Important Reformatting to theTOS

Amcan

Dear Members,

Following discussion and voting the Admod team can now reveal the reformatted ToS. The ToS itself does need an overhaul and it is an ongoing concern but for the moment we've been working on making the current version clearer with sections being moved and several areas edited.

No information has been lost, some parts have been replaced with links and the part regarding the Admod Forum and mod and admin duties is
here
. Other sections have been expanded upon. In particular there are additions to the section on Members' security, a mention to researchers and students rules under Other policies, the deactivation policy and useful links here and there. Chatbans have also been added under the Warning and Ban system.

We hope that this reformatted ToS goes some way into making the information clearer and may help answer some member concerns.

The reformatted TOS can be found
here

Thank you

on behalf of Admods

Amcan

Information Administator

In section 2, the letters j and k were skipped. Also, slanderous should be changed to libelous. Slander is spoken, libel is written. I know I mentioned that last year, but apparently, I need to mention it again.

Overall though, the format is much better than the old one.

In section 2, the letters j and k were skipped. Also, slanderous should be changed to libelous. Slander is spoken, libel is written. I know I mentioned that last year, but apparently, I need to mention it again.

Overall though, the format is much better than the old one.

Thanks for pointing out these things. The j and k thing is my mistake. In the (main) italian alphabet we don't have them and I forgot of their existence. :P

As for slander/libel, personally I find it way more understandable for all users, especially second English speakers, if we use 'slanderous', even though it's technically less correct, because it's more known than 'libelous', as far as I can tell.

But obviously if the majority of members wants it to be changed, I will not oppose it.

I never knew that about the Italian language.

I doubt anyone else cares, I'm just nit picky (I probably would've had a career in law as a paralegal if I weren't an editor).

Yeah at least when I went to school, the alphabet was:

ABCDEFGHILMNOPQRSTUVZ

then after we learned the basic, we were taught the "english letters" ;)

Janus the Fox
Great work, I like the quotation layout. This visually groups relevant rules better than paragraphs ;)

Archived