Are you single or not?

ithaca

1. 1. Are you single?

• Yes, I am
    • No, I am not
    • Not sure... (yeah, my life is messed up)
    • I don't care about answering this, I just really like polls!
  2. 2. If you're single......

• I can't answer this, I said I'm not single/not sure in question 1
    • I'm happy being single, I wouldn't change it
    • I'm happy being single but I wouldn't be against the idea of being in a relationship either
    • I'm not really happy, it feels lonely sometimes
    • I'm not happy at all, I strongly desire being in a relationship with someone
    • I'm not sure how I feel about being single/My feelings change sometimes.
  3. 3. If you're not single...

• I can't answer this, I said I'm single in question 1
    • I'm in a monogamous relationship with an asexual partner
    • I'm in a monogamous relationship with a sexual partner
    • I'm in an open relationship
    • I'm in a poly relationship
    • I'm married with kids
    • I'm married but no kids
    • I'm dating someone
    • I'm not really sure whether I'm in a relationship or not, it's a complicated situation...
    • I'm in a relationship, but I'd like to be single to be honest...

This poll is closed to new votes

So how many AVENites are single? How many are in a relationship? and how do you feel about it? ^_^

Single, content with being single, but not closed off to a relationship once I feel like I'm ready for it.

Single, happy most of the time but sometimes wish I had a (asexy) boyfriend. :mellow:

Single and how I feel about being single frequently changes. Which is probably why I'm single.

Janus the Fox
Single and happy single, I am not against having a relationship of any kind, just don't feel any want to belong to a significant other. Possibly open for Poly relationship, hmm... On the fence really on what I can handle... Gender wise, heh... Maybe one of each... :unsure:
Kitty Spoon Train

1. Not sure... (yeah, my life is messed up).

2. I can't answer this, I said I'm not single/not sure in question 1.

3. I'm not really sure whether I'm in a relationship or not, it's a complicated situation...

The "complication" is basically this: I have an online romantic friendship of sorts. Whether you call this a "relationship" or not seems to be a very open question. Many people would say it's not, but then many others who are in mainstream monogamous relationships would definitely see it as "emotional cheating" if their partner developed something like this with someone else.

Sooo, these were my best choices with this poll. :lol:

I'm single and quite happy, but open to a romantic asexual relationship if the right woman comes along. :)

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I'm single and I'm kind of used to it, I would like to have someone to have cuddle with or just someone to share, like an activity partner.

Happy in a poly/open 'ship1 for over four years now, currently with one partner (she's sexual). :)

1 I voted poly, as "open" probably is to mean "sex only, no feelings", a limitation we certainly do not impose on each other's possible other partners.

The Great WTF

Open relationship, three years, pansexual partner... mostly I'm fairly unconcerned by it. I enjoy having my partner around, he keeps me entertained, washes the cats for me, and occasionally actually does useful things like dishes to help me around the house, but I enjoyed being single and it wouldn't bother me to be so again.

I'm single and it wasn't until this year that I put any effort into dating (if online dating counts). Along the way I figured out I was dinterested/repulsed by sex and I at least know now what I'm looking for. Fortunately I'm content enough that I don't mind being single.

Single, but kinda lonely. I have cats and some close friends and bands though! I'll survive.

happily single but would not be opposed to being in a relationship.

Single and... yeah. No idea there. Open to a relationship maybe if I could figure out how relationships work? (And figuring out how romantic attraction works would be another place to start, too.)

I´m single.

I ´m not agains relationship with another asexual in theory but I do nothing to find a partner, so I think I´ll stay single. :-D

Notte stellata

Poly relationship, two SOs, both of whom are on AVEN (doesn't mean I met both on AVEN though :P ).

A Taste of Harmony

- Happy single with 3 beautiful tropical colour cactuses. :)

- Haven't really thought about relationship for a long time.. not against it but not sure what relationship is actually.. I guess it's a good thing for life. :wub:

In a monogamous relationship for 4 years now (met on Aven). Not have any kids, not sure if want kids or not in the far far far future. I was happy being single and I am happy being in a relationship also.

Never had a relationship and I'm not actively looking for one, but I wouldn't be opposed to one. I just likely wouldn't be making the first move. Sometimes I get a little lonely, but I crave friendship moreso than a relationship. I find it difficult enough to relate to people that if I did form a relationship, it would have to be with someone I'm really close with, and it would have to happen organically.

I'm single, mainly because it'd be pointless to try and date before I turn 18. My views on my single status vary from perfectly content but open to possibilities, to surprisingly lonely when emotionally vulnerable. I voted not really happy because lately I've been swinging more that way.

Of course, I'd be as happy to have a queerplatonic relationship or romantic friendship as I would be with a traditional relationship.

EDIT: somehow I missed the option for "I'm not sure how I feel about being single", I would have chosen that.

Single. I have never been in a relationship because I have been too worried that it would hinge on sex. It's lonely, but preferable, in my opinion.

Somewhat happily single!

I'm an aromantic ace...but I still really desire a close platonic relationship with someone, but that seems impossible to find! :(

I'm single and I'm fine with it. I got tired of the dating dance, and it never seemed to go anywhere, so I gave up, and I'm happier for it.

I was never attractive enough to date, so I've always been single. Eventually I got over that arrogant wish to be appreciated and am now perfectly content with bachelorhood.

Archived