • Relatively late (female)

This poll is closed to new votes

I hit puberty at the average age 12, and have basically a non-existant sex drive. (I only have a "manual switch" so to speak) I like my men more on the masculine side, but that's because I had an effeminate boyfriend once before and he had mother-attachment issues and although absolutely refused to admit it, was a lesbian in a man's body. I'm very secure in myself, so I guess that means I have good self-esteem? I can see a lot of flaws in myself, but the way I see it, what some people call flaws are what others think of as endearing or clever, so I might as well be happy with myself :D

Truth be told my body is very irregulated though, I'm not sure why. In every respect my body gets itself in a set routine like it should and then breaks it for no reason. I don't fall sleep regularly, I don't menstrate regularly, I don't get hungry regularly, I can't expect my body to do anything when it should DX

Maybe that has something to do with my low sex drive, I'm not really sure, but I don't really care either. I don't know what I would do with a high sex drive^^;

I was a late bloomer, and was wise enough to even appreciate that at the time :o

I've been called an alpha female; if it's applying to just general "lead the pack" qualities then sure, whatever *shrug* but if it's about the mating side of things...

I just realized, I have no idea what having one's pick of mates would be like in reality. Of course, I don't presume that the people who think they have that power are being realistic, but hey... The first illustration that came to mind was Alan Rickman in Robin Hood: "You. My room. 10:30. You. 10:45. Bring a friend." Surely that's not how it works. Is it?

• 7 months later...

I can't answer- I was a special case.

I started a precocious puberty at age 7 and my main, true puberty at 11.

As for effects on self-esteem? Well, it was pretty bad. I'm still recovering from some of it.

I'm female, I hit puberty at eleven, and was traumatized utterly by it. I have fairly high self-esteem now but I am definetly not an alpha female (At least not in my mind... I only attract creepy, mean guys and not the sweet, shy girls I would like to be with).

well i started getting my period at 10,

and i was developing hair and breast about a year or two before that...

thus I'm in the early group..

so i was bullied in elementary school for having boobs..oh joy, i remember desperately wishing that i could change places with one of those that didn't start puberty until their mid teens....

my self esteem is a bit below average

and well as far as sex drive goes..it depends on what it means,

since one ends up with the whole masturbation versus sex disinction,

and well I've never had much of a want to have sex with someone.

Around 11-12. Early then ?

...I had my very first period at 8 :ph34r: but apparently it was just an oddity, I didn't get it again before 11 IIRC.

• 2 weeks later...

I was around twelve. I don't care for masculine men or well endowed women though. I like androgynous. I also have low libido if any at all. The theory doesn't apply to me. :D

carried in bags

different things at different times, but yeah, about average

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
LittleMissAwesome

I was pretty early, I got my first period when I was 11 and it was pretty much downhill from there :rolleyes: I've got like zero self-esteem or sex drive, so I suppose I fit

about average I think. Age 12ish. Grew 6 inches in one month.

Around 10 or 11, so about average. I remember noticing the changes and sorta thinking "Huh." and then going on with my life. The only significant change for me was having to pay more attention to the color my pants were during that time of the month.

I stopped growing height-wise at about 15; I think I grew half an inch throughout all of high school. I have a pretty good sex drive though it fluctuates from week to week.

Archived