What video games are you playing?

Deschutes

Purplegems3

I'm currently playing Animal Crossing New Horizons on the Switch

Coming up on the end of ME1.

Forgot how frustrating the Mako exploration can be on some planets.

• Like 2

Yea, old school Bioware games were some of the absolute best.

Solasta launched out of Early Access. Debating if I want to go right into ME 2 and 3, or take a break and play Solasta. Hm. Well, Solasta is still having features added, might just wait.

Finished ME1 today (Legendary Edition). The Mako parts are mostly pretty boring and repetitive, and the game really shows its age even with the improved visuals when you're going through the side missions and the same handful of bland interior spaces recycled for all of them. The story missions are still excellently designed and the dialog is great, though.

Biomutant

Anomaly Q3Xr

Star Trek: Birth of the Federation.

Finished ME1, got disappointed that I missed some achievements because I didn't romance anyone (Kaidan and Liara just aren't my cup of tea anyway). Meh. On to ME2.

odifoisdgdfgsfg
32 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

Finished ME1, got disappointed that I missed some achievements because I didn't romance anyone (Kaidan and Liara just aren't my cup of tea anyway). Meh. On to ME2

Playing as a paragon or a renegade?

I love some of the renegade moments in the first game... And they don't feel contrived either.  They smashed it out of the park with that game.  Me2 is cool too...

3 minutes ago, Samsquanch said:

Playing as a paragon or a renegade?

I love some of the renegade moments in the first game... And they don't feel contrived either.  They smashed it out of the park with that game.  Me2 is cool too...

I'm doing a biotic paragon this time. Just glad I'm over the Mako elements. I was starting to get iffy grinding out the side quests, but kicking back into the story makes it all worth it.

I just found out today you can use the boosters to accelerate the Mako. Just wish I'd figured that out before finishing the game...

odifoisdgdfgsfg
25 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

I'm doing a biotic paragon this time. Just glad I'm over the Mako elements. I was starting to get iffy grinding out the side quests, but kicking back into the story makes it all worth it.

Nice!  Yeh the side quests are a bit grindy at times for sure, for all the epic story telling in that game the side quests do feel a bit lackluster, though I think a lot of this is the limitations of the hardware at the time.  I hope you did the kick ass moon mission with the rogue AI!  That's one of my faves I think....

17 minutes ago, Still said:

I just found out today you can use the boosters to accelerate the Mako. Just wish I'd figured that out before finishing the game...

lol, tragic.

The frustrating thing to me is that on PC, Mako boost is shift, jump is space. On foot, space is run. Whenever I switch, I keep hitting the wrong key.

Also, space being skip dialog and also selecting the next option has resulted in me accidentally selecting the wrong prompt several times. Which is annoying.

2 minutes ago, Samsquanch said:

Nice!  Yeh the side quests are a bit grindy at times for sure, for all the epic story telling in that game the side quests do feel a bit lackluster, though I think a lot of this is the limitations of the hardware at the time.  I hope you did the kick ass moon mission with the rogue AI!  That's one of my faves I think....

Yes, it definitely shows its age. At the time, it was amazing. Now... well, we've advanced. But this was one of my problems with Andromeda, the enjoyable parts of ME were the story, drama, companions, etc, not more running around plants shooting.

I did every. Single. Side quest. As always. And this has all of the DLC, so it is a lot.

7 minutes ago, Samsquanch said:

Every side quest is some going.  Assume you missed all the collectables as well though, since that requires a lot of Mako shenanigans!  Damn I really want to go play ME1 again now.....

Nope, I collected everything.

Their failure with Andromeda was like Bethesda's failure with Fallout 76. They completely misunderstood what people liked the game for and tried to tap into another genre using the worst parts of the game.

• Like 1
odifoisdgdfgsfg
1 minute ago, Zagadka said:

Their failure with Andromeda was like Bethesda's failure with Fallout 76. 

Aye, they screwed up with FO76.  I hated FO4 as well though.... God only knows what Beth are going to do with the new elder scrolls.  Definitely won't be pre-ordering that one!

Sarah-Sylvia

I have a bunch of small games to hold me over til next week when I get BioMutant :)

@Samsquanchno way to delete, but I took care of it ;)

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Samsquanch said:

Aye, they screwed up with FO76.  I hated FO4 as well though.... God only knows what Beth are going to do with the new elder scrolls.  Definitely won't be pre-ordering that one!

