Oldies fun thread

test account

No, let's not bother with a title  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Why does there have to be a question?

• I'm only filling this in because I like polls
    • This poll sucks
    • Dysphoria is my middle name
    • Why is this even in Older Asexuals?
    • Oops, I just read the explanation. Sorry.
    • Actually I can see the funny side of this
    • But I still don't approve
    • Would the mods please remove this poll and thread topic?
    • No, just the poll would be fine
    • HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE
    • This poll bothers me
    • I still can't find an answer I want to choose
    • Can we please have some kittens now?
    • I just ate a kitten
    • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  2. 2. Oh look, we can add another question!

• But this time you must choose only ONE answer because I control this poll!
    • Okay then I'll choose this one.

truthseeker30

Pigs in blankets are sausages wrapped in bacon. They're yummy.

A friend of mine often says that she likes children, but couldn't eat a whole one.

On a far too serious note for this thread, what actually does make food qualify as organic? I suspect with all the rubbish that I eat I'm safe from Mr Pilkington.

Classic put down from 'The Bill' - "I've tubs of yoghurt in my fridge older than you!" :lol:

*Some good news...they're doing reruns of the ORIGINAL Hawaii 5-0 from Monday :D *

Oh thanks Tan. Now I've got that damn song in my mind.

Empty Chairs & Tables
Pigs in blankets are sausages wrapped in bacon. They're yummy.

Here, pigs in blankets are hotdogs (or mini sausages) wrapped in some sort of pastry dough.

We need to find this out. I don't want to be eaten by Mr Pilkington either, unless I'm already dead.

Pigs in blankets.... I'm traumatised now. I suppose Karl grew up with calling his boiled eggs and toast 'eggs and soldiers'. I don't know if soldiers are organic though.

I don't think Sir Karl, the legendary Mr. Pilkington with his wondrous Pilko Pump Pants, would ever go as far as to call that most yummy of breakfats, Eggs and Soldiers.

"Just egg wa bread. Don't make it sound fancy, just put it on me plate and a'll eat it"

Any reference to Mr. Pilkington is always welcomed Sweety.

@truthseeker30- You can't beat the old ones. My brother uses the the same line as your friend. For some reason people are usually more offended if he says it about dogs :wacko:

As for organic food, I think it just has to be free of everything and grown in soil. Preferably with a little sunshine and not in one of those massive polly tunnel things. Ya know, how they used to do it back in the old days ^_^

Guest Invisible Pumpkin
cute_animals_25.jpg

sleeping%2Bseal.jpg

cute_animals_13.jpg

195836283765963440_4Z0Psv63_b.jpg

Now.. desserts are playing dead. What do I do..

haha! Funny comment and lovely pics. My pet used to do that when I was going to scold her (not so sure if scold it's the right word), well when she knew I was mad at her and demanding to behave and then, when I was about to stop she gave me puppy eyes and the paw :wub:.

not in one of those massive polly tunnel things.

Massive polly tunnel? An obese tunnel named Molly? :blink:

No, no, no, the tunnel's name is *Polly*. *Molly* is the name of my dog.

Oh. Well, that's quite rational, then.

I wish I had a tunnel named after me. It would be lined with ladybugs.

Oh a more serious note--I was just making a most cogent reply for this thread, and, and, and BAAAAWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!! It got eaten by the ether! It is now floating alone in space, out in electronic never-never land, <sob!> I think the mod did it, if you ask me, since I was <gasp!> TALKING ABOUT THE MOD IN MY POST. There! I said it! The secret's out! You see, I was trying to express my concern that I haven't seen any sign that we've set up the proper committee to bribe, er I mean, keep the mod properly distracted. The mod needs to be distracted, otherwise our beautiful, awesome "Farfle, Farfle, Peppik" thread will be cruelly shoved over to the "Just For Fun" forum, and we'd all have NO CHOICE but to get back to our knitting. Actually, I enjoy knitting. It shows a certain je ne sais quoi, or pain au chocolat, or perhaps even plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose, or perhaps merely a piece de resistance--or maybe just corn-on-the-cob. But seriously, if this thread got cruelly shoved over to Just For Fun, do you realize what would happen? Do you? Well, DO YOU?????? It would get the threads tangled up, and mess up our knitting!!! And THIS IS SERIOUS!!! Well, if I post enough seriousness (and I seem to be the ONLY ONE even ATTEMPTING to be serious), then maybe we'll be spared from that awful fate. So, it is my community duty to be serious. Someone else distract the mod for me? And . . . a pig-in-the-blanket is a sausage wrapped in a biscuit (when it is still in dough form) and baked or fried until done. I'm getting hungry. It's kind of like a sausage kolache (sp? The Polish equivalent to a grand old Southern dish.) In fact, I think that the Heathen family may post a recipe for this at a later point.

I wish to state here that as a student of German, it's a good thing I have access to Wikipedia! :) And now, <drum roll please> ROLL ROLL ROLL Oh, no! The bass drum is ROLLING DOWN THE HILL AT ME!! No! Spare me! I meant to say BREAD ROLL. And now for a message from our sponsor, also known as Cutehorsie, also known as Heathensdottir:

