Oldies fun thread

test account

No, let's not bother with a title  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Why does there have to be a question?

• I'm only filling this in because I like polls
    • This poll sucks
    • Dysphoria is my middle name
    • Why is this even in Older Asexuals?
    • Oops, I just read the explanation. Sorry.
    • Actually I can see the funny side of this
    • But I still don't approve
    • Would the mods please remove this poll and thread topic?
    • No, just the poll would be fine
    • HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE
    • This poll bothers me
    • I still can't find an answer I want to choose
    • Can we please have some kittens now?
    • I just ate a kitten
    • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  2. 2. Oh look, we can add another question!

• But this time you must choose only ONE answer because I control this poll!
    • Okay then I'll choose this one.

Autumn Sunrise

I couldn't say, Fire Monkey :D but apparently the caution now also applies to "exceptionally naughty adults"! Make of that what you will :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Thought you might like an obscure Scottish joke (I'm Scots, so I can get away with this...)

3 cows in a field....which one is on holiday?

The one with the wee calf (get it? week off...) groan!

also, : English woman goes to a Scots wedding. she asks the nearest Scotsman wearing a kilt ' Is anything worn under the kilt?'

He replies: 'No madam, everything is in good working order!'......

Here's the last one for now....

How do you get a 50 pence piece out of a Scotsman's hand?

With a spanner!

(in the UK a 50 pence piece is an eight sided coin...)

No offence intended! Just fun...

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

...Ok, here's the last one of the day!

How do you become a famous Scottish poet?

Just stand with your back to the fire till you're Rabbie Burns!

....I thank you! (bows)

• 2 months later...
Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Here's an american joke I just heard.

A teacher says to the class 'Now when you write these essays, there are 2 words I don't want you to use - one's 'great' and the other is 'lousy'.

After a long silence, one class member puts up their hand and asks......'yes, but what are the words?'

• 2 months later...
cavalier080854

I hope we are all growing old disgracefully, and spending our kids/nearest relations inheritance.

Joke:- Did you know when a woman is happy, her sweat smells of onions.

That's because where there is a happy woman, there is a man in tears nearby.

Alright, alright. It's sexist, but that is the point of jokes. Instead of complaining how about a joke at mens expense. Also for those of us who are of a nonhetero inclination change man to woman, or woman to man. It still works.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Two cheeky ones (literally and metaphorically).....

Did you hear about the constipated ballroom dancer? He couldn't Pasa Doble!

Did you hear about the constipated mathematician? He had to work it out with a pencil!

Yes, I hear you groan....

• 1 month later...
Phantasmal Fingers

I've just bought a zimmer frame. It helps me get around. All I need now is a commode so I won't have to shit meself every time I sneeze! :laugh:

When I was in the 3rd grade I told my first joke in front of the whole classroom:

What happened to the ant on the toilet?  It got pissed off.

Phantasmal Fingers

Fun? Us oldies? But most of us are older than 35 - or even 40? Fun my arse! That was f*ckin years ago! :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
Autumn Sunrise

I can't reproduce the art work that came with this, but perhaps the caption will suffice :lol:

Picture of a (slightly less than jolly) Santa in traditional red suit: caption reads:

"Australia is on my naughty list for stealing oil (reference to the Timor Sea oil field boundary dispute) . . . but I can't really give them more coal" !!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
PeterPanForever

These are two of my favorite oldies: 

speaking of classic music, i was in dublin these past 2 days and got myself a 2 cd collection of dusty springfield

i like her stuff whenever BBC 6 music plays it so I decided to get it.

i also bought billie marten's album but this is might be the wrong thread for that.

i also just did a google search and billie marten was not yet born when dusty springfield died though 3 months apart

• 4 months later...
SilverFlower

I just went to the 40th anniversary tour event of Carlos Santana.  I had seen him in concert over 40 years ago when he was only the "warm up band" for Chicago.  It was great to see him again and to know that the old geezer can still lay down the riffs.  And he always hires the most excellent young musicians to tour with him.  Real talent doesn't get old.

4 hours ago, SilverFlower said:

I just went to the 40th anniversary tour event of Carlos Santana.  I had seen him in concert over 40 years ago when he was only the "warm up band" for Chicago.  It was great to see him again and to know that the old geezer can still lay down the riffs.  And he always hires the most excellent young musicians to tour with him.  Real talent doesn't get old.

Thanks for sharing :)

I'm curious, who was he supporting 40 years ago?

SilverFlower
15 hours ago, iff said:

Thanks for sharing :)

I'm curious, who was he supporting 40 years ago?

There was a really famous band called "Chicago" back in the day.   Not that the concert was in the city of Chicago.  Sorry that may have been a little vague.

My Dad was a big "Chicago" fan and he took me to the concert because Mom was more of a jazz fan.  I didn't have a driver's license yet so I was maybe 14 or so.  Neither of us knew who this Santana guy was but we listened and said, "Hey, he is pretty good.  He might be famous someday". :)

thanks @SilverFlower I read it absolutely wrong this morning :) one day, maybe a support act i've seen will make it big :D 

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Great music postings, @Peterson515 and @iff.I keep forgetting the fantastic Doris Day did that song before the cover by the Mamas and Papas.

We were all mad about Carlos Santana  when I was a teen. I need that slogan on a t shirt @Bonnie888, sure it's around on Merchandace.

• 10 months later...
kiaroskuro
On 7/19/2017 at 8:32 AM, chandrakirti said:

Great music postings, @Peterson515 and @iff.I keep forgetting the fantastic Doris Day did that song before the cover by the Mamas and Papas.

We were all mad about Carlos Santana  when I was a teen. I need that slogan on a t shirt @Bonnie888, sure it's around on Merchandace.

Ha ha, I also loved Santana's music as a teen, but that was in the late 90s when he made his comeback with the incredibly successful album  "Supernatural". I'm a young(ish) oldie 🙂

Archived