Is it possible to be Bisexual AND Asexual?

Special Agent Korin

Special Agent Korin

Just a question I wanna know because I get the urges but I don't like sex in general.

To answer this, you have to define what you're asking. If you define "Bisexual" as "Someone who is sexually attracted to both classic genders" and "Asexual" as "Someone who does not experience sexual attraction", then no, the concepts wouldn't be compatible.

It is, however, possible to be asexual in this definition and biromantic. It's also possible to be biromantic Demisexual or graysexual.

Or you may not actually be asexual and simply be sex-repulsed. Sex-repulsed sexuals don't seem to be very common, but there's no reason to think they don't exist.

Hopefully this helps you get a better idea of things :P

I've had a chance to read the soc.bi wiki.

A bisexual is an individual attracted to both sexes.

"bi" indicates attraction, romantic or sexual, to both genders, whether such attraction is behaved out or not.

There is "bisensual" which refers to touch behavior that is not necessarily productive of a sexual response.

Janus the Fox
Can't see why not, though the OP is unclear, it is possible to have no sexual attraction but have desire and capable of sex as a bisexual, thus experiencing Asexuality with an orientation of Bisexuality. It is a separate feature of sexual identity but not impossible for an asexual to want sex for the sake of sex without sexual attraction.
big_A_little_a
To answer this, you have to define what you're asking. If you define "Bisexual" as "Someone who is sexually attracted to both classic genders" and "Asexual" as "Someone who does not experience sexual attraction", then no, the concepts wouldn't be compatible.

It is, however, possible to be asexual in this definition and biromantic. It's also possible to be biromantic Demisexual or graysexual.

Or you may not actually be asexual and simply be sex-repulsed. Sex-repulsed sexuals don't seem to be very common, but there's no reason to think they don't exist.

Hopefully this helps you get a better idea of things :P

To elaborate on your point, if you don't mind, you can also have sex with both genders and still be asexual as long as you feel no sexual attraction to those genders.

Ace-of-Blades

Personally, as long as sex doesn't come into it, I don't care what cha got down there :)