Hey, Lady Girl, You have enough cake to start your own cake shop! Or bakery. And, I LOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE pig-in-the-blankets. Mama, also known as Heathenmom, makes the most yummy-wummy pig-in-the-blanket! Here's our secret recipe: (But, Heathensdottir, if we publish this recipe, it will no longer be secret!, Love, Heathenmom) (I know that, Mom!) Brats (as in bratwurst, not certain people on this thread--Heathenmom), tortillas, bacon grease. Put lots of bacon grease in a deep skillet. While it's melting, get a brat (once again a bratwurst, not--oh well, you get the idea--Heathenmom), place it on top of a tortilla. Fold it thus: fold over both ends of the brat, then roll the rest around completely enclosing it. Repeat until until all the brats and tortillas have been used up. Place them in the sizzling-hot grease, and fry, rolling them around with a spatula until they are golden brown. Take out of the grease, drain. Squirt with anything edible, yummy, and squirtable. Mom (also known as Heathenmom) prefers mustard or ranch dressing. And I (also known as Cutehorsie, also known as Heathensdottir) prefer either ketchup or salad dressing. Ta-DA!!! So read it aloud, the whole thing. You don't have to add that, Mama! (Heathenmom is taking typing dictation here.) GRRRRRR!!!! MAMA!! Be SERIOUS!!!! Backspace! Backspace! Backspace! WAAAHHHHH!!!!! <pant, pant, pant> <scowl> GRRRR!!!! It is very difficult having a Heathen as a mom, let me tell you, because they're very silly/unserious.

If anyone is having trouble with the folding instructions, all you have to do is to come over here and get folding lessons from Super-Origami-Girl, also known as Cutehorsie, also known as Heathendottir.

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! I've done a TRIPLE POST, and if this one stays separate and behaves itself, it might even be a QUADRUPLE POST! This is SERIOUS!!!! (See? I'm keeping the mod happy some more.) By the way, I have a question. A serious one. Seriously! How does one do that font that's crossed out? You know the letters with the line going through them? Yes, yes, yes, I see the various fonts at the top of this reply box, but I can't get any of them to "plug in", so I am limited, I say, CRUELLY limited to just plain type as I post here. Jolly good! (Oops, sorry, we've been watching too much Monty Python over here . . . )

Guest Invisible Pumpkin
Heathenmom, you must ask Yummy the Wise, for she often uses the sacred runes of crossed out letters. *nods omnisciently*

LOL!

@Heathenmom: Lets see... I'm not so sure if I understood well the question, I reply according what I'm guess you are asking, if I didn't got it right, please let me know so I edit the post and won't look like a fool I can reply in a proper way lol.

If you can't use the buttons when posting, be sure of clicking this one:

20130113205231.jpg

Once you have done it, should allow you to select the functions we can use to post, then click this one:

20130113205529.jpg

and click it again once you are done with it. :)

Off topic, but do you have any idea how much digging around it took for me to find out what the hell 'farfle farfle peppik' is all about? :P

Empty Chairs & Tables
Off topic, but do you have any idea how much digging around it took for me to find out what the hell 'farfle farfle peppik' is all about? :P

Apparently you did not find out enough, as there is no such thing as a "topic" in Farfle Farfle Peppik. :P

Apparently you did not find out enough, as there is no such thing as a "topic" in Farfle Farfle Peppik. :P

You may want to adjust the sensitivity on your irony meter. :P

Heathenmom, you must ask Yummy the Wise, for she often uses the sacred runes of crossed out letters. *nods omnisciently*

Wishes I possessed such magical powers, salutes Yummies awesomenessness!

Oh a more serious note--I was just making a most cogent reply for this thread, and, and, and BAAAAWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!! It got eaten by the ether! It is now floating alone in space, out in electronic never-never land, <sob!> I think the mod did it, if you ask me, since I was <gasp!> TALKING ABOUT THE MOD IN MY POST. There! I said it! The secret's out! You see, I was trying to express my concern that I haven't seen any sign that we've set up the proper committee to bribe, er I mean, keep the mod properly distracted. The mod needs to be distracted, otherwise our beautiful, awesome "Farfle, Farfle, Peppik" thread will be cruelly shoved over to the "Just For Fun" forum, and we'd all have NO CHOICE but to get back to our knitting. Actually, I enjoy knitting. It shows a certain je ne sais quoi, or pain au chocolat, or perhaps even plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose, or perhaps merely a piece de resistance--or maybe just corn-on-the-cob. But seriously, if this thread got cruelly shoved over to Just For Fun, do you realize what would happen? Do you? Well, DO YOU?????? It would get the threads tangled up, and mess up our knitting!!! And THIS IS SERIOUS!!! Well, if I post enough seriousness (and I seem to be the ONLY ONE even ATTEMPTING to be serious), then maybe we'll be spared from that awful fate. So, it is my community duty to be serious. Someone else distract the mod for me? And . . . a pig-in-the-blanket is a sausage wrapped in a biscuit (when it is still in dough form) and baked or fried until done. I'm getting hungry. It's kind of like a sausage kolache (sp? The Polish equivalent to a grand old Southern dish.) In fact, I think that the Heathen family may post a recipe for this at a later point.

*Psssttt* I for one *whisper whisper* believe that a commitee *looking around to see if anyone is lurking* should be formed, with a sole p *sshhhhhhh* urpose of bribery towards the .......... mm......oh........d's. If we keep it real quiet like, I am sure we can slip under their radars.

WHAT! NO, NOT ME. JUST TALKING.......N STUFF. NOTHING. SSNOTHING BEING SAID HERE EITHER.......YEAH, WE'RE FINE......................RUN, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE Heathenmom............AND DON'T LOOK BACK.....

Oh. Well, that's quite rational, then.

I wish I had a tunnel named after me. It would be lined with ladybugs.

Polytunnel_-_geograph_org_uk_-_187558.jp

Just whipped this one up last night. *TA DA* It's Sallys very own personalised Polly Tunnel.

*Lady Birds are optional*

Thought that was marihuana at first but after zooming in think its giant spinach. So lady birds are welcome what about bugs bunnies?

Bugs bunnies, with Bugsy Malone on a buggy are most certainly allowed. Preferably doing the boogy.

Archived