Sexual Compromise & Support

I think they come out in different ways for different folks (talking, singing, writing, fighting). For the ones that don’t let them out? I suspect they implode. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ryn2 said:

I mostly just leave them there.

Oh God, are you going to implode? 😬😳 haha 

• Like 1

Maybe someday?  Exploding seems more likely... ceebs will implode from letting hers all out.

• Like 2

I think elements of personalities from our families will always be a part of us.

Can that be changed? Mainly, I think it’s near impossible, but some can purposely and consciously force it.

More likely?  Make smaller changes incrementally and naturally across time and experience. Live your life consciously and decisively. Hopefully, as you hit the less glorious times, personal lines and boundaries are drawn. Pain defines those boundaries. The stronger you become, the better life becomes as you’re living it on your own terms. What’s acceptable?

😘 I’m swamped. Just meant to post that earlier. Hope you’re picking up what I’m putting down and why. I’m off @@@@@@@

16 hours later - Wow! It’s bananas here in my state. Everything has shut down for the kids: sports, schools, programs. The supermarket shelves are wiped clean in our area. I left with a bag of oranges, 3 onions, 2 bags of prepared salad and licorice tonight and only intended to get the candy for movie night. The scene in there shocked me, it was like out of the apocalypse. I was incentivized to grab the produce and run.

Work is in high panic mode and the past 3 weeks have been hellacious. Wait, did I mention our kids are home for the next month? Thank God we have complete coverage for them, but this is beyond what I expected. My husband has finally granted my lover permission to enter our home as he’s been enlisted to help watch the kids during the week. Home schooling in earnest is on tap. 

Well, this is a new normal for a bit. This too shall pass, but more than anything, it’s just wrapping your mind around something that was truly inconceivable before today. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Traveler40 said:

it’s just wrapping your mind around something that was truly inconceivable before today

It (behavior, not illness) finally started getting extreme here a couple of days ago.

We saw it in places like Costco earlier, but my photos from the local grocery stores are sobering. It’s just 6am here and my husband texted at 5:55am (store opens at 6am) he can’t even get a cart to get basics there are so many folks there.

We have stock, but I wasn’t thinking 3 squares and snacks for the next month with kids home. After what I saw last night, we figured to add a few things. That’s proving tough right off of the bat this morning.

It will work out as folks smooth out beyond the initial panic I guess. I’m not a “prepper”, but my heritage ensures I always have a healthy supply of pasta and sauce. Our kids won’t starve....😳

• Like 1

Sorry to hear it. My guess is things should slow down in a couple of days - all those panicking will be full up by then, and you’ll get what you need. It’s that or fight alongside the madness.

I am still confused about the rush on toilet paper. Then again, we are Costco folks and don’t run out usually so 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

I find the whole thing confusing. Mass panic. Which now has me separated from my wife by an ocean and travel restrictions that make me choose between having a job and seeing my wife. 

Wow, I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve never read it, but  Love in the Time of Cholera comes to mind. Odd times. May it pass quickly and healthily, and we get back to living normally.

53 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

We saw it in places like Costco earlier, but my photos from the local grocery stores are sobering. It’s just 6am here and my husband texted at 5:55am (store opens at 6am) he can’t even get a cart to get basics there are so many folks there.

It was very busy Thursday night here, and the grocery stores were very picked-over, but it hasn’t been can’t-get-in-the-store bad.

45 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

I am still confused about the rush on toilet paper.

Self-fulfilling prophesy.  Someone started a rumor that everyone would run out of TP and voila!

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, 123383 said:

The reason for stockpiling non-perishable goods now is to avoid having to buy them when the virus is widespread and the risk of getting it that much higher. It is an understandable choice.

It’s actually more to avoid going out to get it when you’re sick and infecting others (or getting quarantined without it), but agreed.  However, stockpiling enough TP to last for months and months (which people are doing) when it is made in-country is excessive and contributing to panic.

7 hours ago, ryn2 said:

Someone started a rumor that everyone would run out of TP and voila!

This is actually what happened here.  People started posting that the same thing would happen here that happened in Australia and suddenly those who already had months’ worth were panic-stockpiling more.

14 minutes ago, 123383 said:

Six of one and half-a-dozen of the other. Both are understandable.

Agreed but the overreaction of buying months’ and months’ worth of TP is not a reasonable reaction.

39 minutes ago, ryn2 said:

Agreed but the overreaction of buying months’ and months’ worth of TP is not a reasonable reaction.

When buying newspaper, milk, and galaxy mini eggs this morning in The corners shop around the corner from me, the owner has toilet roll in the shop window to entice customers. 

Although when I buy toilet roll, I get the 18 pack. Not to stock up, but buying 18 rolls works out at 30 cent per roll while the smaller packs is 50/60 cent per roll. 

I live alone. 18 toilet rolls last months

12 minutes ago, 123383 said:

All we know for sure is that the virus spreads easily and rapidly, that there is no treatment, that if you are vulnerable it might kill you, and that a vaccine is a year or more away.

But unless you are a prepper, you will be going to the store way before a year is up... so there is no reason for non-preppers to way-over-stockpile TP.

8 minutes ago, iff said:

Although when I buy toilet roll, I get the 18 pack. Not to stock up, but buying 18 rolls works out at 30 cent per roll while the smaller packs is 50/60 cent per roll. 

I live alone. 18 toilet rolls last months

Same, and that’s not what I mean...  I mean people literally filling their cars with TP.  Stores locally are rationing it to a pack a person a day and people are responding by giving their kids cash and coming in as a group to go out with 5-6 packs.

Doesn’t make sense when you’ll be back in a month or less for other stuff.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ryn2 said:

Same, and that’s not what I mean...  I mean people literally filling their cars with TP.  Stores locally are rationing it to a pack a person a day and people are responding by giving their kids cash and coming in as a group to go out with 5-6 packs.

Doesn’t make sense when you’ll be back in a month or less for other stuff.

Here it's 2 packs per customer. But, families are just splitting into multiple transactions. 

I'm cheating. My mom works in retail. She gets a truck in today. She can get supplies before the customers even realize things are in stock again. :P (We have TP though, we buy the double roll 12 packs cause it's $5 with coupon and lasts a while)