Are you single or not?

ithaca

1. 1. Are you single?

• Yes, I am
    • No, I am not
    • Not sure... (yeah, my life is messed up)
    • I don't care about answering this, I just really like polls!
  2. 2. If you're single......

• I can't answer this, I said I'm not single/not sure in question 1
    • I'm happy being single, I wouldn't change it
    • I'm happy being single but I wouldn't be against the idea of being in a relationship either
    • I'm not really happy, it feels lonely sometimes
    • I'm not happy at all, I strongly desire being in a relationship with someone
    • I'm not sure how I feel about being single/My feelings change sometimes.
  3. 3. If you're not single...

• I can't answer this, I said I'm single in question 1
    • I'm in a monogamous relationship with an asexual partner
    • I'm in a monogamous relationship with a sexual partner
    • I'm in an open relationship
    • I'm in a poly relationship
    • I'm married with kids
    • I'm married but no kids
    • I'm dating someone
    • I'm not really sure whether I'm in a relationship or not, it's a complicated situation...
    • I'm in a relationship, but I'd like to be single to be honest...

This poll is closed to new votes

In a relationship. Pissed off about it most of the time, hopefully it'll ease off one of these days though.

Single here. No guy I've ever met would want me - due to the simple fact that I have no interest in sex and am non-compromising. So, it seems that I really have no choice in the matter. And because of that - I will find and am almost at a place where I am perfectly content with being by myself. However, I would still like to find someone to be a great friend, travel partner, idea sharer, etc etc. -- but, oh well. It is what it is.

Next month on April 10th will make 14 years since I became a widow. I would like to meet someone and possibly have a relationship of some kind. Someone to laugh with and go places with and share my ups and downs with. I don't like being single. :(

I'm single and I voted 'I'm happy being single but I wouldn't be against the idea of being in a relationship either' because that's how I feel most of the time. There are other times, however, when I feel self-conscious, unloved and ugly because so few people have showed an interest in me. I know that it's daft, especially since I'm not especially eager to pursue a relationship myself and so I don't put the effort in, and also because I know that the way I feel about myself wouldn't be magically mended by somebody showing a romantic interest in me. At least I only feel that way when I'm at a low point.

Derp-D-Derp

I'm single. Haven't been in relationship since 2010 (it lasted 4 mos.) and it was almost 10 years before that. I truly miss having someone to come home to and do things with.

I am currently in a monogamous relationship with a sexual, and have been for a year and a half. Everything has been going great too.

I am single and have been so for about four years now. I am interested in more a companion, a friend, a confidant, someone at the end of the day how gives a dang whether or not I made it through the day. Someone to call on good days and on bad ones. But I am happy alone (mostly cuz I like doing my own thing). Im ok being single, but would prefer to have a relationship, with another asexual if I can be that picky. :)

I'm single. I'm mostly okay with it, although once in a while I wonder what it'd be like to have a girlfriend.

• 6 months later...
DeadandLovely

Was single when I joined AVEN a year ago… Now I am happily dating a fellow Avenite <3 We are in a long distance relationship (we have met in RL and spent time together in both the US and the Netherlands) and hoping to close the gap within the next year. He's such a sweety :wub:

I'm single and will be staying that way as far as I can help it. Relationships are a hassle, and relationships with me even more so. I sure wouldn't want to put either of us through it.

iliketaters22

Single and very happy staying that way. I'm not against the possibility that I could be in another relationship if I ever met someone who was compatible with me, but at the moment I just no longer care one way or the other. My apathy is mostly a response to all the hassle and drama of the dating scene and its arbitrary rules (like the guy ALWAYS has to make the first move, for example). It's beyond annoying. I'm not waiting on someone to find me either. I can't control everything that happens to me, and this is one of those things I can't control. I can let worry about what will happen in this area of my life consume me or let things happen as they will happen and focus on just enjoying life with the hand I've been dealt and never get tired of the looks on people's faces when they see that you can be happy without a significant other and/or sex! ^_^ I opt for the latter.

I'm single and meh about it. I'd really like a relationship, but I also like not having the fuss and drama that seems to come with it.

WhenSummersGone

I'm single and wish I wasn't, but I don't have the energy to date. It's mentally exhausting and right now I need to focus on school. There's a chance I may never try dating again but I'm hoping I will change my mind.

I too am single and quite happy about it! I have had relationships in the past that never worked and were my first clues that I was in denile about my true feelings. I have also always had close friends and roomates to whom I can talk about anything. I am still trying to find a way to live by myself but poor finance/gumption has hindered that effort. I never say never to things without careful consideration and am certain that I couldn't put myself through constant close contact again. Perhaps more roommates are in my future, but that's all. I realy do prefer a certain level of solitude!

alpacaterpillar

I'm single, and I really don't know if I want a relationship or not. Sometimes I very badly want a girlfriend to cuddle and do everything with, and other times I think that would be absolutely intolerable. When I think about the relationship within myself between those two attitudes, I kind of wonder if anybody would really want a relationship with me at all :blush:

Single until I find my magical Hollywood girl to sweap me off my feat. So basically single for quite some time to come I think. Meh..=p !

I have been single my entire life so far. My feelings on relationships vary according to my life circumstances--right now I'm too busy for a relationship and can't think of any suitable partners out of the people I interact with on a regular basis, so I'm feeling rather indifferent/content in my singleness.

Simply_Rennie

Yes I am single

I’m happy being single, I wouldn’t change it

I can’t answer this, I said I’m single in question 1

11 months later and I'm still single. I used to not care much, but as time goes on, the more lonely I feel. And the sad thing is, is that I'll never find someone as I recently discovered I'm poly. So yeah, guess I just have to accept the fact that I'll never know what love is.

Notte stellata

And the sad thing is, is that I'll never find someone as I recently discovered I'm poly. So yeah, guess I just have to accept the fact that I'll never know what love is.

Why? I don't think it's more difficult for poly people to find relationships than for asexuals.

Because even on here, there are so few poly people. I don't think I'd have any luck finding another poly person IRL.

peanut-butter-cloud

Single, and wouldn't dream of being anything else!

Notte stellata

Because even on here, there are so few poly people. I don't think I'd have any luck finding another poly person IRL.

If you live in a small city, it can be hard to find poly people IRL. But you have a much bigger chance if you're open to LDRs (I remember you said so in other threads).

Yeah, how I feel about it varies by the day. Love the last option you provided. :P

Single, but would kinda like a relationship...

single, not against relationship and not missing having someone. but I do miss cats :P

I am single. I wouldnt be against the idea of being in a relationship but i fear that my partner would catch on or not understand why I am not interested in sex.

Archived