Yea, I wasn't a huge fan on FO4. They missed that people liked New Vegas most, and that was purely for the environment, story, characters, etc... then they release a live service game with no NPCs or story and the same really horrible shooter mechanics. Yes, people wanted multiplayer, but we meant with a friend or two exploring the story and world, not shared world free for all with no story...

I definitely learned not to pre-order anything. There is absolutely no need these days when everything is digitally available instantly.

The last game I pre-ordered was The Outer Worlds, which was worth it. Obsidian is one developer I trust. I almost pre-ordered Cyberpunk, glad I didn't. I'm not convinced Bethesda will pull off Elder Scrolls 6. They'll put in microtransactions, multiplayer, and crap probably.

Sarah-Sylvia

Yeh Outer Worlds was actually really decent, great story and characters, and a fun game for sure... Oh god, cyberpunk.  I spent 8 years waiting for that game, getting so hyped, I booked time off work to play it .... aaaaand, well it didn't quite suck, but wasn't far off.   I kinda thought that CDPR would be able to nail the landing with it, given their witcher experience etc, but you could tell that their reach far exceeded their grasp on that game.  Just felt like a skinned GTA with worse story and much less to do.  I was expecting a full blown RPG experience 😞  Maybe with DLCs and lots of patches 2077 will become a great game, but it wasn't that at release date...

I suspect ES6 will have microtx, 'gold' (which you pay for) and all that crap.  I don't even really care about that game to be honest, Oblivion was the best in the series 😉 

You liked Oblivion more than Skyrim? 😮

• Like 1
odifoisdgdfgsfg
1 minute ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

You liked Oblivion more than Skyrim? 😮

Hell yeh!  I *almost* like Morrowind more than Oblivion too 😉 

I want to live in Oblivion.  That vibrancy of that game, how green and shiny.  Skyrim was just so drab and cold.  I guess it was set in the north though 😉

• Like 1

I actually thought Outer Worlds wasn't that good of a game. The dialog and characters were good, but the terrible combat and "both sides" garbage made me drop it. Good thing it was on Game Pass.

Yeh Outer Worlds was actually really decent, great story and characters, and a fun game for sure... Oh god, cyberpunk.  I spent 8 years waiting for that game, getting so hyped, I booked time off work to play it .... aaaaand, well it didn't quite suck, but wasn't far off.   I kinda thought that CDPR would be able to nail the landing with it, given their witcher experience etc, but you could tell that their reach far exceeded their grasp on that game.  Just felt like a skinned GTA with worse story and much less to do.  I was expecting a full blown RPG experience 😞  Maybe with DLCs and lots of patches 2077 will become a great game, but it wasn't that at release date...

I'm waiting for patches and DLC for Cyberpunk. I suppose it is a functional action/shooter RPG with an OK story, but they were promising so much more. It was just... a game. I think they got a lot of people way too hyped up.

I suspect ES6 will have microtx, 'gold' (which you pay for) and all that crap.  I don't even really care about that game to be honest, Oblivion was the best in the series 😉 

There is a community project by TESR redoing Oblivion and Morrowind in Skyrim's engine with full remastering, I'm really looking forward to that. They have full permission from Bethesda and now MS. Called Skyblivion and Skywind.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Samsquanch said:

I'm so hyped for Skywind!  Been following their progress for a while now, the few demo videos they've released look absolutely brilliant!!!  I can't wait... 

Didn't realise that Beth had given the blessing! That's cool... Hope they still get released as free mods, but I'd happily pay...

Yep, they're still free. Have to own Skyrim and Oblivion+ DLC on Steam.

Spoiler
Skyblivion will be 100% FREE, but in order to play, we require our users to own both Skyrim and Oblivion including the DLC listed below, without these requirements our installer will not install the mod.
Oblivion DLC
  • Knights of the Nine
  • Shivering Isles
All of Oblivion’s minor DLC will also be supported, but these are not required to install Skyblivion.

I like promoting their project everywhere, because Skyrim reached a broad audience, and a lot of those people were never exposed to Morrowind and Oblivion back in the day, but I think they would really enjoy them with modern touches and accessibility.

I would *happily* pay a bit for these projects, too.

The modding community for Skyrim is just excellent. Skyrim + mods is so much more fantastic than the base, and they do it for free...

• Like 1