Married to an Asexual

groovycasting

groovycasting

This may sound a little random but I'm a casting director in LA and I'm working on a new show about successful marriages.

A new docu-series on a major cable network is exploring married couples where one partner has an unusual job and/or lifestyle. We had a hugely successful pilot and are now casting the first season and scouring the country looking for couples.

One of the pairings we're looking for is a couple that is in a marriage where one of them identifies as asexual.

The show aims to take a TASTEFUL look at happily married couples (we are NOT looking for dysfunction and drama) and how what most would consider an unusual pairing-- works for this couple.

The show will explore your everyday life-- there will be no therapy, there will be no script- we want to see how you navigate life together given your unique lifestyle and we want to see how you handle the challenges that come from being in this type of relationship.

If this is you or you know another couple that might be willing to share their story, I'd love to hear from them. We're casting for the next 2 weeks and the filming would take place sometime between January and March. Couples are compensated for thier participation and I want to reiterate that the show purpose is to highlight happy marriages, and show how non-traditional relationships can be successful.

Any interested parties should reach out to me ASAP and tell me a little bit about your situtation. Anywhere in the country is fine, couples ages 20's-40's.

Groovycasting at Gmail

Groovy: usually requests like these go through one of our moderators or administrators, and I've emailed one of them.

You don't really give any information about who you are, what cable channel is involved, or anything else. That would be good to provide, because you're asking for other peoples' personal information.

Groovy: usually requests like these go through one of our moderators or administrators, and I've emailed one of them.

You don't really give any information about who you are, what cable channel is involved, or anything else. That would be good to provide, because you're asking for other peoples' personal information.

I have contacted a member of the Project Team :)

I have contacted a member of the Project Team :)

Thanks, Ithaca.

Sounds like a good idea for a show. "Successful marriages?" Not many of those... (humor). Anyway, why don't you do a show where both people are asexual. You can find a few if you look around here, I'm sure.

ONLY couples aged 20 - 40's?!!! Successful marriages. I would consider mine a success (we dont fight, we get along) - i have made it 30+ yrs - age 56. I guess the target audience is going to be young. WHO would want to hear from a ..... successful, LONG marriage with old coots right?

Thats okay tho, as i could not contribute, as a couple, as my spouse (sexual) is married to me (asexual) who has worked thru our "problem" that spouse/husb hasnt got a clue as to there IS/was a problem. Now, THAT is success, in my opinion of course. heh.

I guess everything on TV is "youth oriented," which is sad. Oh well. That's the way it goes.

I guess everything on TV is "youth oriented," which is sad. Oh well. That's the way it goes.

I think so, as most of the stuff on TV is, imo, pathetic. But then i am not alone w/that - as i was just readg on Yahoo, someth about TV & movies - - how ppl are tired of the reality stuff, the remakes, the sequels, recycling .... oh i remember now - Hollywood has no imagination - the writers are either brain dead, on coke, or....dumb ideas of what they perceive the masses like/enjoy. THO, on the other hand, i just read an article of how hollywood is starting to re-think Older Actors, as in the latest w/Tommie Lee Jones & Meryl streep.

Alas, once you hit middle age, not many folks are too interested.

5_♦♣

Well, thing is, Asexuality tends to be conflated with lack of a sex drive. And well... The common view held in society is that the sex drive starts to decline at about the age of 40, so anyone over the age of 40 is more or less assumed to be Asexual anyway. As such, Aces in their 20s and 30s are more interesting to the media.

I thought this sounded cool, and maybe fun, but my asexy husband is camera shy. We might barely be in the age range. Also...we are successful, but not always drama free. :)

Well, thing is, Asexuality tends to be conflated with lack of a sex drive. And well... The common view held in society is that the sex drive starts to decline at about the age of 40, so anyone over the age of 40 is more or less assumed to be Asexual anyway. As such, Aces in their 20s and 30s are more interesting to the media.

I think it's pretty clear to the general public now that the sex drive doesn't decline after 40 -- there are plenty of men (and women) in the public eye who haven't quit chasing sexual encounters. But also generally, youth is more attractive than age, so the media want to portray youth.

I dont know why ppl assume that ppl over 40 have less of a sex drive - i havent witnessed, heard of it. My dad over 70, my husb 60, etc ... seems to me, "IT" just keeps going, going, going. I had a grt uncle who in his 80's chased skirts (not to mention Hugh Hefner, but who knows if that is all bravado or real).

First hand - i never noticed my husb slowing down at ANY point/yr (once we came to an understandg, as 1st yr of marriage he wanted it 5 x a day, 7 days wk - no way, i dont think ANY woman could handle that!). The only thing that ever slowed him down was; phys labor and stress.

"The misery of a child is interesting to a mother. The misery of a young man is interesting to a young woman. The misery of an old man is interesting to nobody."

--Eric Hoffer

I've watched people get old. It's sad and pathetic. The Norse had it right; one way or another, I'm going to die before I get decrepit.

"The misery of a child is interesting to a mother. The misery of a young man is interesting to a young woman. The misery of an old man is interesting to nobody."

--Eric Hoffer

I've watched people get old. It's sad and pathetic. The Norse had it right; one way or another, I'm going to die before I get decrepit.

that's what we all said. But there's never a point where you want to choose to go.

Archived