We're in peoples dreams

(SP)

http://trikuare.cx/mt/archives/001041.php

2013 Mod Edit: The above link doesn't work anymore, but its content can be found here. For future reference:

April 15, 2005

Asexuality is the new bisexuality (dream)
by fluffy at 09:52 AM

I had a pretty long and complex dream last night.

At the beginning, I was the main character from Invisible Monsters, whose lower jaw had been shot off. I figured out that by using my hand as my lower lips I could actually have intelligible conversations with people, so I got in touch with my parents, who were upset at me for not getting in touch earlier. (In the book, the main character tried, but every time she did her parents were excited about finally becoming the victims of hate-crime phone calls.)

So anyway, while talking to her, somewhere along the line it segued to a conversation real-me could have been having with my real mom. There was some sort of health newspaper and their focus was on asexuality, about how there was such a huge recent surge in the self-identified A population and so on, and there were a couple of articles specifically about real-me (some of them written by my mom). We were talking about that, and I wondered if maybe asexuality was the new bisexuality — a status which kids were taking on as something trendy even if it wasn't something they actually felt. Back in the 90s, a lot of kids were claiming to be bisexual, for one of three reasons:

• They were straight but wanted to appear open-minded
  • They were straight but wanted to squick out homophobes
  • They were gay but wanted to appear more socially-acceptable

and I wonder if maybe a lot of "asexual" kids (the ones who go to asexuality.org and talk about how they have sex BUT THEY DIDN'T LIKE IT, or how it's so unfair that society forces everyone to have sex etc.) are claiming to be asexual for similar reasons (appearing to be "above" the need for sex, or wanting to squick out people who are like "How could you live without sex?!" or whatever).

Anyway, then I found myself locked in an atrium, and I just knew I was in the latest Castlevania game. The first puzzle was really hard:

[The answer turned out to be 3]

After narrowly escaping from a similar fate to whoever had previously tried and failed that puzzle of mind-blowing proportions, I found myself back at home, cleaning the waste vein out of shrimp. I came across one shrimp which still had all of its organs intact — its brain, liver, kidneys, and heart. (They looked just like really tiny versions of human organs.) This seriously grossed me out so I needed to feed this shrimp to a cat instead of clean it myself, even though Emeril had always been saying how good the various organs of shrimp were, especially when spread on a cracker ("but you could put this on the bumper of a car and it would still taste good").

So I carried this shrimp around outside, trying to find Toby. Toby had run off into Delphine's construction project next door, where she was installing a very large and elaborate concrete walkway/fountain/world-domination complex. Sitting right in the middle was Toby, waiting for me. I gave him the shrimp, and he was happy.

Silly Green Monkey

That avatar looks like the Fluffy's avatar. maybe the same person?

They post with name fluffy (scroll down) so i'm guessing it is.

• 2 weeks later...

That's me, yes. It's weird to come across my own weblog posts when browsing. :)

(Not to mention being referred to as two separate people!)

I enjoy the fact that you even added a little diagram of that one part of your dream.

It was even sillier in the actual dream.

Archived